Don't let exercise trick you into overeating

Options

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    CODY - that bathing suit is cute. you said it was Juicy?
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    I think everyone's journey is different and you have to find what works for you in your own time. You can't change others you can only change yourself. :smile:

I am trying to change others, and you cannot stop me, if I change one persons opinion, view point or a lightbulb goes off for one person then yay for me! I'll be a happier person knowing I just didn't sit by putting happy faces at the end of snarky sentences. Opinions ok, nastiness NOT

Yeah but who says your opinions & ideas are the right ones?

There's my word again! SNARKY!!!

hmmmmmmmm topic is now Bathing Suits as I have hijacked this thread.:bigsmile:

FINE FINE....she said snarky. It's my word! I just bought my new bikini the other day. There's a local lady that makes AMAZING bathing suits. By far my favorite.

www.daremebikini.com.

I LOVEEEEE THEM!!!

They are HOT........but not unless I lose another 30 pounds and 20 years:laugh: :laugh:

I'll let you young ens hold that flame:tongue:

Is 30 young still??

please please please please say it is!!!!

oh HELL yeah, 30 is young!! Keep looking sexy my kittens!!

Kittens...grrrrrr, I like that! Can someone please start a 30 something thread! ?
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options

yeah Juicy Couture, I loooves it! I'm so into sexy one pieces lately, I think they are so hot!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options

yeah Juicy Couture, I loooves it! I'm so into sexy one pieces lately, I think they are so hot!

There are definitely some super cute 1 pieces out there. They don't fit me right so I opt for the 2 piece. I LOVE scrunchie butt bottoms. They hide my big butt and make it look nice. :laugh:
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options

there is no logic to it

I have been slammed repeatedly for advocating cleaner foods

just a few minutes ago...all i did was post the ingredients for a food people were goo gooing over and I get a snarky comment

I didnt even add a single word of my own to the manufacturer;s ingredients and I get attittude.

seems people want to be proud that they dont respect their body enough to quit putting junk in it
    like they are a rebel or something

makes no sense at all

Dave, you're getting through to some people! I just got home from the store and I started making sure I read every ingredient in the food that I want to buy. I ended up buying the full calorie/fat cheese slices because of all the added chemical crap in the low fat/fat free!

Thank you for the advice that you give. :flowerforyou:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I'm not commenting on this post anymore, cause some suck azz decided to report me, geeeeesh i'm getting so fed up with this.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    I'm not commenting on this post anymore, cause some suck azz decided to report me, geeeeesh i'm getting so fed up with this.

Really???? :noway: WTF
  • ckroys
    ckroys Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I think everyone's journey is different and you have to find what works for you in your own time. You can't change others you can only change yourself. :smile:

I am trying to change others, and you cannot stop me, if I change one persons opinion, view point or a lightbulb goes off for one person then yay for me! I'll be a happier person knowing I just didn't sit by putting happy faces at the end of snarky sentences. Opinions ok, nastiness NOT

Yeah but who says your opinions & ideas are the right ones?

There's my word again! SNARKY!!!

hmmmmmmmm topic is now Bathing Suits as I have hijacked this thread.:bigsmile:

FINE FINE....she said snarky. It's my word! I just bought my new bikini the other day. There's a local lady that makes AMAZING bathing suits. By far my favorite.

www.daremebikini.com.

I LOVEEEEE THEM!!!

They are HOT........but not unless I lose another 30 pounds and 20 years:laugh: :laugh:

I'll let you young ens hold that flame:tongue:

Is 30 young still??

please please please please say it is!!!!

oh HELL yeah, 30 is young!! Keep looking sexy my kittens!!

Kittens...grrrrrr, I like that! Can someone please start a 30 something thread! ?

Just did - in the motivation section... Maybe I should have called it the 30-Something Kittens Thread? :bigsmile:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    This is my first 'thinner' suit. I went into Wings and asked the Brazilian girl to help me. She said...."You know I will not lie?" with a funny face..........I said that is why I chose you!!

I tried on a few :noway: :grumble: :sick: :frown:

then

:bigsmile: :heart: :love:

She said it is very flattering............but you lose 10 more pound, right??:laugh:

what does it look like?

I am trying to find it! brb
    5309009.jpg
    well well well... hellooooo there!
  • molsongirl
    Options

yup, I hurt someones feelings. boo f***** hoo
    I'm gonna jump on Dave's bandwagon

Welcome to MFP we think it's wonderful that you really want to lose weight, but feel free to eat oreo's and complain about it whenever the urge strikes you, because all you have to do is exercise just a tad bit more and life is grand! good luck! :happy:

I thought I said I wasn't joining in my stupid post any longer :laugh: :ohwell:
  • chinadolly
    chinadolly Posts: 53
    Options

yup, I hurt someones feelings. boo f***** hoo
    I'm gonna jump on Dave's bandwagon

Welcome to MFP we think it's wonderful that you really want to lose weight, but feel free to eat oreo's and complain about it whenever the urge strikes you, because all you have to do is exercise just a tad bit more and life is grand! good luck! :happy:

I thought I said I wasn't joining in my stupid post any longer :laugh: :ohwell:

I wish people could see you for what you are u care about people, it's sad they cant get out of their own bubbles to see that.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    If you construed my comments as being belittling that was not my intent. You made the comment about worshiping my body and I simply told you why I did not. I did not ask for you or anyone else to believe in my God. I simple wanted you to know where I was coming from.

I prefaced all my comments with I as I cannot speak for anyone else. You didn't piss me off and I did not PM you. I do not PM people -I say what I have to say in public forum.

Sometimes words don't come across the way we want them to when they are in the written form. I personally thought your statement was just a criticism of people's eating habits veiled as a question but I am sometimes wrong. And people may construe your comments about food as trying to shove your opinion down their throats. But you are just stating you viewpoint as I am.

Not everyone believes in your god, and I did not tell you that you had to worship it, I said it was a shame that you did not. You can burn off the calories through exercise, what i am getting at is the obsession people have with making this a daily part of their lives, not the occasional binge. I wanted OPINIONS not shove it down my throat holier than thou attitude.....I expect that from my 5 yr old not grown adults. Make your point without belittling others, and I will listen........this one for theones who insist on pm-ing me because ive pissed you off, cmon we are not in grade school, a discussion can be had, and it surprises me how many ten foot people are here behind their keyboards.
  • molsongirl
    Options
    If you construed my comments as being belittling that was not my intent. You made the comment about worshiping my body and I simply told you why I did not. I did not ask for you or anyone else to believe in my God. I prefaced all my comments with I as I cannot speak for anyone else. You didn't piss me off and I did not PM you. I do not PM people -I say what I have to say in public forum.

Sometimes words don't come across they way we want them to when they are in the written form. I personally thought your statement was just a criticism of people's eating habits veiled as a question but I am sometimes wrong.

Not everyone believes in your god, and I did not tell you that you had to worship it, I said it was a shame that you did not. You can burn off the calories through exercise, what i am getting at is the obsession people have with making this a daily part of their lives, not the occasional binge. I wanted OPINIONS not shove it down my throat holier than thou attitude.....I expect that from my 5 yr old not grown adults. Make your point without belittling others, and I will listen........this one for theones who insist on pm-ing me because ive pissed you off, cmon we are not in grade school, a discussion can be had, and it surprises me how many ten foot people are here behind their keyboards.

I didn't say it was you who pm-ed me. I didn't mention names at all.
  • tnkgregg
    tnkgregg Posts: 5
    Options
    hey molsongirl:
    I just read your brief thoughts and I must admit I am new here to myfitnesspal. I actually really appreciated what your saying, because after exercising consistently for over two weeks I can feel hungry after a work out and if I grab something that is not a good choice I am finding out that my body knows this because I am not rebuilding the energy my body needs after working out. I love what I am trying to learn here on this sight about a balanced diet and good and bad carbs.

Maybe you have some helpful hints for me. I am not reaching for the chocolate chip cookie after a work out, I am looking for what types of foods to grab a half an hour after my work out. Honestly, on Saturday I had time for 2 hours in the gym and I loved it, but I got home and within an hour I knew my energy had to be restored. So, I am missing something in my diet. Also, I am doing well eating only about 1000 to 1200 calories a day but I have found I am eating to much protein and not enought carbs and fats on my report that I fill out.

You may not have a ton of time but if you could just send me a couple ideas.

Thanks
  • sassyredgirl
    sassyredgirl Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    All i have to say is do what works best for you. We are all here for the same reason. And for some that have been overweight all of their life, it will take time we did not put the weight on quickly nor will we take it off that way either. We have to learn the right way and that is not something that will come easily, my opinnion slammin others is not the way to get there. The more you read the more you learn. Good luck everyone. :happy:
  • molsongirl
    Options
    All i have to say is do what works best for you. We are all here for the same reason. And for some that have been overweight all of their life, it will take time we did not put the weight on quickly nor will we take it off that way either. We have to learn the right way and that is not something that will come easily, my opinnion slammin others is not the way to get there. The more you read the more you learn. Good luck everyone. :happy:

Thank heavens for reasonable people, who see info for what it is intended for, info. Take what you will from it, maybe nothing, maybe something, whatever, it's only meant to make people think.
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options

Thank heavens for reasonable people, who see info for what it is intended for, info. Take what you will from it, maybe nothing, maybe something, whatever, it's only meant to make people think.

Keep passing along the good advice MG!!! There are plenty of us who are listening and taking it in. :flowerforyou:
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options

Keep passing along the good advice MG!!! There are plenty of us who are listening and taking it in. :flowerforyou:

I agree! Please keep posting, I love everyone's advice even though I may not post too often. I also love yours (and Dave's!) blunt approach to things, it's exactly what I need and blunt things stick in my mind better.

I hope people will just chill soon and stop getting offended about every little thing! We're supposed to be a community here and I think they all need to get it in their heads that you are just trying to help. :flowerforyou:
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    To respond to the original post that started this thread.

I think it's far better for people to exercise to 'earn' those calories, then to sit on their rear in front of the TV eating those calories.

Small changes at a time. Soon enough they'll realize that cake they worked so hard for just isn't worth it, but maybe now isn't their time to realize that. Furthermore there's nothing wrong with challenging peoples ideas but I would hesitate to question their lifestyle as that's getting onto tricky ground.

I don't think 'I'm going to earn these calories' is a bad mindset at all. I think it's the beginning of awareness. I think you're dealing with people who never thought about what kind of calories they were eating and now they're starting to do the math and that's 100% a good thing. No drawback in that!
  • molsongirl
    Options
    I don't agree with you, many people on this site, have been here for quite some time, not everyone is a newbie, still stuck, still on a plateau. The only attempt i'm making is to inform people, they can choose to do what they want with the info, and how or if they want to add it to their lifestyle.