30D of Shreddin Thru the Holidays (Open Group - All Levels)

Options
Continuation from "Level 1 of the 30 day Shred - Open Group"
Welcome back everyone and welcome newcomers :) For those that are new coming into this group, I think you will find it to be very supportive and committed. I ask that before starting a new level you take your weight and measurements (if possible), so that you can update the group of your successes after completion. Pictures are welcome too :)

I just finished 8 days of level 1. In the 8 days I spent on level 1 I lost 4 pounds and an inch of my waist and hips (the only spots I measured). Not bad for only 8 days!! I decided I was ready for more of a challenge, so I started Level 2 today (see below).

Day 1, Level 2: So, I got the extra push I was looking for. That was tough! I think it will probably take me 10 days just to get all the moves right. Once again, Jillian made me realize how out of shape I actually am. I definitely had to revert to some of the easier versions of the movement. As tough as that was and as hard as it pushed me I am looking forward to getting the mastery of level 2 that I found with level 1. I hope all the ladies and gents from the previous group are still with me. Lets getter done :)

Replies

• mrsdstarks
    Options
    Lets get er done! I am so motivated and ready to go to level two. Today I completed day 8 of level 1. I will measure and weigh once I have completed day 10. 2 more days to go!!!!
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Well done JV! I'm still finding level 2 challenging but I do feel like I'm making some progress. I'm no longer tripping over my own feet in the second cardio set at least : ) I am on day 3 and today i decided to replace the plank jacks with regular jumping jacks so I could put more effort into plank twists. I worked, I made it through with only one really quick break. I figure my abs need more work than my cardio. I do think it will take me all 10 days on this level though and maybe even more. I'm hoping it is similar to level 1 when once you make it to day 4 things start to click. I'll let you all know tomorrow!

To all the newbies - welcome! It is tough but you can do this. In my 12 days I've lost about 4 lbs and 1 1/2 inches off my waist and 1 inch off my hips. My thighs got a bit bigger (about 1/2 inch) but that is my body and what tends to happen when I work out. My legs definitely feel more muscular so I'm not too stressed. In practical terms, I went down one notch in my belt in just about 7 days of shredding. The scale may not move drastically but i'm definitely noticing a difference in the way my clothes fit.
  • slr622
    slr622 Posts: 31
    Options
    Wow, everyone here rocks! I followed up on our last thread and it sounds like everyone kept up great over the weekend. I, too, managed to get my workouts in! Weekend workouts are definitely the most challenging for me to complete because of family commitments...

Okay, level 2 day six, done! I am totally still having a love/hate relationship with level two. It totally kicks my butt, I'm always sweating buckets, every time I finish a circuit I'm so thankful it's over. But I feel awesome! Accomplishing that workout makes me feel so tough. On day four I moved up to all advanced moves - I didn't think I'd be able to do even one squat thrust or plank jack but I did! Still can't wait to move onto level three and be done with two tho ;)

I wish I could report progress on the scale or with measurements but I didn't get starting stats and honestly, I don't think there has been much change. I think it's just my body, though - I'm sure I will start to really see a change once I do my second round of Shred. Even though there is no evidence of change when I put my jeans on, I totally feel like things are tightening up and a slow change has begun. Oh yeah, when I was putting lotion on after my shower today I did notice my arms looking really toned, so maybe that's the start ;)

Good luck everyone, can't wait to here about more successful workouts!
  • slr622
    slr622 Posts: 31
    Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I'm past half way :blushing:
  • curlygirlcami
    curlygirlcami Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Day 7, Level 1, DONE!

I actually am to a point where I enjoy doing Shred. LOL, I guess that means I should go to the next level. JK, :smile:

Anyway, I am going to do a few more days on this level and then go on to level 2. I fast forwarded through level 2 to get a general idea of what I will be doing. It looks HARD, but GOOD all at the same time. I am going to work on the plank position stuff on my own in the next few days so hopefully I'll be prepared when I go on to Level 2.

The results sound AMAZING so far! Glad to hear it. I don't have my measurements done since I'm not done with the first level yet, but I can say that my pants are getting looser. Can't wait to get into my size 12 jeans. I am really close!

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Just want to say grats on advancing to lvl 2 :) Always best to take it at ones own pace, even when its faster hehe.
  • KaylaKilgore
    KaylaKilgore Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I guess since it says all levels and it's open, then I am welcome also?
    I just completed Day 1 of Level 1 today.. she totally kicked my butt. However, I look forward to it getting easier as I go. I had to take numerous breaks for being out of breath but even with that I still finished the entire work-out session and burned 300 something calories.
    I don't have measurements on hand ATM, but will post them later.
    My SW as of today is 218.
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I will be starting 30ds tonight. I will have to find my measuring tape. I know it's going to kick my butt, it's what I need.
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm so impressed that you can do the advanced moves in level 2! You've inspired me to push myself harder tomorrow. Keep up the great work!

Wow, everyone here rocks! I followed up on our last thread and it sounds like everyone kept up great over the weekend. I, too, managed to get my workouts in! Weekend workouts are definitely the most challenging for me to complete because of family commitments...

Okay, level 2 day six, done! I am totally still having a love/hate relationship with level two. It totally kicks my butt, I'm always sweating buckets, every time I finish a circuit I'm so thankful it's over. But I feel awesome! Accomplishing that workout makes me feel so tough. On day four I moved up to all advanced moves - I didn't think I'd be able to do even one squat thrust or plank jack but I did! Still can't wait to move onto level three and be done with two tho ;)

I wish I could report progress on the scale or with measurements but I didn't get starting stats and honestly, I don't think there has been much change. I think it's just my body, though - I'm sure I will start to really see a change once I do my second round of Shred. Even though there is no evidence of change when I put my jeans on, I totally feel like things are tightening up and a slow change has begun. Oh yeah, when I was putting lotion on after my shower today I did notice my arms looking really toned, so maybe that's the start ;)

• Eeyore255
    Eeyore255 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll! I'm starting 30 DS tonight. There, I said it out loud to everyone, so that means I HAVE to do it! :blushing:
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it tonight! Feel free to add me if you want! I have a trip to Wisconsin to visit family for Christmas and I gotta get in shape!!!
  • evastar
    evastar Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started the shred a while ago, did about 5 days worth but then stopped and haven't done it for a week or so! Need to start all over fresh. NoooOOOOOoooo!
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thanks Julie! I definitely know what you mean about the tripping over your own feet. A couple of times I was thinking to myself, what am I doing and why doesn't it look like that! LOL. I agree that a few more days of this I should have it figured out.
    Well done JV! I'm still finding level 2 challenging but I do feel like I'm making some progress. I'm no longer tripping over my own feet in the second cardio set at least : ) I am on day 3 and today i decided to replace the plank jacks with regular jumping jacks so I could put more effort into plank twists. I worked, I made it through with only one really quick break. I figure my abs need more work than my cardio. I do think it will take me all 10 days on this level though and maybe even more. I'm hoping it is similar to level 1 when once you make it to day 4 things start to click. I'll let you all know tomorrow!

To all the newbies - welcome! It is tough but you can do this. In my 12 days I've lost about 4 lbs and 1 1/2 inches off my waist and 1 inch off my hips. My thighs got a bit bigger (about 1/2 inch) but that is my body and what tends to happen when I work out. My legs definitely feel more muscular so I'm not too stressed. In practical terms, I went down one notch in my belt in just about 7 days of shredding. The scale may not move drastically but i'm definitely noticing a difference in the way my clothes fit.
  • jvinmill
    Options
    I agree! Knowing that others are advancing after a few days makes me feel more confident in my ability to progress.
    I'm so impressed that you can do the advanced moves in level 2! You've inspired me to push myself harder tomorrow. Keep up the great work!

• jvinmill
    Options
    Thanks ice, I appreciate the support :wink:
    Just want to say grats on advancing to lvl 2 :) Always best to take it at ones own pace, even when its faster hehe.
  • jvinmill
    Options
    You are definitely welcome. We have lots of people in this group who are on level 1 and will be for some time. I remember Day 1 as being very tough! And the next couple of days after I was extremely sore! But, it seems by the half way mark through each level everyone starts to see major improvements. You can definitely expect it to get easier.
    I guess since it says all levels and it's open, then I am welcome also?
    I just completed Day 1 of Level 1 today.. she totally kicked my butt. However, I look forward to it getting easier as I go. I had to take numerous breaks for being out of breath but even with that I still finished the entire work-out session and burned 300 something calories.
    I don't have measurements on hand ATM, but will post them later.
    My SW as of today is 218.
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Great job Mrs D. I love your positive attitude and look forward to hearing about your results!
    Lets get er done! I am so motivated and ready to go to level two. Today I completed day 8 of level 1. I will measure and weigh once I have completed day 10. 2 more days to go!!!!
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just started today too! It kicked my butt! I am ready though! :o)
  • AliciaV30
    AliciaV30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ok going to do level one right now for the first time I'll let you know how it goes in a bit. I also added cardio trainer app on my phone to help count the calories not sure how accurate it is but its worth a shot. I searched for 20 min curcit training but couldn't find anything.

Alicia
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Hi Alicia,
    Good luck with the shred! You want to just search for circuit training and then it allows you to enter the time spent training afterwards.