WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER

Options

Replies

• mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Had a good WI this morning. Down 4 lbs! Exercise is out of the way.

We had a pre-Thanksgiving dinner with part of our extended family yesterday. Actually Mama looks good and really enjoyed her time with her children. Especially the great-gran kids. We are supposed to consult with her Dr on Friday.

The rest of the family will be in on Thursday. Hopefully that day will go good too.

I hope all of you have a good day with good choices!

Cindy
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies,,

hope all had a good weekend....we celebrated:drinker: Thanksgiving on saturday....i made the turkey(20 something lbs)i brined it for two days and it was awesome...also some cornbread stuffing that we use as a side dish, spinach (with cheese and cream), two of my sons made sweet potato casrole, and the other "the perfect gravy" thats what its called, both came out great....had lots of bread(zucchini and others), deserts(pecan cake, cookies, fruit) and drink....we had a great with family.....i will say that once i start eating healthy my body seems to reject all the butters, and fat....yesterday i was feeling drained, bloated and just not well:sad: ...i think for me its all the sugars....so back to normal .....i dont want any sugary or fatty food til Christmas(Christmas eve).....

good luck to all those prepping for Thanksgiving this week ....have a great all:flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: A quick hello as I eat my breakfast:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I overdid again last night at our friends' house with turkey, stuffing, etc.........nothing really bad, just total lack of portion control

:bigsmile: Barbara, I decided to buy a box of the hand warmers you put in your pockets and not buy new gloves by mail......dexterity is so important when I walk the dogs....putting on leashes and gentle leaders, holding two leashes in one hand from time to time, tying a knot in the poop bags, etc. so I didn't want to pay a lot of money for gloves that don't give me the flexibility I need. all the research I did, told me that the Arctic mushers use the pocket hand warmers and often have to take off one layer of gloves or mittens if they have to adjust harnesses or do anything that requires flexible finger. I read one website about "electric gloves" and then discovered they were for motorcycles where you could keep them plugged in all the time.:laugh: Skiing requires a tight grip but not the flexibility in the fingers. So, as much as I don't want to use something that's disposable and chemical, for right now, that's my choice. If you find a warm pair of gloves (Gore Tex and Thinsulate) at Cabela's and you can tie your shoelaces while wearing them, let me know.

:flowerforyou: Robin, on Friday when I had to drive to Silverdale to pick up my friends and everyone was predicting snow, it was totally dry the whole way. Hubby went to Olympia and ran into some snow. Yesterday it was at freezing but dry. Right now it's over 40 degrees and raining.

:flowerforyou: Michele, I think the last of "The Thin Commandments" is about maintenance, but I found the whole book interesting and useful.......after my two days of pig-out meals, I think I need to re-read the book.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

On top of everything else, our Wii died. We got a new one, but we can't get the memory card out of the old one, so it is back to the beginning on all the exercises and routines. It will be OK, but I have to say that starting over at exercise hurts more than it did when I was just beginning beginning. It's the tendency to over doing it by doing what I was able to do a couple of months ago.

An old dear friend will be in town for Thanksgiving without her hubby and will be coming over to spend the day with us. It will be good to see her. She lives in Alaska now, but has to come to New Mexico for health care as that is where her plan is and she can't switch it because of her medical conditions. So, she only comes down when she is sick and really needs a doctor.

Happy Monday!

Jeannie

PS: Michelle - My kind of Italians eat their salads first, but I don't know any that don't let guest have seconds or limit meatballs. The norm is to serve family style and just put everything on the table. My baked ziti has lots of cheese and sauce. If we ever get to meet up, I will make it for you. All I can say is maybe it is due to the economy and having to watch what the host were spending. It still does not sound very Italian to me. ( I hope they at least had wine bottles on the table.) <-large bottles
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning to all! I have a busy week planned with my trip to Texas. We will leave after work tomorrow and spend the night at my mother's before going on to Texas. Today, I am working, cooking dinner for the kids, playing in a concert, and trying to pack. At least my husband got the laundry done yesterday. I'm not sure how I am going to fit in watching the Sing Off today, since this is the show where you get to vote! :laugh:

I hope everyone has a great week with family and friends. I know that I will. I will probably pop in and out of here, as I think there is wireless internet at my hotel. I don't think that I will take the time to log my food though. I can't wait to see my 11 month old grandson. With my daughter's new job and move, now I won't be able to see him at Christmas, so it will be March before I see him again. I will just have to cherish every moment this weekend. :love:

And before I go, just a quick shout out to Chiclet - we have missed you! I hope all is well in your world!

See you all down the road!
  • kleinbuenstorf
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!!
    Just finished my 5 miles on the treadmill and feel really good about it. Now for some lunch- I think I'll make lentils today, it's that kind of day - cloudy, cold and dreary.

Cindy - I'm glad you had a good time with your family and can look forward to some more family time this week.
    Mary - have a safe trip and a great time in Texas. We live west of Fort Worth, so you will be in my neck of the woods!!

Have a nice day,
    Desiree
  • msh0530
    Options

Mary - have a safe trip and a great time in Texas. We live west of Fort Worth, so you will be in my neck of the woods!!

Have a nice day,
    Desiree

My daughter is in Arlington, and we will also be spending time with brother and sister in law in south Fort Worth, so yes, I will be!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Hey, today is the first day at my new job and I hav no computer or LAN access so I can't really do anything.

I was not at all surprised to find that being out of work meant losing a lot of my good habits. I have been thinking I need to start logging my food again because I know I'm not getting enough protein. But i just couldn't make myself do it. Well, I was sitting here at work and the next thing you know, I'm logging into the MFP app and logging my morning protein shake! It wasn't even a conscious decision on my part. Just habit because I always log at work!

My head is still bothering me a bit. I went on a short ride on Sat and it ended up even shorter than planned due to my head starting to hurt. But today I took a shower and it didn't hurt after as it has for the past two weeks. So that's good.
  • sunflowers8
    sunflowers8 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    HELLO Everyone. diet sort of went a wee bit out the window over the weekend .hope to claw back for wi on Wednesday.
    but i have found it hard today i want chocolate !!.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: MacMadame, I'm so glad to see you posting again. I read your blog from time to time so I know you're active but it's nice to see you here. I'm really happy to hear that you have started a new job. There's something very comforting about a routine and a paycheck.
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I finally have a signal! Checking in from our hunting camp in Michigan. I'm happy but tired - I have processed, packaged and frozen 3 deer for the past 3 days. Our grandson flew in yesterday and hopefully will get his first deer this year.

I can't log my food or participate here as I can hardly ever get a cell here.

Hope you all are doing well. I am getting plenty of exercise and eating fairly well - not as many veggies as I would like but I will get back to them as soon as I get back home.

Not sure if the will get sent, so I won't take the time to peck out much here on my phone.

Faye
  • cathys01
    cathys01 Posts: 221
    Options
    Hi Everyone:

First of, Cindy, my heart goes out to you. I lost my Mother to cancer 10 years ago and my dear Dad to dementia only 3 yeard ago. Try to take care of you; it will not be easy, but hopefully, your family will be there for you and that will help. In the meantime, any time you need to rant or anything, we are here for you.

I have been down all weekend and into today with a stubborn migraine; I just cannot shake it!! These headaches really get me down sometimes but the doctors does not seem to be able to get them under control and it is so frustrating!!

The radio station I listen to is playing Christmas music all the time now, so that is nice, anything to try and get in the spirit. It seems to be getting harder and harder these days to get into the Christmas spirit and I am not sure why, I have always loved this time of year but I just don't seem to be "into it" for some reason. Anyone feel like that??

Well, take care, my Friends. Hope you are all well. Welcome to the newcomers, by the by.

Love, Cathy xx
  • yvonnemfp
    yvonnemfp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join your group. I will be 50 next year. I have over 100 pounds to lose and need support and motivation. My best to all of you in reaching your goals. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • sveltewisher
    sveltewisher Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Cindy, I am so sorry about your Mom. Please make the best of the holidays

Exercise Mom -Italians like most Europeans eat salad after the main course...The hostess probably thought that you eat lightly normally because you are in good shape.

I thought that I posted yesterday but may not have hit post reply...We are in Cape Cod, Mass, for Thanksgiving. A couple of wild turkeys crossed the road in front of our house yesterday. I thought brave turkeys! Cold but clear sunny weather. A great deal of walking today.

Make it a great night!
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Good Evening, Dear Ladies,

Yvonnemfp: Welcome...you have found the right place for support and friendship. I wish you success on this journey!

MacMadame: Good to hear from you and glad to have you back here!

Faye: Wow...you are having an Old Fashioned Thanksgiving! Good for you & enjoy!

Cathy: Good advice to Cindy. I still have both of my parents and I count them at the top of my Blessings every day...I know my day will come to deal with what you ladies have dealt with and are dealing with now. All my best wishes...

I got a pat on the back from my doctor during my annual physical today...everything was good or better than last years...so that feels nice:flowerforyou:

Tomorrow is a crazy day so I want to wish each of you here in the USA a Wonderful Thanksgiving. I count you as a blessing each day and am so Thankful to have found you! You make this "journey" fun! I hope to check in while our family is here...but if I don't...I'm thinking of you all! Take care:heart::heart: :heart: Kackie
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I've had a busy couple of days. Tomorrow is the last day of cycle one of the 17 day diet.....I am hoping to see a good lost. I did have a nice drop last week. It is also the end weigh in for my Weight Loss Challenge group ( we start up with a new challenge next week--love that the is no space between challenges this time). I started out to the gym today but I felt so lousy, I turned around and came home, took some tylenol and went to bed.
    I am having Thanksgiving dinner here and I am looking forward to it. We are a small family and it will be quiet. I am keeping things simple.
    I hope all of you have a great holiday....
    Sally
  • Hi,

Is there room for one more? I'm 54 and looking to get back into clothes that fitted before I went through menopause. Seems like a nice group of women.

Lyn
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    We will be going to the Newcomers holiday social. I'm supposed to bring an appetizer. Honestly, I would like to bring something along the lines of veggies. I'd like something more than raw veggies, tho. Any ideas (especially if they're easy)?

I just made a triple chocolate cheesecake to take to Jessica's. Now I just leave it in the refrigerator until we're ready to take it up. This has got to be the absolute worst time of the year for me, with all the baking and stuff, I try a bit of this and a bit of that. Can't wait until the holidays are over and I can get back to better eating.

Did an hour of the extremepump class today. Tomorrow I'll do incline intervals on the treadmill, then probably ice the coca cola cake for Jessica, then go play mahjongg.

Jeannie - thanks for the offer to make the baked ziti. I'm not real big on baked ziti, I just thought that it wouldn't be so bad if it had had more cheese or sauce. But everyone cooks differently. I'm the same way -- the food stays on the table until dinner is finished. Regardless of whether it's the salad, cheese, appetizers, whatever. I guess the only thing that I really don't keep on the table is a soup. But like I said....everyone serves differently. I never got the impression that they were hard up for money and so they had to limit the number of meatballs. Personally, I'd be too embarassed to do that. It's just me, but Vince always says that I cook for an army, and I do. But I'd rather have more than enough than run out of food. At these functions, you need to bring your own wine. It's a legal thing, really. Say we were to provide wine, if someone had it and then left our house and got into an accident and was sued, we could wind up losing our house. But if someone brings their own wine and serves themselves, even if they were to leave our house and have an accident, I'd feel badly but legally I'm in the clear.

Mary - have a great trip!

welcome yvonne! Jump right in and tell us more about yourself. Inquiring minds want to know....... You've come to a great place for support

sveltewisher - I remember one Thanksgiving when we lived in the Poconos, while we were having dinner this family of wild turkeys walked across our backyard. I just thought that was so neat on thanksgiving.

Lyn - come on in, there's ALWAYS room for one more. Best of luck to you, I know you can do it.

Here's hoping everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • msh0530
    Options
    Okay, I just realized that I was so sick earlier this month that I never got the birthday list posted. My apologies ~ especially to Kackie! Happy Belated Birthday!
    If anyone wants to be added to this list, just send me a message, and I will add you for the next go-round.

50+ thread Birthdays
    January:
    5 – csally01
    6 – barmbord
    13 - Qpeace
    17 – grabbit97
    25 – zuback55
    28 - genealace
    29 - ritamerlot

February:
    2 – doobiedoo
    7 – 2youngatheart
    7 - jeqrosen
    15 - anotheryearolder
    ? - SuzyQ

March:
    1 – auntiebk
    3 - arborsong
    4 - heartrw
    6 – jeanne3651
    7 - DebKRN
    8 – pmjsmom
    12 – glendaaus
    14 – cj1234cj23
    15 – joylaut
    20 - spaniel60
    21 – cjwil01
    25 – barbiecat
    30 – BirdieM
    31 – wizzywig

April:
    4 – Lyn54
    4 - frogmama
    8 – grandee47
    11 – smelliott
    11 – kel7298
    14 - ildi59
    22 – sceck

May:
    2 – gracete
    2 – janemartin02
    4 – chicletgirl21
    5 – Debma1010
    6 - smwert
    13 – lovediets
    13 - jberberian
    20 – mimi7grands
    23 - debieanne
    25 – jam0525
    25 – wehavethestars
    25 - sissygok
    26 – vickim26
    27 - rjadams
    30 – msh0530

June:
    3 - eotrg
    4 - Caminogirl
    4 - Shirley61
    12 – Ldspill
    13- tiarapants
    23 - goldwingrider
    27 - Donna56
    30 - RebelRenny

July:
    3 - Iojoi
    7 – Lindaj07
    8 – BarbieCat1
    20 - TeresaSavage
    27 – mynyddisamrs
    31 - randylevy

August:
    7 - MacMadame
    18 – bkrbabe57
    24 – cherubcrnp
    27 - corqueen

September:
    2 – Laura80111
    14 – ItsTerriC
    22 - gloriaandison

October:
    3 – shiddelson
    8 - djdreger
    15 – Jolandolfo
    21 - peepocheck
    23 – rjnandjosh

November:
    11 – kackie
    19 - Benson
    30 - SallyCC

December:
    6 – cucoyannie
    24 – frogmama
    30 – caharleygirl
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hello All you great ladies, I am 59 soon to be 60 in Dec! I don't feel it but I sure need to rid myself of 65+ pounds. I just started the Leslie Sansone, walking @ home tapes and I really love them! I defiantly need to move more! What a great thread, the support really helps alot, I'm glad I found this thread! How can I reconnect, I'm still feeling my way around this site. Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving to all!