November challenge !!!!!!!!!!!! : >

Options

Replies

• crazywifewczx
    crazywifewczx Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am tying to get my ticker to work can anyone help me?

12473912.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I got it
  • ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Short checking in: yesterday in the green, today barely in the green.
    Everyday to little to drink and sleep (still having a cold).
    Until tomorrow! :smile:
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Gone over on cals today but it's my rest day so no chance to earn any back.

Looking forward to working out again in the morning, i love starting my day with a workout (wouldn't have said that 2 months ago).

Well done to you all for keeping at it and thanks Elimay for your continued support to everyone in this group x
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    The rules........

1 . My first couple goals will include staying at 1500 calories or so, drinking 128 oz of water & exercising 2 times a day..

2. 1 Good Habit will be to eat dinner early enough to take a walk afterwards.

3. I will try to check in everyday !!!! good or bad .

4. I have mastered taking a day off of exercise!

Here's how I did this weekend:
    1. I went over in calories today but hopefully I can at least stop now. (6:15pm)
    2. today I walked my dog before dinner.
    3. I'm checking in today to say that I did my best considering I could have eaten so much more.
    4. I should be okay since I took Sunday off for a rest day.

I WILL make November a great month !!!!!!!!!!!
    How did you do Elimay??

WE'RE DOING THIS CHALLENGERS!! Elimay, you are doing awesome as well!!
  • elimay59
    elimay59 Posts: 471
    Options
    Hello everyone :happy:

Welcome crazy wife :bigsmile: Ha Ha Ha. This is a really fun encouraging group

Thank you Istonlondry !!!!! you are doing great too :wink: I could have ate way more to I had a burger and frys it didnt even taste good.

Good job Sammy isnt it great to be making healthy habbits :tongue:

Raven Good job checking in please feel better :flowerforyou:

1. I went over calories
    2. didnt drink all my water.
    3.20 mins out of 30 excersize today.

I went to a facial party we had chocolate and champain :drinker: Yummy and fun girls night .
    I will be a good girl tommorow night :grumble: :happy:
    Good night :yawn:
  • Elleebell
    Options
    Had a really good day :) Too much sodium, so I'll be heavy in the morning but I worked out and took a long walk at the park with my daughter and stayed under calories! Drank all my water too and some green tea, which I just started drinking and LOVE! I got egyption mint infused green tea, because the mint is supposed to help with digestion and I really like it. It doesn't even need sugar or honey :D
  • sunshine012404
    Options
    Ok so I keep missing a few days, sorry!!! Tuesday I did great with my goals! Yesterday not so great! Today again not so great... I seem to do really good during the day and after a stressful and long day at work I lose it.. urg! But I'm not giving up. Hope everyone's doing great!!
  • Nicobh
    Nicobh Posts: 19
    Options
    Day 16: I was over 250 calories today picking at leftovers. It may be because I was over the four maximum between meals. Did 60 mins xercise, drank all water, wrote everything in the log. It is great to see so many people have keep up with the challenge! I enjoy reading how everyone is doing and seeing our steps towards changing habits.
  • amsw1275
    amsw1275 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have not checked in in a few days because we had a few things to celebrate and I indulged. Rather, over-indulged in things like bread, cheese, and baked goods. We had a night away from our FA child, so wasn't going to miss out on the oppportunity. I enjoyed the time, but am afraid of what the scale will read later. So, until Thanksgiving, I intend to be back on track. I think I'm going to modify my goals slightly.

Goals: 1) watch portion sizes
    2) Get in 30 minutes of cardio 2-3 days per week.
    3) Drink at least 48 oz water in addition to coffee and tea (for at least 64 oz fluid).
    Healthy habit: make sure to get at least one non-starchy vegetable with dinner each night; spend less time on couch
    Rest day: date night
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Morning!

It is so hard to believe that we are only 1 week away from Thanksgiving!

I am honestly feeling frustrated right now--the scale keeps going up (yes I am still stepping it on every day but at least it is only once)but that thing is making me very grouchy and discouraged.

So my goals for yesterday:
    1-Did 60 minutes on both my bike and elliptical
    2-drank over 2 liters of water
    3-record everything that I eat-yep. I am even measuring out things better to get more accurate. I am starting to wonder if MFP is high on my calorie burn and that I am going over that way as I do eat back my calories.
    4-cook a meal-yeah not so much. I did make a turkey sandwich for supper instead of a frozen dinner. My cooking skills are pretty pathetic in case you haven't guessed that. I am sure that is not helping the scale either.

Sorry for the rant....this has been a long week at work and it is catching up with me. Can't seem to put out all of the fires for everyone.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday and keep up the great work!
  • amsw1275
    Options
    Hawkeye gal- sorry you're feeling discouraged. As for the scale going up, is it possible you are not getting enough sleep? I know I eat more carbs and make worse food choices when I'm sleep deprived (which is fairly often). Also, are you excercising too much? That sounds backwards, but you do need to give your body a rest. Lastly, even if you are eating the right number of calories, its possible that the source of those calories is what's getting you. For me, eating an excess of carbs is what gets me. As for not cooking dinner, do you have a crockpot? You could have it going all day while you're working, and come home to a cooked meal. Hope this is helpful, and not redundant.
  • ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, checking in early today.
    Thanx for the get well wishes!

I am still in the green, but i shouldn't snack anything tonight but we are having people over....
    Didn't do any yoga, but i try to forgive myself because i was feeling :sick: all week.
    Drinking a little better, so maybe next week i will drink enough.

Nice evening everyone!
  • crazywifewczx
    crazywifewczx Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Just checking in for today. Yesterday was a good day i was under my calories goal and managed not to eat back the exercise calories even though i did snack after 8 pm:embarassed: only 6 days to go untill my weight in hope i can make it a good few days. Even thou it was cold out side i still managed to bundle up and get in a slow walk for 25 mins today yeah
  • l00zrr
    l00zrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    OH god my feet are killing me :sick:
    Started work, ten hours of running up and down stairs, and through aisles to get Amazon.com customers their products on time.
    On the bright side, I had a great trainer, and we got Thanksgiving feast on my first day!
    That included turkey, chicken, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, and pumpkin/apple pie!
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Day 17: My willpower has definitely been weakened. Greggs (bakery chain in Uk) has started selling it's Christmas mince pies and I haven't been able to resist them for the last few days. Must try harder to walk past the shop and not go in!! Went over on cals today despite having a good workout this morning. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day.

Night all x
  • elimay59
    elimay59 Posts: 471
    Options
    Hello everyone :flowerforyou:

Sorry you are feeling discouraged hawkeye. You are doing great just dont give up :smile:
    Sounds like a fun job izzy :wink:
    Good job on walk crazy wife :happy:
    nice to see everyones post :bigsmile:

Its early in the day ,I will check back latter :tongue:
  • jenergy_20
    Options
    Hi Everyone :flowerforyou:

I didnt want to get on and say I have had a non accountable day again.... but I have. I am definitely stressed and its

showing. I know I am the only one to turn it around, I need to get my butt moving.

Think I'm gonna give the stationary bike a shot this evening elimay!

Have been watching Gone With the Wind, one of my favs while on the treadmill, the last time and before that My Big Fat Greek

Wedding.:heart:

Positive words on my next post.... promise. :smile: :smile: :smile:

WELCOME crazy wife!

Hang in there hawkeye!
  • amsw1275
    Options
    I stuck to the water. Initially that was difficult, but as the day wore on it became easier to drink 64 oz (plus coffee so I'm over). Just finished dinner and still in the green. Not 100% sure yet if I want something more, but will try to ignore that.
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    The rules........

1 . My first couple goals will include staying at 1500 calories or so, drinking 128 oz of water & exercising 2 times a day..

2. 1 Good Habit will be to eat dinner early enough to take a walk afterwards.

3. I will try to check in everyday !!!! good or bad .

4. I have mastered taking a day off of exercise!

Here's how I did this weekend:
    1. I went over in calories today BIGTIME! What was I thinking? But I did try to make it better in the end.
    2. today I only hiked with my dog in the morning, nothing tonight because I went to the gym.
    3. I'm checking in today to say that I did NOT do my best at lunch. Eventhough I was sooooo close to ordering smothered porkchops, mashed potatoes & gravy!!!
    4. As far as a rest day, I think it is going to be Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

I WILL make November a great month !!!!!!!!!!!
    How did you do Elimay??

WE'RE DOING THIS CHALLENGERS!! Elimay, you are doing awesome as well!!
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    Morning all!

So Tuesday was my long day for work--13 hours and 9 of that was spent in the car to drive to 1 meeting. I packed a bag of snacks and only took 1 serving of the crackers and chips I like to munch on. A vast improvement from the bag of each I usually go through when I'm traveling. Drank plenty of water as I was traveling. Before I headed off for work, I rode my bike for 60 minutes.

One of my goals was to accept complements....so my client (who has intellectual disabilities and mental health issues) says to his staff that he remembered when I was fat and now I'm skinny and he was doing the hand signs to boot. I thanked him for being my reality check and the ripped into him for calling people fat.

Keep up the good work everyone!

I just read this!! It happened to me at Costco (fulll of people) and one of my kids' friends DAD yelled across the store "I remember when you were THIS BIG" with the hands the widest they could be!! And he isn't even disabled....well I guess he could be. Ha!!