December Move Your *kitten* Challenge....

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for December move your *kitten* challenge.....welcome to the newbies, welcome back to the oldies...

Set your goal, make your ticker or add your goal and current miles moved to the thread as often as possible and then get moving starting Thursday 12/1...please do not post any NOVEMBER miles here...dinos will update our NOVEMBER spreadsheet shortly.....only add DECEMBER goals/miles here....welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself....

We started this thread in november 2010 so December will be our 14th month...awesome job to those who have participated from the start: dinos, bluiz13, bigmama65....also those who have been here since almost the start: vhuber, ladypersia, toots99, bri1720....and then we have other who have joined each month since and some drop off after joining....the goal is to set a distance goal KM or Miles and track your distance for the month...you are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the miles can be on a treadmill, the stairmaster, the elliptical, the bike, rollerblades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a goal and do the work...report to the thread often to keep dino updated because he tracks our info on a spreadsheet so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to compete with them.....the idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month...welcome and good luck if you decide to join us...

Replies

• myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi bluiz13,

I'd like to join this challenge if you're accepting newbies. My goal for December would be to walk 24 miles. That would only translate to four walks at 6 miles each. I've had to significantly reduce my walking because of a foot injury, but I know I could get one walk per week in. I do other workouts during the week but they couldn't be tracked mileage wise. If this is okay, please count me in and let me know where I should post my numbers after each walk.

Thanks!
    Jennifer
  • Babs20
    Options
    Im in for the challenge
  • cuatesmom
    cuatesmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    me too! this is totally inspiring--I am setting my goal at 300 miles.

i rode 250 or so miles on my bike and in spin class in Nov so will try to match it (though rain may present a challenge cuz i wont ride in the rain)

i run at least 6 miles per week and will keep that up rain or shine

I'll account for zumba assuming a 4 mile per hour walking pace and based on time spent
    and for SHRED or RIPPED assuming a 3 mph and also based on time spent

i LOVE this idea!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Wooohoooo...Last month for my 2011 goals. Have you met your goals yet? I have moved 1322.70 miles this year-Goal 1400. This group is awesome!! Thank you for the year of cheers. I so needed them! Lets bring 2012 in with a bang!

104.10 out of 140 35.90 left....This month I lost my ticker so many days I forgot to log my miles and I didnt want to make them up. Also for two weeks I was in a slump. I thought I could do it without logging and for me even after a year+ of MFP, I still need to log so I am accountable.

Dec goal 100 miles

As always Thank you Denise and Dinos!!!! You make being fit extremely wonderful:)
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jenergy_20
    Options
    Im in again for the full month this time. Goal 124 miles

Thanks Dinos and Denise!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I am in for 125. Thanks!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm sticking with 75 miles for the month.
  • qwills2cats
    qwills2cats Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am in at 60 miles.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    You can find the challenge progress in a spreadsheet at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?pli=1&key=0As57uSwFQUGJdC1OU0dvNEdQSXpWQzhfYjdTb1plWnc#gid=36

It's the same spreadsheet with the previous months, all the challenge data - historic and current is in there. I suggest you bookmark it for easy reference. It's not editable, you'll have to post your miles in your messages. Don't forget to set a personal goal and remember to post every now and then to keep the thread going.

I set my goal to 200 miles. A little far fetched for December, but I'd like to give it a try.:bigsmile:
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 75 miles again this month!
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I am in again this month. Since I didn't reach my 70 miles for November I guess I will try again for 70 in December and hopefully I will actually do it this time!!

exercise.png
  • bluiz13
    Options
    Hey jennifer....just post to the thread your progress as you complete your activity and dino (our spreadsheet master) will update your miles for the month....feel free to check in and chat with other participants on the thread even if you are not moving but especially when you are moving....i started this thread in nov 2010 and have loved every single month the commitment that people put forth in this challenge.....thanks for joining us in our 14th month....
    denise
    Hi bluiz13,

I'd like to join this challenge if you're accepting newbies. My goal for December would be to walk 24 miles. That would only translate to four walks at 6 miles each. I've had to significantly reduce my walking because of a foot injury, but I know I could get one walk per week in. I do other workouts during the week but they couldn't be tracked mileage wise. If this is okay, please count me in and let me know where I should post my numbers after each walk.

Thanks!
    Jennifer
  • bluiz13
    Options
    hey dino, i'm setting my goal for december at 75.....thanks, denise
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    I am in once again for sure - Thank you bluiz :flowerforyou: and dinos:flowerforyou: for keeping us going.

I did meet my goal for November so.....I will add a few more miles to December's goal.

December's goal - 70 miles:noway: wish me luck.:tongue::laugh:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I'm in again, but just for 100 this time. I'm off over the holidays and the status of my gym membership is questionable after today - I belong to Bally's which is being sold today to LA Fitness, so waiting to learn the fate of my very old, very cheap membership :(

Anyway, hopefully I can kill that target, but am trying to be realistic!
  • cararq
    cararq Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm in again. I love this challenge so much! This will be my third month. I've looked at a few of the other challenges on MFP, but this one is the best by far! So my goal for December stays the same: 70 miles walking and running.

One more thing: Thank you, Bluiz13, for keeping the challenge going, and thank you, Dinos, for updating the spreadsheet so diligently. Best wishes to everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I'm in again for this month. My goal is 75 miles.

Thanks Denise and Dinos!!!
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Yeyy I am back for a second month! I didn't reach my goal last month, but I am going to try again for 50 miles!
  • kathleen2001
    Options
    I think I will go for 50 miles, since I am a newbie to both this group and MFP.