Scale Smashers Support (closed thread)

Options

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Im sorry te it looks like its still a maintain- and the wine has been opened. We're still waiting for ppl to post including Faith.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    I'm still in!!!! Happy Thanksgiving friends:flowerforyou:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    It amazez me how much my weight can fluxuate in one day. Yesterday morning I saw 166.4 on the scale and by the time I went to bed it was back up to 171. I will drink lots of water to flush the sodium from my family thanksgiving meal yesterday but really 5 pounds in one meal? oh well.
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Sorry that i havent posted sooner. :(

Hiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankgiving was not good for me. I am up and i mean up like five pounds. I'm not upset but dont want to let you guys down. :(
    I will work my butt off the next couple of days.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Hey Erin, glad you found us:smile:

No eliminations this week so no stress right. I don't want to lose any of our teammates but if that's the worst that comes out of it then it's not so bad. We'll just have to win a challenge that allows us to bring that person back:tongue:

With two Thanksgivings, all the left-overs, and our Civil War football game (Duck vs Beavers) my eating AND drinking has been outta control... However, I have managed to maintain from Thursday evening to now. I think I need to guzzle some serious water and put some effort into working out these next couple of day and I might be able to pull off some sort of loss.

How is everyone else doing?
  • mamaturner
    Options
    I'm in a similar weight boat Kasi! Lol. I saw they were playing the other day and thought of you :bigsmile: PS our Badgers won!!

We had our Packer win (with waaay too many penalties on both sides along with some sick behavior on the Lions side)- I made sausage stuffed mushrooms and baked brie for the game *drool*. Then family dinner that night- lots of leftovers and brunch yesterday.

Side note- I made 2 green casseroles- 1 primal (no grains and no condenced soup) all gone and of course the traditional- only 1 scoop gone lol. Similar with the turkey soup- made the stock and had enough for 2 soups-1 traditional with egg noodles- the other with LOTS of vegetables and spices with a side quinoa- yea the second ones gone already. Lol

I'm also very happy to go from 10 people back 7, not a whole lot but still a big difference!

Oh yea- no Cullens for me either. Lets just say my FIL is a bit of a bully. He has his own business and wants the hubs to work for him. It was either I dont work and the go in during the day OR I work Days he works nights and its the same as back home. So FIL will be paying our bills but if his s*it doesnt take off we're back at square one. LAME!
  • EvaiTryst
    Options
    The Packers game was FRUSTRATING! I think the most frustrating thing was my day insisted on muting the TV and putting on the radio. Packers radio network was like 10 seconds ahead of the tv... or vice versa... but you would hear the play before you'd see it. I wanted to strangle him!!!!

Ah well. :)

My weight is steadily coming back down.
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Erin I feel like such a putz for not knowing your were from WI!!! We lived in West Bend up until the end of October!

I've veen pleasantly surprised at the amount of Packer fans down here in Houston!

I just wish I was able to work out on a regular basis (not just walking). Soon we'll have more of a schedule and my daughter and I can go to the Y!!

Very sad situation right now, my hubs grandpa was taken to the hospital today- they're suspecting a stroke :frown:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Geez Jess... bad news and more bad news. Sorry bout Cullen's, I hope everything works out for you guys. That's scary about your grandpa too. I'm always worried about my grandpa being alone and something happening to him. He was late to Thanksgiving and we were about to drive across town to check on him but he showed up. He went to my house instead of my moms... silly old man:wink:

So, I'm totally ready to get back on track here! I want to loose 10lbs by December 23rd. I just joined Fly the World with Dot so hopefully that will help motivate me to workout more. I really want my husband to come home to a skinnier more healthy wife. I think I can do this.

Erin, do you have any tips for me. I know I've said it a few times but you are such an inspiration to me. When we started this challenge last round you weighed more than me and now you are quite a few pounds smaller than me and just keep losing like a champ! I envy you:flowerforyou:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Umm ladies....Where are ya? I know it's been a tuff week but were gonna get through it... no worries:flowerforyou: :heart: I managed a very small loss but I'm okay with that. I'm sure those of you that gained will have no problem shedding it again. With all the sodium that goes along with Thanksgiving ya'll probably are just holding on the water weight. I know I was but guzzled that water and am feeling much better now. I actually reset all my measurements yesterday to get a sense of starting fresh and it really helped re-motivate me. I'm ready to get into the 140's and It WILL happen before the 23rd! As a matter of fact I want to weigh 145 by that day.... that's my goal and I'm stickin' too it this time damn it!:bigsmile:
  • mamaturner
    Options
    I'm here, I just hate always having my name up for last response lol.

Things are gettin pretty bad over here- hubs grandpa has lung cancer.... wow huh. I guess he's had it before and had part of his right lobe removed... It's been pretty tense here...

Congrats on a loss Kasi- I'd give my right leg for one my gosh I've been a disaster this competition. I'm starting to feel like a big giant failure!
  • losemybabyweight
    losemybabyweight Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hey team -

There is so much going on right now with everyone! Why does this all happen at the holidays?!?

Jessica - I am so sorry to hear about your husbands grandpa.

Congrats Kasi!
  • EvaiTryst
    Options
    kasi, I will get back to you on that. :)
    Lately I feel like a bit of a loser... lol
  • EvaiTryst
    Options
    Kasi, when i was losing weight consistently i was exercising daily... Thirty to 60 minutes daily... At night when i got home from work. I was eating 1200is calories a day. I'm not really sticking to any diet. Fiberone bar from breakfast. Sandwich for lunch and a variety of low cal snacks throughout the day. Dinner really varies. One of the big things for me is for awhile i stopped drinking any alchohol. The last two months i've been STRUGGLING... Between being sick and having problems with my bloodsugar i am frustrated. The four pound gain doesnt help.
    The main thing that i had before was DRIVE and i wasnt going to stop. My husband said i was insane with some of my workouts.
    Most of my workouts are a variety of jillian michaels stuff... Yoga, kenpo, tae kwon do, tai chi... I love my kinect. Especially you shape fitness.
    I Am glad to inspire. :)

So about lack of puncuation and stuff... Inhate bothering with it on my phone. Hubbies claimed the internet for the xbox.
  • EvaiTryst
    Options
    Mamaturner. I hadnt realized you were in wisconsin. Lol
    I guess we are both reallly observant. :)

Go PACK Go!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Jessica, I've been a mess too during this challenge. I think last time I only gained weight like twice. This time I am gaining like every other week. You really have a lot going on though in your life right now so it's understandable. Don't feel like a failure... at least you haven't given up and in my mind you are classified as a fighter!

Erin, You still are losing weight consistantly. Did you notice that out of all the people in this challenge only 3 people loss this week? Your doing just fine. Don't get discouraged:flowerforyou: So, you do alot of workouts through Kinect huh... do they have the same games as Wii? I love the Wii but I'm scared to buy any workout games cause I'm afraid I won't like them. I have Wii Fit and Wii Sport... I love the boxing games! What do you recommend? Or anyone for that matter... I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a piece of *kitten* game, if you have Wii or know of a game Wii has that rocks please let me know:wink:

Robin, Whoot Whoot... Way to lose girl! It was tough this week!
  • EvaiTryst
    Options
    Kasi, I don't have a Wii. My friend Alissa does though. I can ask her or my sister.
    Which by the way, my friend just joined MFP... her username is Shuchan... I know she needs some encouragement. She has told me that I'm her new fitness coach.
    I think most of the Kinect games are just for the Kinect.
    THe Biggest Loser game I think they have on both though. I liked the Kinect Demo.

I went beserk for three days with my eating and well... I paid the price. AH well. :tongue:
  • mamaturner
    Options
    If we lived by ourselves I like Wii Zumba!! And during the holidays theres a lot of skiing competitions lol.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Oooh I should get that one. It looks like fun but I'm not cordinated enough to take an actual class. I tried Yoga at the CourtHouse once and was so embarrassed. All those mirrors surrounding me didn't help the situation at all either :tongue: And Skiing competitions? on the wii? I'm hoping I'll get to do some snowboarding this year. I didn't get to last year at all and was super bummed but we have a trip planned to Sunriver in January and hopeully I can ride Mt Bachelor.
  • mamaturner
    Options
    You'd be surprised Kasi, if you get a good zumba instructor it's so much fun!!

And the competitions are rediculous lol. It happened all Thanksgiving weekend..

Have fun boarding!! I miss my snow... A bit lol. Can't really complain about 70's in December!!