First Loves

Options
p0pr0cksnc0ke
p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
"Your first love will always have a place in your heart."

Your opinion?

I'll bite.. yes I think that my first love will always have a place in my heart, but the idea of what love was at the time compared to what I know of it now.. its nothing even close to the same level.

discuss.

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    and now the song "Young Love" is stuck in my head. Aw, it was sweet and innocent. I'll always remember him.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I have to agree that they always keep a little, special and innocent piece in your heart.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    Options
    I am thinking its def more of a female thing than male...
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I suppose you are right. I still cringe a little when I see him around town. Chicago is a big place, so I only run into him once every couple years.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

I don't know, unless they are stalkers, I have a few exes that seem to forget that we've moved on....
  • Liquid741
    Options
    i would say im sorry if i ever saw her again...i was pretty much a **** back then. now i make a point to teach my boys the right way to treat someone.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I have to agree that they always keep a little, special and innocent piece in your heart.

Not mine. It was a long relationship (to me) and I wish the worst on the person now.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    He'll probably always have a little place. But mostly because I've wondered for all these years WTF happens. 16 yr old boys shouldn't be allowed to say "I love you" lol
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I guess it would be special, other than the fact that a few months after we broke up he enlisted in the Marines, got with my best friend, broke up with her, and then 6 months later got engaged to some other broad. Weird.

Hm....

Special? Eh. Little memories here and there? Yes.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    Options
    Yeah, I suppose you are right. I still cringe a little when I see him around town. Chicago is a big place, so I only run into him once every couple years.

Luckily same here! I know he lives only a couple miles from where we live, but Saint Louis is big too.
    I am kind of suprised we haven't ran into eachother in over 8 years! We both grew up in the same neighborhood, our parents knew eachother and had mutual friends, we both have a lot of mututal friends and never tried avoiding.. but never happened to run into eachother.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    Options
    He'll probably always have a little place. But mostly because I've wondered for all these years WTF happens. 16 yr old boys shouldn't be allowed to say "I love you" lol

yep... I understand that.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    a memory... nothing more.
  • chatdude
    Options

Not mine. It was a long relationship (to me) and I wish the worst on the person now.

Lol geez.

Sounds like some hard feelings
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    "Your first love will always have a place in your heart."

Your opinion?

I'll bite.. yes I think that my first love will always have a place in my heart, but the idea of what love was at the time compared to what I know of it now.. its nothing even close to the same level.

discuss.

The guy I dated from 10 - 12 years old will always have a special place in my heart :) We've always been friends and still are. He's married with two gorgeous kids, successful, great dad, etc. I'm friends with his wife, the b*tch.

I kid, I kid. They're great.
  • photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    First love? Not really a big deal. We're friends on facebook to "keep in touch" form high school, but don't ever talk. Whenever I actually see a post from him, I always wonder if I should delete him because we really don't have anything in common and haven't spoken for 10 years... I probably will eventually, I just feel guilty about all those "I haven't talked to you in forever, but facebook is made for keeping in touch with people from forever ago" friends.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Not for me.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options

For girls it's love, for guys it's lust. :laugh:
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    It was 4th grade and Mike lent me his pen.... I remember sniffing it and kissing it before returning it. To this day he is still a good friend - but we both agreed I was frkn CREEPY back then!
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    i would say im sorry if i ever saw her again...i was pretty much a **** back then. now i make a point to teach my boys the right way to treat someone.

I love this response!

My first "love" was a doll. He was such a sweet boy and grew up to become a really great guy. We were each other's firsts and I was the horrible one that broke HIS heart.
    I actually cried when I tracked him down after my daughter was born and found out he was married. I even sent him an email apologizing for being sucha lil b!tch back then and congratulating him on his marriage. He emailed me back and thanked me for my apology even.
    They recently just had their first child and a small part of me was sad, again....he was the one that got away for me
  • kimletton11
    kimletton11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    He will always have a place in my heart. Unfortunately though, we are still friends with a lot of the same people and he still talks to a lot of my family members on a regular basis so I hear his name more often than I'd like. He is deployed right now but I imagine when he gets back we will probably hang out with our mutual friends. We are still cordial but not anything close to "good friends".