Level 1 of the 30 day Shred - Open Group

Options

Replies

• jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Day 4, Level 1: For those that said consistency and persistence works, they were right! Today I am way less sore and saw improvements in both my endurance and form. There is still room for improvement, but I AM getting better. Even my knee was less sore today! The 20 minutes is just right for me too as I am busy with finals. Everything about this workout is right on par with my needs right now and I am really excited to see the results. Looking at myself in the mirror today I can see my fat beginning to distribute differently on my body as my muscles become tighter. A promise for what is to come :) Day 5 tomorrow and half way through level one. Lets keep pushing everyone :)
    Day 3, Level 1: I don't know about you guys, but I am READY for a CHANGE!! Woke up today...still sore, but I am taking that as a sign that Jillian is working me good. I just completed Day 3. It seemed to go by a little faster than previous days, which is a good thing. My left knee is a little tender, but I am hoping it strengthens with the rest of me. No stopping now, I need this. Day 4 tomorrow :D

OMG, we're 1 in the same, LOL!!! I'm so ready for a CHANGE! And my left knee is bothering me but I'm going to continue to work it out.
  • jvinmill
    Options
    I know you've seen great results, so I should doubt what you are saying. But 16.9 ounces is only a little over 1 pound! I would be really interested to see what kind of results you would get had you been using 3 to 5 pounds (as recommended).
    You can improvise with the weights, I don't have weights, but I use 2 16.9 ounces of bottled waters for my weights. You can also use big can soups. :)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I know you've seen great results, so I should doubt what you are saying. But 16.9 ounces is only a little over 1 pound! I would be really interested to see what kind of results you would get had you been using 3 to 5 pounds (as recommended).
    You can improvise with the weights, I don't have weights, but I use 2 16.9 ounces of bottled waters for my weights. You can also use big can soups. :)

I know I wish I had weights, I can't afford to get any right now and I know they don't cost much but I just can't do it right now lol. I did put them on my Christmas list...
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Lol I just talked to my mom and she told me that she has a pair of dumbells she will give me next time she sees me that are 3lbs :D WEE!
  • Ms_NewNew
    Ms_NewNew Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello all......I plan to start the 30 Day Shred in the a.m.....Wish me luck.....Im new to this site and would love to find friends to stay encouraged on this journey as I begin without a workout buddy.
  • jvinmill
    Options
    That's awesome! Mom's are great like that :)
    Lol I just talked to my mom and she told me that she has a pair of dumbells she will give me next time she sees me that are 3lbs :D WEE!
  • jvinmill
    Options
    You will find lots of encouragement on MFP. Best of luck and I am adding you now :)
    Hello all......I plan to start the 30 Day Shred in the a.m.....Wish me luck.....Im new to this site and would love to find friends to stay encouraged on this journey as I begin without a workout buddy.
  • rosiebug
    rosiebug Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Welcome to the group! I sent you a friend request. :)

Day 4: I'm not really sore anymore which is awesome! For some reason the workout kinda kicked my butt tonight though, probably because I'm still not feeling 100% better. I'm ready to kick this level's butt and see some results!

Keep up the great work, everyone!
  • rosiebug
    rosiebug Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Awesome! I've been using 3lb weights. For some of the moves they seem a bit light, and then on other moves they feel like they start to weigh a ton!
  • curlygirlcami
    curlygirlcami Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Day 2 Done. It seemed easier than yesterday, but still really hard. Can't wait to see results! :-)
  • califigureeight
    Options
    Day 2 Done. It seemed easier than yesterday, but still really hard. Can't wait to see results! :-)

Same for me! Let's hope that tomorrow is easier :)

Right now I'm thinking of staying at Level 1 for the entire month of December but I'll see what happens.
  • jvinmill
    Options
    30 day shred is amazing!! I am really starting to see changes in myself now. Not to mention my rut is broken and the scale has started to shift again.... perhaps watching my sodium intake yesterday had something to do with it as well. I have a test in a couple of hours, but all I can think about is how excited I am to do today's work out. Body isn't really all that sore any more either, so I am ready!!
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    I'm about to start Level 2 today, I'm drinking another bottle of water before I start, want 32 ounces in my body before I hit it...
  • katherinesnell
    Options
    Welcome to the group! : ) I've sent my friend request now
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    hehe! I did level 2 and let me just say, I'm glad I'm doing this one longer then I did level 1, level 2 is a lot more intense then 1. But for whatever reason, right this moment I want to get up and do it again LOL. I must be crazy.
  • katherinesnell
    Options
    Day 4 DONE

Made it through the workout, and I can definitely feel progress from Day 1, I'm not as out of puff by the end.

Had a healthy diet today, but still amazed at how much sugar creeps in there, think I should be trying to eat more veg rather than fruit, as I guess there is quite a lot of natural sugar in food like strawberries.

See you tomorrow x
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Congrats on making it through Day 4! I personally stopped tracking sugar on this website because I find their limit to be unattainable (for me at least). This as I am sure you can tell has not prevented me from losing weight... maybe it slows it down... I can't really be sure... but, that's just how I feel about it.
    Day 4 DONE

Made it through the workout, and I can definitely feel progress from Day 1, I'm not as out of puff by the end.

Had a healthy diet today, but still amazed at how much sugar creeps in there, think I should be trying to eat more veg rather than fruit, as I guess there is quite a lot of natural sugar in food like strawberries.

See you tomorrow x
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Level 2! You're awesome.... I am nervous for it... but, I still got 5 more days to prep :)
    hehe! I did level 2 and let me just say, I'm glad I'm doing this one longer then I did level 1, level 2 is a lot more intense then 1. But for whatever reason, right this moment I want to get up and do it again LOL. I must be crazy.
  • curlygirlcami
    curlygirlcami Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Just finished Level 1, Day 3. I haven't felt very good today and I wanted to skip it, but I knew I had to do it....so I did it and now I am glad I did it. Wow, this exercising stuff is really more mental than physical I guess. People have said that before to me, but now that I am really pushing myself I see that it's true.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • califigureeight
    Options
    Level 1/Day 3:I did my push ups on the wall and felt much better about them! My next goal is to properly do the crunches and sit ups. Other than that, I'm still winded but it IS getting easier, NOT EASY, EASIER. Also my knee isn't hurting as much :)