true hourglass figures

Options

Replies

• adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Would you like me to post my picture so you can tell me if I am a "true hour glass" or a pseudo hour glass?
  • willowautumn07
    willowautumn07 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    what I have read is an hourglass figure is determined by your chest measurements being the same as your hip measurements and that your chest be 6 inches from your waist and that your waist be 6 inches from your hips, I am not sure how many women fall into this category but I think a lot of women have an hourglass looking shape without fitting what is considered to be "true"
    Anyhow I don't think that there is a whole lot of validity to your question about quicker weight loss for women who have these dimensions. :smile:
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    IDK, are we supposed to start posting our measurements and wait for approval?
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Would you like me to post my picture so you can tell me if I am a "true hour glass" or a pseudo hour glass?
    :laugh:
  • Regmama
    Regmama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    no photos are needed, it's about the measurements.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Don't mind me, I'm just here for pics.
    ditto
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I'm banana shaped as are most women.... and I like it that way! Most fit and toned women are....still have boobs and some hip and bum though! ;)
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    OK sodoes this make me an hourglass? My bust & hips are 1 inch different with my waist being 9 smaller than my bust...
  • adjones5
    Options
    What if you have plastic surgery to increase your bust? Then do you count as an hourglass?
  • adjones5
    Options
    What if you have plastic surgery to increase your bust? Then do you count as an hourglass?

Same question for butt implants.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this is helpful, but...

Found this on superskinnyme.com:

Hourglass Body Shape
    •Well-proportioned upper and lower body.
    •Shoulders and hips (almost) same size
    •Dramatic indentation (> 6″) at waistline
    •Tend to gain weight all over your body, especially hip and chest area.
    •Tend to be endomorphs or mesomorphs.
    •Strictly female shape.
    •E.g. 32-26-33, 33-27-35, 36-30-38.

Then I found this on epigee.org:

•Mesomorphs: Mesomorphs are usually described as having an athletic build. They often have an hourglass or ruler shape, and gain muscle mass easily. The majority of mesomorphs have broad shoulders and a narrow waist. They have a fast metabolism and can lose weight more easily than endomorphs.

Don't know much about these sources, but I thought it would help the discussion.

Continue.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I am an hourglass. I don't think I shed weight more quickly than others because of my shape. I think I shed weight at the pace I did because I was consistent and worked hard every single day to get healthy.

I'm 5'10" and my measurements are
    (Chest / Waist / Hips)
    39 / 27.5 / 37.5
  • Iwillbemeagain
    Options
    Lol, this is too funny!
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    IDK, are we supposed to start posting our measurements and wait for approval?

Indeed, how does that work? Everyone form a line to the left. Those judged to be true will be deemed free to post. Frauds and fakers can p!ss off.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    i'm a true hourglass by your definition. 10" difference in bust/hip and waist measurement and only 1 measly inch from being exact bust and hip measurement.

i can't see your figure, but there are several views of mine in my photo album.

and might i say, as a "true hourglass figure" that this post is a bit pretentious and a lot frivolous in my humble opinion.

in answer to your question: we may APPEAR to lose or gain weight quickly, but as a friend once said - you earn the body you have.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    my measurements are 42 for both bust and hips and waist is 35 does this count?
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass and am dropping weight relatively fast and was wondering if any other true hour glasses have experienced the same? I had read that our shape gains and loses the fastest and want to see how true it is. So,please, if you are not a true hourglass shape (and many on here who claim to be, when looking at their pictures clearly aren't) refrain from commenting if you can.

Thank you

I don't think you meant this to come off rude, (as it did) but to answer you question (no I'm not hour glass, I'm a big booty girl with a tiny upper body) your shape has zero impact on how quickly you gain or lose weight. Things that DO impact it are mostly out of your control (Ie genetics coding many things including how often your body releases hormones that regulate appetite and hunger) with some baring on metabolism (which is also partly controlled by genetics as well).
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    hourglasses have at least 9" difeerence between their bust and waist measurements, same with hips and waist and bust nd hips are similar in measurements.

9'' between waist and hips? I've been an hourglass since i was like 5 ha
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    And what if one boob is at least six inches bigger that the other one?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I was an hour glass when heavy and breast feeding, now I'm a pear. I have 11inches between my waist and hips, but only 5 inches between my waist and bust. :(