Are you as attractive as you think you are?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    That is an interesting question! I think I am less attractive than other people apparently think I am although I don't think I am chopped liver at all :)
  • Keran24
    Keran24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Oh geez, as I have gotten older, it is quite clear that men no longer look at older women. Fortunately, I still get some look from men and a smile. That makes me feel good. I have to wear baggy, unflattering scrubs at work with a cap to cover my hair. I always wear my glasses to protect my eyes from body fluids. My glasses make me feel particularly unattractive. Add the harsh fluorescent lighting, and I feel pretty much like Ugly Orphan. However, on the weekends and my day off, I look like a babe! As long as I believe that, it really doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.
  • Keran24
    Keran24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Oh geez, as I have gotten older, it is quite clear that men no longer look at older women. Fortunately, I still get some look from men and a smile. That makes me feel good. I have to wear baggy, unflattering scrubs at work with a cap to cover my hair. I always wear my glasses to protect my eyes from body fluids. My glasses make me feel particularly unattractive. Add the harsh fluorescent lighting, and I feel pretty much like Ugly Orphan. However, on the weekends and my day off, I look like a babe! As long as I believe that, it really doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.

As for men no longer looking at older women, I am not so sure this is true. The older I get, the more younger men seem to hit on me. Didn't seem to happen as much when I was younger. I'm not really sure why this is. I think I am reasonably attractive and always try to look my best but I am definitely the oldest and chubbiest I have ever been:)
  • anikab
    anikab Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 and I'm straight up superfly milf.

That opinion would probably have to be adjusted if I balanced it against what other people thought...so I adhere to a pretty strict no-giving-a-damn diet.

This! But I'm 27 :) couldn't have said it better myself!!
  • eyoungone05
    Options
    No I don't think I'm attractive never thougt so, thats y I try so hard to to be attractive. But if and whenever a compliment comes my way, I'm very much appreciative. I know my pix says otherwise but thats just how I feel. Growing up with 3 older brothers I've always been overshadowed so I have to try much hard to get that 1 look lol :) No matter where I go I make sure I dressed up to par cuz I never know who I may run into. lol
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I have never thought of myself as attractive...I don't think I'm pretty and I think people lie when they give me compliments or tell me I'm pretty or sexy...all I see when I look in the mirror is a big belly that makes me look pregnant and a TON of fat rolls...
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I have my days where I think I look good...but I also have days I feel like I look like crap.

I feel like on a scale from 1-10 I'm a 6.5

:smile:
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I'm not a grenade.
  • Maila29
    Options
    i definitely think i'm unattractive fullstop.
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    probably not.
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    i have my on and off days
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    I'm attractive to all the people who think I am. That's good enough for me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think I'm hot and sometimes I think I'm a dud..
  • eyoungone05
    Options
    i definitely think i'm unattractive fullstop.

@Maila I can firmly say ur NOT unattractive and Im sure men on ur friends list wud agree
  • CavewomanCoby
    CavewomanCoby Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I've definitely only just started to think I'm attractive. I've always hid behind the "She's so pretty, if only she lost weight" thing... my whole life. Sure, I like being pretty. But I want to be unconditionally pretty - and what's the point in being pretty if you're going to likely die from obesity-related illnesses at such a young age?

So since I've been losing weight I have noticed a shift - a change in my face, a change in my waist and now people are LOOKING at me. Not looking and saying "shame about the weight".... but looking at me because I'm attractive. Unconditionally.

Now THAT sounds like a convincing argument right? But its an argument I have with myself daily - and the product of a lifelong battle with obesity means I'll probably have the battle for the rest of my days.

But now there's more of them :-)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    When I was at my smallest I was a teenager, 10 years ago, I thought I was ok. I was told I was pretty inside and out but I never seen it. I got married and had kids, and blew up. I did not feel attractive at all. I started to think I was more attractive then before kids, then I was at my biggest, which is true. Now here I am with 54 pounds to go to be prepregnancy weight, and I feel sexier right now then I have felt my entire life.

One thing I've learned is, people will find you attractive if you find yourself attractive. People like confidence but there is a fine line in walking with your head held high being comfortable in your own skin and walking with your nose up to everyone lol. I'm happy with myself but I'm not yet confident enough to say I'm 100% comfortable in my skin. The more I see a drop in my weight the happier and prettier I feel. I also think my face is prettier then it was when I was a teen. I look back at photo's and think I looked horrible. I might have had a cute shape then, but my face, either it was how I did my makeup or something that makes me go eek!
  • knickels1987
    knickels1987 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have my days..
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm satisfied with the way I look. If I'm tired I can look a little zombie-esque, but overall...I wouldn't kick me out of bed.
  • knight_owl
    Options
    I hope not since I really don't think I'm attractive at all.