30D of Shreddin Thru the Holidays (Open Group - All Levels)

Options

Replies

• summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today was Day 4 of Level 1 for me. I did strength training with my workout friend yesterday. I was able to do four real push-ups today!! That is a FIRST. I really wanted to do just one, but I found I could keep going!! The cardio today was much, much easier. My quads and hamstrings were already sore from yesterday, so the squats weren't so fun, but the workout was hardest on my shoulders! My upper body is so weak and I did shoulder circuits yesterday.
  • nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm in. I am on day 3 level one.
  • califigureeight
    Options
    (REPOSTED FROM THE OLD GROUP)

Tue 12/06/11 08:29 PM
    Hey Ladies!

I did 30DS last week Sun, Tues and Weds. I was only able to do Circuit 1 on Thursday and Saturday because my knee was killing me. I did it again on Sunday and my knee bothered me all of Monday. I was at work today, wearing my knee brace at work now, and realized that if I continue with the full 30DS that I'm most likely going to aggravate my knee more and cause an injury and forced downtime. SO...I'm going to create routine. I can still do all of the strength moves, the shadowboxing and kickbacks, squat and press so I'm going to modify the routine and still work out until I can do more. I don't care if I have to stay on Level 1 for 3 months, I'm focused on staying dedicated. I'm currently 265 pounds and I KNOW that it's the weight that's holding me back. I was really excited about 30DS and impressed with my Week 1 results so I AM NOT GIVING UP!!!

(and I hope that I can stick around the group although I'm not a "real" shredder...LOL)
  • califigureeight
    Options
    All I can say is I'm shaking lol just finished level one a few mins ago I used my app to count the calories and it says 290 calories burned is that even possible? What does everyone else burn? I couldn't believe how bad I was sweating I'm sure after doing it for a few days I will be able to do it all non stop though but today just kicked my booty. Looking forward to doing it again tomorrow :tongue:

Alicia

I wear a heart rate monitor and my burn averages 300. I'm 5'6 and 265. HTH :)
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats on completing some push ups :)
    Today was Day 4 of Level 1 for me. I did strength training with my workout friend yesterday. I was able to do four real push-ups today!! That is a FIRST. I really wanted to do just one, but I found I could keep going!! The cardio today was much, much easier. My quads and hamstrings were already sore from yesterday, so the squats weren't so fun, but the workout was hardest on my shoulders! My upper body is so weak and I did shoulder circuits yesterday.
  • shortjules
    shortjules Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My heel is starting to feel better toay so keeping the fingers crossed that I willl be able to do day 3 tonight after work. I think taking a rest yesterday was probably a good thing for me. The ibuprofen that the doctor told me to take is a big help I think. I'm going to have to substitute the jumping jack for punches until we figure out what's going on with my foot, but I'll be back at it tonight. Have a good day ladies and don't forget to shred today. :)
  • AliciaV30
    AliciaV30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    So last night was day 2 of level 1 like I posted before and I would just like to say walking even hurts lol let alone trying to sit down. On top of my whole body feeling like this (sorry if tmi) I started my period today too and my cramps are not helping it any. I hope I can get through my workout tonight cause right now I just want to lay here and not move at all.

Alicia
  • Hey all! I am back. Could not exercise regularly due to my damn period. Will be back on track from tomorrow. Hope you are all doing great :):smile::smile:
  • slr622
    slr622 Posts: 31
    Options
    Great job sticking with it, everyone! It is so inspirational to get on here everyday and read about how you are all getting your workouts it, even if you don't feel like it (like I so often feel...) We can do this! And to everyone just starting out and feeling sore, keep doing the workout - exercise actually makes the soreness in your muscles go away faster. So if you want to feel better, do more of what "hurt" you in the first place, lol!

Finished level two, day eight! Tomorrow I am moving on to level three!!! I'll have eight days there before crazy holiday stuff starts. Really hoping to keep up with some workouts during the last two weeks of the month but I'm not going to stress myself out over it.

I wish I had taken stats at the beginning so I could report my progress, but I didn't. However, I hopped on the scale this morning and I'm finally down some weight, just since last week! I was coming to peace with the fact that I may have to stick to Shred for 60 days before I saw a change, based on the way things were going. Instead it's like a switch got flipped and viola! over two pounds disappear! Maybe I'll take measurements today so I can see just what changes after eight days of level three...
  • sbb4406
    Options
    I had to miss yesterday and tonight because of family reasons :( Hopefully I can get some time in tomorrow and Friday and maybe Saturday even though weekends are usually my rest days. It figures the one time I am actually determined to finish this, things keep popping up to set me back. lol
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats on completing some push ups :)

Thank you!! I am really excited over the push-ups. Lol.

Day 5 of Level 1 completed...Now I'm ready to go to bed and it's 6:30!
  • AliciaV30
    Options
    Just finished Day 3 of Level 1 and I have to say again although I could barely move all day long I pulled through today and actually did more of it then I did I have the past 2 days only had to take a couple breaks this time so that was good. I hope I'm not as sore as I was today tomorrow lol. Looking forward to day 4 :happy:
  • AliciaV30
    Options
    Can anyone tell me when the soreness will go away lol?
  • Ms_NewNew
    Ms_NewNew Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Completed L1D3..........Im hanging in there....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE....ONE DAY AT A TIME....
  • curlygirlcami
    curlygirlcami Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Done with Level 1. Looking forwarding to starting Level 2 tomorrow. :-)

Keep up the good work everyone! The rewards will be worth it!
  • rosiebug
    rosiebug Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Awesome, welcome to Level 2!

Just finished Day 2 of Level 2. Whew, I'm exhausted and drenched in sweat. I think I did a little bit better today, but man that is a *tough* workout. My lower abs and arms were killing me on the planks. I think circuit 2 is my personal favorite, just because I can keep up with it the best. Hoping for more improvement and less sore muscles tomorrow!

Hang in there everybody! Keep reminding yourself it's only 30 days, and you'll be shredded by the end!!
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options

Keep up the good work everyone! The rewards will be worth it!

Congratulations on making it to Level 2 - keep up the great work!
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me when the soreness will go away lol?

Usually by Day 4 so you are getting to the end :smile:
  • slr622
    slr622 Posts: 31
    Options
    Keep it up everyone, great job! I keep telling myself that everyday I do my workout is one day closer to wearing my old jeans again.

Level three, day one done! What. A. Workout! If level two is heavy on shoulder work level three is heavy on core/ab work. That's fine, tho, cause that's where I need the most help. I love how each level works your body distinctively different. Anyway, I like level three, it's not easy but I just feel so awesome doing the workout. And, for some reason, it feels like it goes by quicker, not a bad thing :laugh: I started out trying the advanced moves but was feeling pooped out about half way through, so I figured I'd be better off to stick with beginner moves for the first few days.

Happy shredding everyone!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Day 4 of Level 1 tonight. I'm feeling great!