Updated, Exercise, Diet "How I did it" 274lbs to 188 in 5 mo

Options

Replies

• AnthonyScalco
    Options
    Hey bro. I really gotta give it to you. You started about 3 weeks after me and weighted about 40lbs more but in the end you're now about 4 lbs lighter than me. Good stuff! Gotta me a bit motivated! Ima look into the sodium intake thing, I never thought about it.

Thanks man, i'm glad I got you motivated! Yeah, give it a shot and let me know how it goes.
  • Hthfamily
    Hthfamily Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how to change the sodium, carbs and protein in your profile?
  • JonathanMFP
    JonathanMFP Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! Just started MFP, and the 180's seem so far away. But seeing your pics helps me to see that it is definitely possible. I appreciate you sharing your diet and exercise tips, too!

Some questions, though:
    1. How did you come up with the calorie and protein/carb amounts for yourself?
    2. Did these stay the same from when you started till now?
    3. What, if anything, did you do to keep you on track in the months before joining MFP back in October?

Thanks for any additional tips you can offer!
  • pereztech930
    pereztech930 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Awesome! you are an inspiration to us all!
  • AnnaRocks79
    AnnaRocks79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Its a great feeling to see the scale read a number you can actually agree on....you should be very proud of yourself....its not easy, and you are giving alot of people hope and a light at the end of a sweaty tunnel. For that I applaud you for your great work!!! Keep it up, keep strong and don't let anything change, you've worked so hard...keep doing what your doing! ;)
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great! Thank you for sharing! :happy:
  • AnthonyScalco
    Options
    Very inspirational! Just started MFP, and the 180's seem so far away. But seeing your pics helps me to see that it is definitely possible. I appreciate you sharing your diet and exercise tips, too!

Some questions, though:
    1. How did you come up with the calorie and protein/carb amounts for yourself?
    2. Did these stay the same from when you started till now?
    3. What, if anything, did you do to keep you on track in the months before joining MFP back in October?

Thanks for any additional tips you can offer!

Hey, thank you for the positive comments. I appreciate it!

I'll try to answer your questions the best I can.

#1. I've read somewhere a long time ago that the bare minimum amount of calories a male 18+ years old should take in is 1,400. So basically that's how that came along.

#2. The protein, well, my body builder friend told me to keep your protein as high as possible. It's good to eat alot when you're dieting, around 130-150 a day is what he told me. Also, protein keeps you feeling fuller longer because it breaks down slow in your body and it helps you to not lose as much muscle when dieting. The carbs, was honestly just a number I came up with...and it worked.

#3. Before MFP I would just write down all my calories, salt, carbs, etc in a notebook. My girlfriend showed me MFP and made it much easier. :)

Hope I helped.

- Anthony.
  • ashljohnson1989
    Options
    You look GREAT! I love your ADTR shirt by the way :D
  • AnthonyScalco
    Options
    You look GREAT! I love your ADTR shirt by the way :D

Thank you! Yeah I love that shirt :)
  • AnthonyScalco
    Options
    Good night all.
  • AJay513
    AJay513 Posts: 187
    Options
    Great work! Looking good =)
  • Momt18
    Momt18 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! Thanks for being so open about it and helpful.
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC! How inspiring! I added you :)
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    a light at the end of a sweaty tunnel.

haha I love this
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    You look amazing- super super job!! So Inspiring as I have about 90lbs to go.....
  • Dianewantstoloose
    Options
    All I can say is "Wowser"! Your an inspiration!
  • crimcab
    Options
    I did not know that salt could halt your weight loss .. thanks for the advice :-) GOOD JOB & YAH FOR YOU!!!!!
  • AnthonyScalco
    Options
    I did not know that salt could halt your weight loss .. thanks for the advice :-) GOOD JOB & YAH FOR YOU!!!!!

It sure can, you're welcome&thank you!
  • ccpace4
    ccpace4 Posts: 100
    Options
    amazing job!! especially in 5 months that's a lot of dedication
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!