November Turkey Trot 10 lb Challenge

Options

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    You guys don't do ANYTHING for Thanksgiving? Knowing his family, that really surprises me!
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Well, I am Canadian, which means we already did Thanksgiving in October. I guess that is cheating, but I hope to drop a few more pounds this month so that will help. I have not been able to get in 5 servings of vegetables per day so I guess I blew that one, but if I add fruit and vegetables together, I did okay. Sodium is good, only over once. Water is not a problem at all and I am onto my second 100 miles. So far having a great month. Thanks for the challenge it is great incentive and motivation. Everyone is doing great. Carla
  • youuluvashh
    youuluvashh Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Challange

10/12 - 60 Eliptical = 1.7 miles // 16 oz // Over Sodium // Veges: ??
    10/13 - REST DAY!!
    10/14 - 60 Eliptical = 1.83 // 16 oz // Over Sodium // Veges: No
    10/15 - 60 Eliptical = 1.8 // 16 oz // Over Sodium // Veges: No
    10/16 - 0
    10/17 - 45 Bootcamp = 6.4 // 33.8 oz // Under Sodium // Veges ??
    10/18 -

Total Miles: 11.73
    Miles Left: 8.27
  • jilleencaizzi
    jilleencaizzi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    down 2.9lbs this week!! water challenge met on 4 days stayed under my calories every day and fruits and veggies met and my sodium was down!! Happy Friday!!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    11/11 48 oz water / 0 veggies / under on sodium / 1 mile
    11/12 64 oz water / 0 veggies / over on sodium / 0 mile
    11/13 80 oz water / 1 veggies / under on sodium / 0 mile
    11/14 64 oz water / 3 veggies / over on sodium / 0 mile
    11/15 48 oz water / 4 veggies / over on sodium / 0 mile
    11/16 48 oz water / 0 veggies / under on sodium / 0 mile
    11/17 64 oz water / 1 veggies / over on sodium / 2 miles

November totals:
    9 out of 100 miles

I really haven't been motivated to workout this month. I'm going to have to get my butt in gear or I'll definitely GAIN on Thanksgiving. Looks like everyone is doing well. Keep it up! The month's not over yet!
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    so everything seemed to go well except for sodium this week...and for all the eating out we did (family in town) I still managed to lose 1.2 lbs! not too shabby! I am at exactly 301. my Fingers are CROSSED I can do well on thanksgiving I am taking my water bottle with me! I want to be under 300 next friday!
  • zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You guys don't do ANYTHING for Thanksgiving? Knowing his family, that really surprises me!

Nope. His parents are ok with it, and my grandparents on my mom's side agree (because they've dealt with the multiple divorced fighting parents thing)... but the rest of the family gets pretty pissed. But we just decided that we can't let them dictate our lives. It's frustrating because I can't do anything with any one family member without all the others getting mad that we didn't do it with them. Ugh. Anyway, that's a different story we can share over a glass of moscato. :bigsmile:

On a side note... I show a slight gain this week. HOWEVER, I'm going to take that as a loss, because I consistently show a 4 pound gain once a month which would actually put me at more like 147-8... which would make about a 1.5 pound loss this week! At least, that's what I'm going with!!!
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Doing well, I accomplished 35.71 miles this week.
    Water has not been a problem.
    Veggies, sometimes. I try to do 5-6 serving a day.
    1.2 pounds lost.

I can see Onederland in my sights. (:

I am planning not to eat a lot at Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving will not be at mom’s house this year, so my favorites from mom I want have to worry about over eating. Lol
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know what I'm going to do for Thanksgiving. My weight is up from lack of sleep, schedule change, and eating to keep up my energy (plus some) I'll do what I can to turn it around so that hopefully by Thanksgiving, I can be at a decent weight.
  • Athena413
    Options
    Well, I am Canadian, which means we already did Thanksgiving in October. I guess that is cheating, but I hope to drop a few more pounds this month so that will help. I have not been able to get in 5 servings of vegetables per day so I guess I blew that one, but if I add fruit and vegetables together, I did okay. Sodium is good, only over once. Water is not a problem at all and I am onto my second 100 miles. So far having a great month. Thanks for the challenge it is great incentive and motivation. Everyone is doing great. Carla

Sorry - you'll have to forgive my arrogant American mind! I forget there are people on here from other countries! :blushing:
  • Athena413
    Options

Nope. His parents are ok with it, and my grandparents on my mom's side agree (because they've dealt with the multiple divorced fighting parents thing)... but the rest of the family gets pretty pissed. But we just decided that we can't let them dictate our lives. It's frustrating because I can't do anything with any one family member without all the others getting mad that we didn't do it with them. Ugh. Anyway, that's a different story we can share over a glass of moscato. :bigsmile:

On a side note... I show a slight gain this week. HOWEVER, I'm going to take that as a loss, because I consistently show a 4 pound gain once a month which would actually put me at more like 147-8... which would make about a 1.5 pound loss this week! At least, that's what I'm going with!!!

You thought about that second paragraph WAY too long! lol
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Weighing in the a.m. I got up later than expected this morning and forgot to weigh. At least it was a hiking day today and no over indulging! =)
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I REALLY blew up this week, cant say i dont know what did it..because I do but its still just crazy how I gained nearly 6pounds this week. Poor choices were made. Margaritas 2 days this week and not eating right. Plus T.O.M. is due to arrive any day now. I may have suffered a couple days of constipation that has still not cleared.

Excuses excuses but overall....I did not stay on track this week. Thank God for New Weeks!!! Too bad its a Holiday week but I'll try harder!
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Well, last 2 days have been crazy with cravings. I can't believe how much sugar and salt I ate yesterday. I will need extra water today and a couple of good work outs to get back on track. Hope I haven't derailed.
  • WendyTricia
    Options
    So far so good. I've lost 3 pounds this month so far and hoping to up that pace and really log some more pound loss towards the end. Want to finish strong. Did good on my water, calories and sodium. Low on miles, but that will pick up too.

It's been a great month! Thanks for the challenge!!!
  • WendyTricia
    Options
    BTW what's this week's mini-challenge? Is it the same as last week's
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Okay so I DID ITTT!!!!! The scale said 299.4 this morning (299.8 yesterday....and yes I do weigh myself everyday I have tried the not weighing myself but for some reason it makes me SUPER anxious not to weigh it helps me...so i do it...)

So I am not "checking in" on here until Friday which is what I normally do, but holy hell I don't want to head back into the 300's...it has been 9 and 1/2 LONG years since I last saw 200's... would it be really naughty of me to take a big salad with me to my SILs house...(she told me to bring what ever as a side dish) and then just make a salad with some turkey meat?! I don't want to be rude but I want to do my best....I can't stand her stuffing and potatoes are Eh? and MIL puts TONS of butter in all the veggies...so I am kind of nervous about it....
  • youuluvashh
    Options
    Week 3 Challange

10/12 - 60 Eliptical = 1.7 miles // 16 oz // Over Sodium // Veges: ??
    10/13 - REST DAY!!
    10/14 - 60 Eliptical = 1.83 // 16 oz // Over Sodium // Veges: No
    10/15 - 60 Eliptical = 1.8 // 16 oz // Over Sodium // Veges: No
    10/16 - 0
    10/17 - 45 Bootcamp = 6.4 // 33.8 oz // Under Sodium // Veges ??
    10/18 - 60 Eliptical = 1.7 // 36 oz // Under Sodium //

Total Miles: 13.43
    Miles Left: 6.57

This week was horrible for me!! :(
  • youuluvashh
    Options
    Week 4 Challange

10/19 -45 Bootcamp = 6.4 // 32 oz
    10/20 -
    10/21 -
    10/22 -
    10/23 -
    10/24 -
    10/25 -

Total Miles: 6.4
    Miles Left: 13.6

This week was horrible for me!! :(
  • zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Okay so I DID ITTT!!!!! The scale said 299.4 this morning (299.8 yesterday....and yes I do weigh myself everyday I have tried the not weighing myself but for some reason it makes me SUPER anxious not to weigh it helps me...so i do it...)

So I am not "checking in" on here until Friday which is what I normally do, but holy hell I don't want to head back into the 300's...it has been 9 and 1/2 LONG years since I last saw 200's... would it be really naughty of me to take a big salad with me to my SILs house...(she told me to bring what ever as a side dish) and then just make a salad with some turkey meat?! I don't want to be rude but I want to do my best....I can't stand her stuffing and potatoes are Eh? and MIL puts TONS of butter in all the veggies...so I am kind of nervous about it....

Absolutely not!!! I have a friend whose family made fun of her constantly for not eating much at family get-togethers. She tried to just make everyone happy at first, but then decided that once in a while IT'S OK to put yourself above other people... especially if it's other people's food (aka something material). A couple of days ago she hit 100 pounds lost... needless to say, they don't bother her about it anymore. Don't worry about anyone else. You know who you are and what you can handle. Do what is right for you and don't worry about the rest. If your family (or in-laws) love you, they will support you.