Senior Golden Sneakers............December

Options

Replies

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Just off for a swim but wanted to post that the group idea sounds a good one to me. From a selfish point of view I don't always find the time to read through all the posts so like the idea of having more subject choice so that I can potter from one to the other as the mood takes me. Of course I will follow you all wherever you go!!
    Right, off out into the cold and wet to brace myself for a dip in the pool. Hopefully the water will be warm but then it should be, it's indoors!!:laugh:

Jackie
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    I like both!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    The new group is just that...a group. Am I right that this is completely separate from this thread? Sounds like a great idea. I am glad that they have started groups at this site.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    So nice to hear from Judy from NZ again. Miss that girl.
    And Jackie dropped by too. What a treat. Jackie # 1 that is.

We woke up to a very cold morning . Got down to nearly freezing and the wind is blowing. Thats make it feels even colder
    Gayla thanks for the report on your trip. Sounds like dave had a wonderful time and you too And another one coming up. How wonderful. Whois going with you. Hope your foot get to feeling better. Is Neil abel to drink liquor now or does he still have to have it
    thicken..

I am still following my plan.on eating. Of course it only been 3 days. Ha Ha!.

Becky. I am not sure what this group stuff is all about.But I sure would hate to see our group spilt up.. But I guess we need to go with the times. I am waiting for further instructions on it. This site is really growing.

Hi Phoebe. This group sounds like a lot like Lighten up. It had dfference threads to go to. I lost their address again But as I remember it had a chic chat, Chalenge group which we were in . recipes , I don't remember what else. Maybe the more I hear about it I may like it. For we do dearly love to chat. I still like to go to their recipes When I had their address. .Nobody posting there but all the threads was still all there.......... I will drop in on some of the groups here to see what it is all about. It may be just the thing.
    luv 'ya guys

Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    :smile: I really don't like change either, but if everyone is for this change of thread then i
    will join too. Thanks Connie for keeping me in the loop. :smile:

Its been very mild weather here. It has been raining since Sunday.
    I know we will get snow someday. Its Canada, eh ! :tongue:
    My bones are aching this morning with all this wet and damp weather.

I am still wrapping gifts, a little each night to get it done. :ohwell:
    My youngest daughter is coming on Friday before catching her plane to
    New York City with her girlfriend for the weekend. She is staying most of the
    day so I am going to put her to work and help me decorate the house. :wink:

Next week I will be babysitting my SIL's dog (black Lab) with health issues.
    She is a sweety but needy and all the hair. :tongue:

>>>>Winter is on my head, but eternal Spring is in my Heat.>>> Victor Hugo
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I had to rename my faverites from Senior Golden Sneakers to Sandy and the group to Connie so I could tell the difference. It needs a difference name. My only complaint.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,123 Member
    Options
    I agree it is a little confusing right now Marie but we are smart seniors and we will get it. I just am not sure where to post about personal stuff and where to vent about things that bother me. And what about when we do talk about our health issues or others in our families, I guess we need lots of different topics in our group. :tongue:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Can't we keep them seperated because a group can only be found on our profile? And don't we have to join it? Where as a thread anyone can respond in and find easily. Yep, this is getting confusing. I would imagine that we can feel better about posting personal things in a group where not anyone can view it.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I found me a great dessert. I used SF jello dry sprinkle on my greek yogurt with some splenda . Make me a great bedtime snack. without fruit. I bought some SF lemon Jello today hoping it will tast like Lemon pie. My have to add a little lemon juice Find out tonight. I just go 2 weeks without fruit

Have a great day.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Becky i do belive that any thing we say on the internet is open to the public. At least I treat it like it does If I don't wont anyone to read it I definite do not post it. No where.
    I am staying with the original Golden Senior Sneakers.
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon seniors

WOW the message board is full and running. I am easy about changes so what ever anyone wants is fine with me, hope I don't get lost looking for it. Make it easy to get to.

So my day today:
    It is 29 degrees outside and snow on the ground., so I made cr of wheat for breakfast and it sure tasted good.

We met our son this morning for coffee and had a nice visit. His divorce stuff is looking better, they are making boundries at this time. ( She goes through all his stuff and phone if he is not home when she gets their to visit the kids, so he talked to her about it).

Then all 3 of us went for a walk at the mall, and I didn't buy anything at the Mall.

Then we went to Wal Mart to pick up phone cards for DH and grandsons for Christmas.

Came home and had soup and sandwich for lunch and a piece of pumpkin brd with pb on it, and green tea made in my new Kureig coffee pot.

By the way I finished my large quilt and have to get it to the quilters. So I am going to start some small projects.

Have a wonderful day.
    Chris
  • jeffrey71
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Been scrambling for work. Staying busy. I am starting to feel a little better (less pain) from the sciatic issue. Not great but better. I may try a light workout in a day or two.

Day and I finished up our Christmas shopping last weekend. It is going to be a quiet holiday for us. I can't believe how much I miss training. I have been bored to death, even to the point that shopping was fun! If I ever post that again just delete me!

The weather has been crappy! Cold and rain with some snow last night and today. YUCK! Not too much else to report on today. Joe the Cat gave me a hairball this morning. So nice to wake up to!

Sandy I like your pics! Still looking good girl!

Marie, glad to be hearing from you! You and I have been on here a long time! Missed ya!

Jeffrey
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Chris, that pumpkin bread would hit the spot, with cream cheese! So glad for your son that things are improving.
    Becky it is still open, not a private,permission type of group. I like it much better coz I can see the birthday,recipe and other threads at a glance.

Marie, hope you will read and post on the group thread as well.

Jeffrey, be careful, you may just flare up again if you start back too soon,maybe just some stretching?

BTW- for anyone reading this thread, there is a new Senior Golden Sneakers GROUP, it is easy to find, click on groups, then scroll down to the group you want and click on it, then click join, and youre in! Hope to see you there
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    OMG! What a lot of posts!!!!! Gayla, thanks for inviting me....was that a hint? :wink: I like the idea of the different topics under one roof. I think it would be easier to keep up with....I have no clue what's going on with everyone.....so sorry!!!

Maddie :heart:
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Both are fine for me too.

Maddie - I don't know what's going on with me, so I certainly can excuse you. LOL

Marie - I wondered if you had snow. I saw a picture in the paper this am of snow in Texas. I thought of you. Hope it warms up for you.

Have a great evening.

Jeri
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Wow, it looks like everyone was kept busy posting here yesterday.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good:heart: : morning Sneakers

No We did not get any snow other than a few sprinkles. But It got cld our first hard reeze. 77 right now. but the lovely sun is out so should warm up some later today.
    . Christmas is fast approaching us

My fiet is coming alone fine.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Jeri and Becky have a wonderful day
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Marie - sure is warmer than here. Brrrr. I can't believe you got your first hard freeze!!!!!

My dh and I were out shopping yesterday. With all the little ones in our family it is quite a chore.

We are off to drive our 5 yr old twins to kindergarten.

Have a great day.

Jeri
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,123 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!! :bigsmile: The sun is shining and it looks so beautiful outside. My cleaning girl is coming today which is good since my step daughter is coming in from California Friday and staying until Sunday night. :ohwell: My 16 year old granddaughter has her first competition with Poms on Sunday which I will probably have to miss since I will have to drive my step daughter to the airport. I should be able to go for her first number but the second isn't until late afternoon as are the awards. My granddaughter understands but I still had to vent about it. :grumble:

I really hope to get those cards done today otherwise Christmas will be over before I get them mailed.:laugh: My MRI went well yesterday, loudest MRI I have ever taken but at least it is done. I go see the back doctor on Thursday to find out the results. My husband results should be at the doctors by the end of the week. I am not anticipating any problems but do hope they can fix this sciatic pain that I have had for a year. Once that is fixed I will think about knee replacement. And yes Marie, Babe can finally drive but still cant walk Daisy for another two weeks.

I do like the pet thread that Barbie started, who doesn't like to hear about everyone's "children"? :laugh: I prefer to do my chit chat on this thread though because most of you know me better here and I can talk about whatever. :tongue:

Have a great day!!
    Sandy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Jeri thanks for sropping in again.

You never can tell aboutTexas weather.
    Let me know when you post a those wonderful Pictures so I can drop
    by the group and have a look But hope you will continue to post them here
    I think the group is a good thing but I don't think it is my cup of tea .....too impersonel.So I will just stay here

sound like you have a wonderful family and a large one at that.
    Have a wonderful time with all of them decoating you house. I love your snow people. Your daughter has a really nice family too.

I will post a picture of My husband homemade Christmas yard art when he sets it up
    Have a wonderful Day