Are you SERIOUS?!?!?! Beging Rant... ( Ladies)

Options
JoJo_fat2fab
JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
So I was at the hair salon and this lady I haven't seem since I was pregnant (baby is 6 months now) said to me " So you gave birth huh, how's the baby, did you do it naturally?" I told her I had an emergency c-section. She look at me straight in my eyes and said "Oh you don't know what being a mother is then. You need to feel the pain"

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?!?!?!

Well I didn't want to be rude because my mommy was there, so I just explained to her what happened. That I wanted to give birth naturally and while I was in labor I started bleeding too much and the doctors needed to get the baby out before it was "too late" . My baby was born at 6:17am and I was in the OR until 12:35PM because the doctors couldn't stop my bleeding and I had ten doctors debating whether or not they were going to remove my uterus. I needed a blood transfusion (4 pints). Thank God I'm alive and well taking care of my baby and husband.

All she said was, " well maybe next time you'll know"

I really wanted to choke her...

**Sorry for the length of the story**

END RANT..

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Giving birth does NOT make you a mommy! Neither does 'feeling the pain' Holy crikey YOu went thru a hell of a lot more pain than me!

See, I am learning to stick up for myself. I know it is a fine line between being mean and not allowing people to make me feel small, but I am trying to find it at 50 years old.

I wish I found it at 20!

Today I would have said to her "I had a baby girl, her name is Snowglobe" and that would have been the end of the convo. You do not owe anyone an explanation of how you gave birth! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr this just makes me angry:angry:

I was 23 when I had my 1st son by c-section. One of my school chums said "Oh you didn't have him naturally, when then you failed"
    My mom was with me and said "OH yeah it would have been so much better to give birth naturally to a DEAD baby!!":mad: "Mind your own business!":explode:

Man I miss my momma:love:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Oh and I am so glad you are ALIVE!!:smooched:
  • BloomingLily
    BloomingLily Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Some times, people can be so stupid. Don't argue with stupid. Just put them on "mute" and move on with life. I'm glad to see Mommy and Baby are alive and well!
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    Options
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yikes, sounds like she has a personality disorder, seriously...at the very least. Glad to know you're doing well!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    That woman has some serious issues to say that to you. What is important is that both you and your little one are alive and healthy. People who act like that woman are ignorant.
    At a later day, you may feel comfortable talking about this with her and letting her know how unconsiderate her comments were so that she doesn't offend or hurt another person.
  • VeggieFace
    Options
    This lady sounds ignorant and not worth your energy. Still, if it makes you feel better, next time you go to that salon if she is there and you're still bothered by this you can go up to her and tell her off now that you've had time to think about it :) Being ignorant doesn't give her the right to be rude to you.
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    Options
    Hopefully it will take 6 more months to see her again lol, but if i see her soon I will definitely say something to her
  • Dreamer1311
    Dreamer1311 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    So I was at the hair salon and this lady I haven't seem since I was pregnant (baby is 6 months now) said to me " So you gave birth huh, how's the baby, did you do it naturally?" I told her I had an emergency c-section. She look at me straight in my eyes and said "Oh you don't know what being a mother is then. You need to feel the pain"

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?!?!?!

Well I didn't want to be rude because my mommy was there, so I just explained to her what happened. That I wanted to give birth naturally and while I was in labor I started bleeding too much and the doctors needed to get the baby out before it was "too late" . My baby was born at 6:17am and I was in the OR until 12:35PM because the doctors couldn't stop my bleeding and I had ten doctors debating whether or not they were going to remove my uterus. I needed a blood transfusion (4 pints). Thank God I'm alive and well taking care of my baby and husband.

All she said was, " well maybe next time you'll know"

I really wanted to choke her...

**Sorry for the length of the story**

END RANT..

HOLY ****! That lady must be out of her f**** mind. Thats terrible what you had to go through! Thank god you and your baby are happy and healthy now! There is truly some ignorant people out there. Words fail me
  • AJay513
    AJay513 Posts: 187
    Options
    WOW!!! Now that's just ridiculous and idiotic!! She has some MAJOR issues. You for you for not snapping cuz I sure as hell would have!
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    It's attitudes like that, that undervalue the sanctity of life. I too am glad your OK. She has a standard she's asking you to affirm (her standard of what a mother is) I feel sorry for her kids. I may not agree with others but I don't think it's my job to push value system on others. This was wrong of her. I wish the common sense police had been around.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i dislike when someone is condecending because you didnt do what they did EXACTLY how they did it. i'm happy you're safe, and that your child is ok. dispite what her (and my mother) being a mother is not about pain.

now excuse me, i have to call my mother and tell her i love her.
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    Options
    i dislike when someone is condecending because you didnt do what they did EXACTLY how they did it. i'm happy you're safe, and that your child is ok. dispite what her (and my mother) being a mother is not about pain.

now excuse me, i have to call my mother and tell her i love her.

Good, tell her everyday!
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I agree that giving birth does not make you a mommy and neither does feeling pain. Some people are just rude, mean, cruel, ect.

Sorry that you had to deal with her. Most women like that are not perfect mother (far from it) and they know they have messed up so they try to get their digs in anywhere they can, you know you are a mommy and only you kow what kind of mommy you are. I had a simular situation that you did but my organs shut down and my blood pressure was through the roof so i had to get a pan block, I also wanted to do it natually so if that doesn't make me a mommy to some people than so be it, but I know what kind of mommy I am so it doesn't really matter what a few women think.
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    There are only two kinds of birth that I know of and both are natural -- vaginal or c-section. It's not how the baby gets here, it's about how you love them after birth. Mine were both vaginal births, my daughter almost 20 hours but not much pain, my son barely three hours and a lot more pain. Both are a blessing from the Lord!
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    This post made me angry and I don't even want kids.

I wish someone would tell my mother she isn't a real mother. I dare them.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it takes more strength you walk away than it actually takes to choke them.

This is one of those times. You are blessed to be alive and have a beautiful baby too. I am sure your baby will grow up with that same kind of strength. Don't let some stupid ignorant comment get you down.

Congrats.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    First off, thankful you're here- and you have a beautiful baby- period.

Your first mistake was to continue the conversation with her- feeling you needed her validation.

Don't argue with a fool.

And the next time you see her, you can use this line:

When YOU have another baby, can I have one of your puppies?
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I am pretty certain that had I been in your position that woman would have ended up injured or terrified of sleeping. There's also a chance I'd have ended up in jail for a bit, but my attorney would get me off serious charges with that whole "crime of passion; temporary insanity" thing.
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    Options
    Thank You everyone!