What is the highest calorie total you've ever seen on MFP?

Options
124»

Replies

• summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Well, my highest since tracking was probably 3200-3300--Thanksgiving Day! I had some GI distress for a couple of days afterward! More than the calories, I think my body was shocked by the increased fat! I'm rather happy that I've lost my tolerance for it...maybe that will discourage a binge in the future. I'm usually shooting for about 1500-1600 calories a day. I probably could maintain at about 1900-2000.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    My diary is public, and I welcome anyone to judge me. I am doing ok on quantity of food, but am still working on quality.

My diary is public so I have some measure of accountability. If I didn't feel like I was being judged, I wouldn't work so hard :-)

So....feel free to judge me!!!

My highest was probably over 3000....before I was on MFP, I am sure I went over 5000 on more than a few occasions.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I hit about 2800 calories once, on my birthday. Cake and ice cream, rich dinner, lunch out with co-workers...yeah, I overdid it that day. But maintenance is between 1800-2100, so I can easily eat that.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I figured out a while back that before MFP I was eating anywhere between 4000 & 6000 a day. :noway: When I was a teenager I was eating even more than that! :explode:

Obviously, not anymore! My highest since being on MFP was around 3000. :mad: Felt like total cr*p afterwards & vowed to never do it again.

Now I try to aim for right around 1500. :heart: Unfortunately, I do go over quite often. :grumble:

Just feel better when I eat better. :bigsmile:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I know people who maintain on 5,000 a day. I know this is a calorie counting site, but I think some people on here tend to get a very unhealthy obsession with the number of calories. Just like some people get an unhealthy obsession with the number on the scale. Low calories does not automatically mean good, and high calories does not automatically mean bad. Just like I'm currently 70 pounds overweight according to BMI, but I'm in a healthy body fat range, and would have to amputate an arm and a leg in order to get to a normal BMI. All numbers are relative.

I maintain on about 3,000 a day, sometimes 4,000 depending on how active I am. I cut at about 2,500. *shrug*

Thank you!! well said :)
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    i normally only eat a lot if I burn it off..so if i ever approach 3,000 cals its because i've burned 4-5,000 cals. Even during the past two weeks with all the temptation i didn't go completely overboard. i LOVE sweet potato pie and it took me 4 days to eat 1 whole one..before I would've eaten 1 in a day.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The highest I logged was about 3600, but I've seen stopped logging on weekends and I'm sure there's been higher.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    10,000, wow! I am actually striving to hit 3000+, mostly raw fruits and veggies :smile:

I think my jaw would give out before I could consume 3000 calories in raw fruits & veggies... unless there was a chocolate fountain involved. :heart:
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    My worst day was nearly 5000 calories!!! It included 10 strawberry daiquiris and ben&jerrys ice cream.... And I loved every minute!!!
  • Fly_Tyn
    Options
    I have done 6000! This was after a triathlon and I ate everything in sight.
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My highest was probably around 3500....thanksgiving, no exercise, and there was LOTS of pie (and other goodies). I couldn't help it, everyone else was eating it around me and I totally caved!! :laugh:
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I think my highest was 2,200.. and I wanted to throw myself off a high bridge.

Shoot... 2200 is a pretty common number for me! I've hit 3500 a few times since joining MFP, but those high intakes are usually limited to when I'm out backpacking or doing a 25 mile bike ride.

I'm netting 2000-2100 every day and losing. If I'm really active I will get up to 2300. I'm not really active overall but steadily increasing. I could easily see hitting over 3000 if I could hike like I used to.

I love the friend who quick logs 20k when he has his cheat meals. :bigsmile:
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Every day was just this big orgy of goodness.. Butterfinger milkshakes, cheese, cheese, cheese, moonpies, pound cakes, mac and cheese, vodka, pizza, fries, ice cream. One day was about 5,000 calories. Balls.

Way to throw this guy out there.... I've done 4000 before. I was bulking, but that was mostly wine.

4,000, mostly in wine cals. I bet that was a FUN day! :drinker:
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    isn't a plate of good ol' buffalo wings around 1,500 cals (at least I heard that). If so...damn, I must have hit some super high days in the past!

wings, pizza, beer....lol. I don't even want to think about that now. :noway:
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Not my proudest moment but it was a fun pig out

pigout-1.jpg
  • therenegadeangel
    therenegadeangel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't follow peoples calorie counts, but as for me, I've always been under 2,000. Sometimes I barely make it to 900 on some days!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I looked back and found one of my pre-weight-loss logs.... and it's somewhere around 6700 calories. Scary, yes, but real.

McDonald's big breakfast: 1010
    Dr. Pepper 250

10 piece chicken nugget and a coke: 1200

6 Crunch Donut Gems: 430
    2 Cups whole milk: 300

Cheesecake Factory Bread: 264
    Butter: 300
    Avocado egg roll appetizer: 960
    1 slice cheesecake: 460
    Cajun pasta: 1210
    2 Strawberry lemonades: 400
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Before MFP, i didnt know what a caloie was lol Naive as i was, we have a all you can eat chinese place not far from here and i know i filled my plate more than 5 times on occations! with not a carrot stick in sight haha

Since i started loggin a couple of month ago i had a seriously crap week, where everything i touched broke, so to end a crappy week, i eat a whole 12 inch pizza (with extra cheese) onion rings and as much fries as i could musta. I logged it all as 1,000,000 calories! lol i bet it wasnt far off though. It made me laugh as it said i would weight 1,950lbs is i ate like that for 5 weeks LOL
  • rose_mortem
    rose_mortem Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    oh gosh... how about the day I ate one and a half pizzas? that's 3000 by itself, plus I inhaled a 2liter of mountain dew, and stuffed my face with chocolate... made myself so sick that day.. probably totaled around 5000cals :noway:
    now I'm around 1300 a day :smile: