Replies

• Gazer362
    Gazer362 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thanks!
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    Love the pineapple version but want to try it using canned peaches!

Has anyone done this?
    I bought a boxed cake last night - duncan hines french vanilla i believe... but it's not "add water only" so I'm not sure if it'll still work! I believe it requires water, egg, and probably oil... so if i'm only adding a can of peaches will it hold together??
  • mocatfish64
    Options
    am going to stop to get for our Dinner at work tomorrow. This is great! Thanks for sharing. Going to try the pumpkin in, since its Thanksgiving time..... THANK YOU!:love:
  • iSteakers
    Options
    bump
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I've made the cakes before, using the sugar free cherry and apple pie fillings, and the pineapple, and they were delicious. I never thought to make cupcakes out of them!

<
    not very imaginative in the kitchen :)

I got the recipe from WW, but it was using sugar free blueberry pie filling, which I've never been able to find. Thanks for posting this!

krnlcsf - it should work with the peaches, but you'll probably want to chop them up. You can even make a cake using just a diet Coke!
  • Boo_08
    Boo_08 Posts: 102
    Options
    bump
  • jasonnjamer
    jasonnjamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • snowblizz
    Options
    THEY SOUND GREAT THNX ANY PICS
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    YUM!
  • campbellfordgranny
    Options
    Thanks ... this looks like a keeper ... I'm going to make these for a pot-luck for the family ... along with something else healthy, of course ... lol

Thanks again :drinker:
  • cherylaclark
    cherylaclark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ppearo
    ppearo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use spice cake with 1 can of pumpkin. If the mixture seems to thick you can add a little water. I bake into cup cakes using the pkg time and directions
  • Khorner84
    Khorner84 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • kellzroxs
    kellzroxs Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    this site is great !! www.skinnytaste.com lots of great recipes! and its really good for people on weight watchers since the majority of the recipes have points values so you dont have to sit and figure it out for yourself!!
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    I've made the cakes before, using the sugar free cherry and apple pie fillings, and the pineapple, and they were delicious. I never thought to make cupcakes out of them!

<
    not very imaginative in the kitchen :)

I got the recipe from WW, but it was using sugar free blueberry pie filling, which I've never been able to find. Thanks for posting this!

krnlcsf - it should work with the peaches, but you'll probably want to chop them up. You can even make a cake using just a diet Coke!

thanks rachmox! i guess i'll give it a shot! i was thinking of throwing the peaches in the blender first to break them up a bit. :)
  • Kulli1
    Kulli1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump, cheers
  • translinda
    translinda Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Just made these tonight for Thanksgiving tomorrow. They are delicious!
  • angiebugpie
    angiebugpie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    :love:
    This recipe has been on here before but I thought I'd repost it for those of you who are new or didn't see it :) Took them to a "Girls Night" party and nobody knew the were "healthy"-they were a huge hit!

Pineapple Angel Food Cupcakes

1 box Duncan Hines Angel Food cake (add water only kind)
    1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple in its own juice.

Mix dry cake mix and pineapple together (no water). Fill cupcakes 2/3 full. Place batter in fridge between batches and it bakes better. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 min or golden brown.

Delish and only 69 calories each, fat free! I put the nutritional content in the food data base under "generic pineapple angel food cupcakes". Enjoy!

~Marnie
  • funghoney
    Options
    this sounds absolutely delicious, except this product is probably not available for purchase where I live :(