November Turkey Trot 10 lb Challenge

Options

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Okay so I DID ITTT!!!!! The scale said 299.4 this morning (299.8 yesterday....and yes I do weigh myself everyday I have tried the not weighing myself but for some reason it makes me SUPER anxious not to weigh it helps me...so i do it...)

So I am not "checking in" on here until Friday which is what I normally do, but holy hell I don't want to head back into the 300's...it has been 9 and 1/2 LONG years since I last saw 200's... would it be really naughty of me to take a big salad with me to my SILs house...(she told me to bring what ever as a side dish) and then just make a salad with some turkey meat?! I don't want to be rude but I want to do my best....I can't stand her stuffing and potatoes are Eh? and MIL puts TONS of butter in all the veggies...so I am kind of nervous about it....

Absolutely take your own food! I have some friends that we get together with almost every weekend and they eat...well...not so healthy as I'd like to. I've gotten to the point that if we eat at there house I just bring my own meal. I've talked to them about it and they realize that it's nothing against their food, I just CAN'T eat that kind of stuff right now. You have to do what you need to do for you - don't worry about everyone else!

And way to go on getting under 300!!!! :drinker:
  • Athena413
    Options
    BTW what's this week's mini-challenge? Is it the same as last week's

I think it's on the last post of pg 8 of this thread.
  • jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Agh! So sorry for the late weight post!!! ^.^"" buuuussyy week. Huuu, so disappointed though this month... only 2.4 lbs?! Damn holidays have got me in a rut already. :-( It's hard enough trying to not grab all the delicious cookies and crap that seem like they're EVERYWHERE right now. XD (lol sorry for the dramatism.) But with College finals coming up, I've had no time to work out, just sitting on my butt studying like a mad woman. XD Then when I finally do have time, I'm so pooped I don't even feel like working out. ugh... I can't wait until Christmas break, I bet I'll loose 10 pounds in those 3 weeks I'll be working out so much. XD haha.
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody that is what i am doing I am going to take a spring mix and romaine mix and some craisins, with a raspberry vinaigrette and top it off with some turkey my husband said that sounds like a great idea. and that if anybody makes a comment he will gladly put them in their place :) haha
  • youuluvashh
    youuluvashh Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Idk whats going on with me... Im not losing ANYTHING... but Im not gaining so I guess I should be happy about that!! :(
  • zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody that is what i am doing I am going to take a spring mix and romaine mix and some craisins, with a raspberry vinaigrette and top it off with some turkey my husband said that sounds like a great idea. and that if anybody makes a comment he will gladly put them in their place :) haha

WooHoo! Good for him!
  • Athena413
    Options
    Minor Service Announcement: This is the last monthly challenge I will be doing - at least for a while. I'm participating in a few other challenges both here on MFP and outside MFP and I really need to take this time to focus on my own weight loss right now. I appreciate all of you and wish you all the best.

Now let's finish November strong!! :drinker:
  • youuluvashh
    youuluvashh Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Challange

10/19 -45 Bootcamp = 6.4 // 32 oz
    10/20 - 30 Eliptical = .73 , 45 Pilates = 2.8 // 24 oz
    10/21 - 45 Bootcamp = 6.4, 20 Eliptical = .58 // 50 oz
    10/22 -
    10/23 -
    10/24 -
    10/25 -

Total Miles: 16.9
    Miles Left: 3.1
  • Athena413
    Options
    Turkey Trot challengers - I know that for many of you tomorrow is Thanksgiving - but PLEASE make healthy decisions!! You have a weigh in on Friday...don't sabotage it just because the rest of America is...
  • zumbawhit
    Options
    Minor Service Announcement: This is the last monthly challenge I will be doing - at least for a while. I'm participating in a few other challenges both here on MFP and outside MFP and I really need to take this time to focus on my own weight loss right now. I appreciate all of you and wish you all the best.

Now let's finish November strong!! :drinker:

You go, jrdoty!!! Thank you for putting this together for so long!!! We appreciate all of your support and enthusiasm!!! Now go kick some butt!!!
  • sarahkova
    Options
    Tomorrow is turkey day!! best of luck everybody! Hope everybody does a great job!
  • Athena413
    Options
    Tomorrow is weigh in day! If today was Thanksgiving for you, don't stress too much if the number on the scale is higher than you expected - I guarantee it's the sodium, so it's SUPER important for you to drink LOTS of water in the next few days and flush out that sodium!!!

Final mini-challenge:
    Finish out those 100 miles (or whatever you set your goal at)
    DRINK, DRINK, DRINK!!!! (water!) :drinker:
    Share one NSV (non-scale victory) that you have experienced throughout the month of November
    (no additional nutritional challenge since so many people are crazy busy with the holidays and November ends on Wednesday)

Keep up the good work, everyone!
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Logged in weight and I'm down from last week considerably. But my prior weeks gain of nearly 6pounds was due to sodium and possibly not being very regular. So my loss should not be taken too seriously. But believe me I am glad I was able to get it back down! I was worried when I saw that scale just keep going up each day that week, so glad to see it start going back down this week. I still have about a 1pound gain on me but I'm okay with it.

NSV: I bought a workout shirt last fall from the sales rack without trying it on and when I brought it home it was VERY snug and uncomfortable.....but NOW it fits!!

NSV: I also heard someone say to another girl while I was getting something out of my vehicle, she said...."she's lost some weight - she really looks good" :blushing:
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    My NSV is being able to buy a dress for my work's Christmas night out - no trousers and long top, no "does it cover my knees?", no cardigan to hide my arms. AND I can wear killer heels without my feet hurting!
  • sarahkova
    Options
    I am so sad right now. I did everything right this week. I took a salad to turkey dinner, I had a sliver of apple pie, I had so few appetizers but this morning I was up a little over 3lbs...and crabby...so I pulled out my TOM tracker.. :( yep TOM bloat back over 300 :( and in fact .8 higher then last week...I was so excited yesterday morning knowing it would be impossible to gain 2 lbs from thanksgiving I was wrong I gained 3.8...totally normal for my TOM bloat but GRRRR...
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    My NSV is being able to buy a dress for my work's Christmas night out - no trousers and long top, no "does it cover my knees?", no cardigan to hide my arms. AND I can wear killer heels without my feet hurting!

That is awesome. I love those NSVs.

Well weigh in today and I stayed the same. I guess that is good, but if I want to be down to 235 by the end of the month, I need to bust my butt. I am almost at the 200 miles which was my goal.

I had a couple of NSVs this month. One of the instructors from a water aerobics class that I used to attend had not seen me in about a month as I no longer attend her class. She saw me in the dressing room getting ready to go in the pool to swim lengths and commented that she could not believe how well I am doing and that I look great. She said this in front of all sorts of other women and they chimed in agreement. I felt great. The second one was today when one of the trainers commented that I had not missed a single day at the gym this month. I realized that she was right. I love that I do so many different things at the gym now that I do not get bored and look forward to going.

Have a great day everyone and best of luck for the last 5 days of this challenge. Carla
  • Athena413
    Options
    Carla!! You're so close to 10 lbs!!!!

And congrats to sbeckum91 for already hitting the 10lb mark!!!!

You all are doing awesome - keep it up!!!
  • jilleencaizzi
    jilleencaizzi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This week I stayed the same (that time of the month) but on wed and Thursday I was over on my cal intake first 2 days ever. This was fun and my water intake has increased so much. My NSV is I now where a size 12 bottom and a medium top and have only been on MFP for a little over 50 days. I love this site and the support. I'm gonna stick with my biggest loser challenge that goes till march. Good luck to you all on your journey!!
  • zumbawhit
    Options
    So, my days are totally thrown off with the holiday!!! I forgot to put in my weight and miles yesterday, but I've got them in now!!!
  • kjloiselle
    kjloiselle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    did well this week lost 2.2 lbs this week despite not going to the gym since it is closed for 9 days due to thanksgiving (school gym) so that hurts my miles for the month overall, but i've now got the tools to keep going longer and harder each month on my own.
    My NSV for the month/week is almost fitting into another size smaller jeans (they button but got some major muffin top going on) and fitting into and feeling comfortable and confident in smaller sized clothes.
    The real challenge will be keeping up with the weight loss without acces to a gym for 6 weeks in dec/jan. but i'm determined.
    Thanks for the challenge and congrats to everyone, keep up the good work.