What sparked "I'm going to lose that weight!"

Options

Replies

• babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My lovely little 6 year old who told me " Mommy you're fat". I laughed and said " I know." What she told me hurt but she was HONEST! Next day I started this journey of losing weight. Started week 3 today.

13052988.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I couldn't fit my jeans anymore. Nothing too dramatic.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    When I met a chubby (but healthy) five year old that weighed 55lbs, I finally realized that being 55lbs overweight was a big deal. I was essentially carrying her on me 24/7.
  • castielsangelx
    Options
    My sister telling her boyfriend that I was a fat b*tch. I told her I could lose the weight but she'd never stop being a evil little s**t. So I'm proving a point. Also I was ill for a good while and I realised it was down to my diet. So here I am. :)
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I looked in the mirror.

Muffin top in just underwear, are you serious!!! :sad:

My oldest son reaching up and clutching my stomach flap from having my twins... Ya...that's a big one. :grumble:
  • tenikb02
    tenikb02 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    After the birth of my daughter I lost all of my baby weight and more but I didn't control my eating or maintain my weight. over the next few years I got bigger, and bigger, and bigger until I was 210lbs. I hated pictures, I hated buying clothes, and I wasn't happy with myself at all. I felt myself getting fed up and decided to join a boot camp to help me lose some weight because I was going to be in a wedding. Well, right before I started class, I went to the doctor for a checkup and there she told me that I was at risk of developing diabetes if I didn't lose weight. This disease runs in my family so I knew it wasn't a joke - this was serious. I was 24 and having health issues.That is what sparked my weight loss. I was determined to change and become healthy. Once i started to lose weight I began to sleep better, I had more energy, and I started to love myself again. The journey continues however - I'm still working towards my goal!:happy:
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Last year at this time (Thanksgiving) I felt like *kitten*. I started to try to lose weight on my own. I lost some, went to the Dr's. found out I was diabetic, high choleterol, high bp, high triglycerides. Got on meds, got on mfp.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    +Having to constantly take pills for high blood pressure. Sure, it runs in the family and stuff, but of course, my weight would be a great factor.
    +Being diagnosed with PCOS and being told that I was twice as likely to develop diabetes---and also there would be a chance that I would become infertile.
    +Looking in the mirror and seeing myself at my heaviest (278).
  • wagreen
    wagreen Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The NAKED TRUTH scared me (literally) and I had to make a change. I wanted to be more attractive for my husband even though it doesnt bother him either way. I wanted to inspire people and be a positive role model for coworkers, friends and church members. I wanted to set an example.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    i went on a girls weekend with some girlfriends to chicago. we planned on lots of shopping, but i couldn't fit into anything. i didn't buy myself one thing that weekend. i'd kind of half-a$$ed it before, but after i got back from chicago, i started for real.
  • catfan
    catfan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Our 3 daughters were taking my husband for a ride in a hot air balloon for his birthday and I realized I couldnt go because 1. I was way over the weight limit and 2. Even if they wouldnt have asked my weight I am pretty sure I was to fat to climb in the bucket. Talk about getting my eyes opened!
  • Toxictwist
    Options
    didn't want to be "the over weight cousin" any more, wanted to look good & Feel good, be able to wear the same clothes as my cousins my age & friends.
  • kylexii
    Options
    For me, it wasn't really about the number on the scale. I wanted to prove to myself that I could commit to an exercise program and work hard to look amazing. I've tried and failed the 30 Day Shred multiple times, never getting past level 1. Today, I completed my first level 2 workout. I'm so proud of myself for doing this and I'm incredibly excited to watch my body change and get stronger! I have a whole set of programs set up systematically for me to complete by my 19th birthday. I'm ready to be in the best shape of my life! :smile:
  • alanabancroft
    Options
    Seeing a picture of me in a blue summer dress with my husband that I thought I looked cute in and coming to the conlusion that I still looked pregnant, even though I gave birth 5 months previous. And wanting to fit into my old jeans... Can't afford to buy all new ones. :happy:
  • HeyGrlHey
    Options
    So I started my weight loss journey at the beginning of May at 163lbs. Within 3 days I gained 3 pounds and went up to 166lbs. When I stepped on the scale that day something in me changed. Something told me that this was no longer a concept or idea that can be on the back burner, but this was my life. My one life. My one body. I was only 20 years old - I didn't want to waste it.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    - Gaining 12lbs more than my "must diet, don't want to ever weigh more than X lbs"
    - Hating pictures of myself at family gatherings
    - Seeing a double chin for the first time

I actually tried running first, but wasn't loosing weight. Finally saw a post on another website about this one, decided to give it a try, and have been steadily loosing about 1 lb per week!
  • Adventuretown
    Adventuretown Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    A cancer scare. I realized that i'm not as healthy as I can or should be, and now's a better time than any to change my lifestyle!
  • PinkSouljah
    Options
    Unhappy, out of breath, sore body, moody, nothing fit....need I say more :p
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I had gained weight after pregnancy and saw pictures. I was soo disgusted, that was the point in time I knew I had to change things!
  • going2befit
    Options
    I began to have this thought in my daily life "I would be so much more comfortable in this situation if I were thin". I think the first time I had this thought I was trying on new clothes. Now I have it in almost any and every situation. Even if I'm just sitting around doing nothing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!