Friend Requests

Options

Replies

• writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I never understood the point of having to have a msg to be someones friend...I accept everyone until they make me feel awkward then they are gone..I guess Im nice that way..I dont see why its so required ! When I first started here I didnt KNOW IT WAS MANDATORY to send a msg for someone to accept you and help you thru the process...man have things changed !!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE STOP YELLING AT ME. Who said it was mandatory? I just said I don't.

WAIT JUST A COTTON PICKIN' MINIT!!!!! WHO'S YELLING??????!?!??!?!

:laugh: Technically one can not yell on the internet..

YES, BUT WHEN IT'S WRITTEN LIKE THIS IT'S LOUD IN MY HEAD!!!!!!!!! I LIKE WHEN THE VOICES IN MY HEAD SPEAK TO ME SOFTLY!!!!!!

I want a message. Without one I'll let it sit for days while I ponder if I want to add them or not.

lol well that's your problem for interpreting it that way! :wink: The voices are always yelling in my head!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Every time I see people get bothered by caps lock, I think of this:

funny-Internet-fight-Caps-Lock.jpg

And then when I receive friend request's messages in CAPS LOCK ON CRUISE CONTROL, the only thing that comes to mind is, "they must be awesome like Namaste" *click * - accept-.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Every time I see people get bothered by caps lock, I think of this:

funny-Internet-fight-Caps-Lock.jpg

And then when I receive friend request's messages in CAPS LOCK ON CRUISE CONTROL, the only thing that comes to mind is, "they must be awesome like Namaste" *click * - accept-.

hahahahahaha I LOVE THIS!!!! :wink: :drinker:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    At first I didn't require a message but now I do... But I dint get friend requests as much anymore so I don't have much on that. But I do delete people who absolutely don't even say "WTG" or something at least once (especially when they send me the request). And I think I really delete people when they haven't even said at least hi or comment on my workouts or something not ONE time since we've been friends and I always comment and say nice things... Then I go on ahead and delete...
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Jeez.. some of you all take this friend requesting stuff seriously. If they don't send you waht you want or have asked on your profile.. simply don't accept. :bigsmile:

friend-requests-myspace-face-book-internet-computer-angry-ma-demotivational-poster-1263316029.jpg
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    I always add everyone.

But I keep a shank hidden in my top drawer.

:wink:
    [/quote

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!]
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    NO ONE EVER ADDS ME, I WONDER IF MY CAPS ARE TOO ABRASIVE.
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Jeez.. some of you all take this friend requesting stuff seriously. If they don't send you waht you want or have asked on your profile.. simply don't accept. :bigsmile:

friend-requests-myspace-face-book-internet-computer-angry-ma-demotivational-poster-1263316029.jpg

Agreed
  • AylaBean
    AylaBean Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone. If they aren't social I will remove them after a while I suppose. But I use this site for support, and I want to help support others. So I give everyone a chance. I have nothing to hide on here so why not accept them.
    Aylabean's profile is viewable by her friends only.

I love irony. :drinker:

Thats cause she is smart. Unless you like your stuff all over the web.
    Take a moment to read what she wrote, kthx.

Actually I hadn't realized it was set to private... lol
    But either way my statement is still true. You become my "friend" by sending me a friends request and I still have nothing to hide..
  • Commander6666
    Commander6666 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! That is what the profile is for.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Personally, I dont mind. My rule is I never send out friend requests. If you like my posts, add me, otherwise, not really gonna bother me. If your posts/updates annoy me, I will probably hide your posts. Only done that to one person, not saying who though
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    If your posts/updates annoy me, I will probably hide your posts. Only done that to one person, not saying who though
    Can you see this? :laugh:
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    I accept anyone who adds me, purely because they can provide me with support whether they send an initial message or not. However, I do remove people from my friend's list who haven't logged in after a month, unless I know why they are away.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Idc anybody can add me but if you're a jerk or you havent been on over a month I'll delete. I think its rude of how people say "you should explain why we should be friends" uh what makes you so high mighty? Seeing your profile I'm better off finding someone as a friend else who isnt a jerk. And "Oh you havent came on 3-5 days I'll delete you" what type crap is that? You dont know what's going on in that person's life you're suppose to be a friend and encourage and motivate them.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I accept every admirer.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I've been a member here for a pretty good while, and I have about a jillion MFP friends, and it has never once presented me with any sort of a problem. I accept them all and I'm very slow to delete. More is merrier, it's motivating to see what others are doing.

I'll admit I still have folks on my friends list that have been MIA for over a year, and I leave them on there hoping they'll come back and planning to be a friendly face for them if/when they do.

**like**
  • skb32881
    skb32881 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone .. because I'm awesome like that.. I would hate to miss our on a potential awesome friend just because they weren't sure what to say or they picked an ugly picture..

Completely agree!
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I have it on my profile that I won't accept FR's without a message - for the same reason many others have stated - I want *some* sense of who you are and often, even the briefest message will give me some clues. There are some stalkerish/unsafe people around that can and will hack your private information if given the chance; messages help me determine who I feel may be safe or unsafe in a real world context.

But generally speaking, I probably accept 90% of FR's, regardless of message. Frankly, "friending" someone online doesn't mean you're going to ACTUALLY be friends. It's okay to decline; it's okay to delete. We aren't hanging out together at Joey's every Friday night schmoozing over beers about our daily woes or achievements in the rest of our private worlds. Sometimes, actual friendships and romances happen. Sometimes.

If you accept 100% of FR's 100% of the time, you're setting yourself up. If you decline all FR's based on stringent rules, you're missing out. Acceptance balanced with good, common sense seems a good policy for me.

Oh, and getting upset about other's people's choices of operation is just plain silly. No one said we had to all be the same.... or did I miss the memo? Again?
  • AylaBean
    AylaBean Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I accept every admirer.

haha
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    i could not ignore someone....at least not online im not an ahole

Exactly. Its a dieting website for us to ENCOURAGE people, not ignore them because we dont like the way they look or because they didnt think to send a message with thier request.
    Especially to think that either of those things somehow makes them NOT a creeper. Yeah...that's solid logic. :huh:

:laugh:

Hhmmm yea you took way to much out of what I said. Not everybody is a creeper. Thats all everybody ever talks about on this site. Smh... if all ur worried about is creepers then why even be on a social website?!