Are you a hugger?

Options

Replies

• kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm a hugger. Usually only trees though.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    No. Please get out of my space.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    No.
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I would hug but I never get the opportunity. My wife is definitely not a hugger.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Never used to be, until I met my wife and had my girls. Didn't like people in my space. Big hugger now though.

Wanna hug it up? C'mere !
  • virginiagirl93
    virginiagirl93 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hugs are my FAVORITE!!! Unless you are a total stranger though lol. My church is full of huggers, so its a good thing I like em!! :D Except I hate goodbye hugs... They make me sad :/
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    No, not at all. Except with my kids--I hug them a lot. But other people I try to avoid at all costs. I really enjoy having my personal space.

My family is not the huggy type at all but my husband's family is very huggy. I just try to grin and bear it but it pains me.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Totally a hugger! Growing up we always have everyone a hug at family gatherings. One when we got there and one when we left. We knew it was time to go when mom would say, "Ok, give everyone hugs and kisses!" The kisses are cheek kisses now that I'm grown but we all still make the rounds every time we see each other. It's exactly like it sounds, a free for all with everyone making sure they've hugged every one else.

I love it. My sister hates it, and so we make sure to give her twice as many. At Thanksgiving this year she wouldn't let me hug her til I promised not to do it hard, and while she was backing away, my brother comes tearing around the corner and grabs her! Stop I jumped in and drug another cousin in, too, while my sister is yelling, "You're killing me!" We call our hugs Roberts Hugs. They're even better than bear hugs.

Stipulations for hugs are loose. With the exception of my sister, I don't hug those who ask not to be, but it doesn't take a lot to be included in the family. Family is not always determined by blood.
  • ladyjade68
    Options
    I'm a hugger for sure! I even hugged my personal trainer last nite - AFTER he tortured me LOL.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'll virtually hug the breath outta ya. (((((Hugs))))) But in RL, please, no touching unless you are making me breakfast the next morning.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm a big-time hugger with my kids. I'll hug my parents and grandparents too, but that's it. I have friends who are huggers and I always HATE it. Its just awkward and uncomfortable....
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I hug my family member, and close friends, I avoid hugging other people.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I'm a respectful hugger...

If you and I are well acquainted, and it seems appropriate, I'll move in kinda slow and ask if you want a hug. If you do, then, well, you will be on my hug list! :happy:

I have a couple of work friends, all my family, my massage therapist, the occasional stranger that asks for a hug (it's happened to me)...
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    We knew it was time to go when mom would say, "Ok, give everyone hugs and kisses!"
    Is this a southern thing? My brothers-in-law (and their wives) do this constantly with their kids. My nephew was visibly uncomfortable with this for years. I felt bad for him. I would whisper to him he doesn't have to hug me if he doesn't want to.

I asked my mom about it. She told me it was a southern thing, as she was raised like that. I asked her why she never, ever made me do it. She told me she used to hate having to hug and kiss all her relatives. She wasn't going to make her child do it. If I wanted to hug and kiss, it should be my choice. Bless her...
  • ChandraO21
    Options
    I like to hug lol it makes me happy! :)
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    NOPE!!! Don't touch me. I give high-fives and *kitten* slaps.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    NOPE!!! Don't touch me. I give high-fives and *kitten* slaps.

I could go for the latter
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I'm a hugger spooner and official foot warmer!
  • ScotsLenny
    ScotsLenny Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    yeppers
  • 13Natty
    Options
    Very interesting question.
    >One of my best friends is a male and he is married and he is a hugger and a kisser. Honestly it creeps me out. I ask him not to do it so he stops for a day then he is at it again it escalates to creepy then I ask him again so on, so on, so on.
    >I hug my mum and dad.
    > My sisters if needing to comfort.
    > I would hug friends if i had not seen them for awhile to show real joy in catching up with them (but only if they were huggers of course).