You Let Yourself Go

Options

Replies

• chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I ned to print this off and keep it in my pocket when I need motivation!!!!! Wow
  • 01kaylie02
    Options
    :heart: This is INCREDIBLE!!! You've inspired me, and so many others! You should feel proud of that feat alone! I know you will reach your goals, and you will do it with a BANG!!! Best of luck to you!! :heart:
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    You've inspired me, and so many others! You should feel proud of that feat alone!..

I never thought that my own personal issues would inspire others. I'm so happy that it has though! It makes me wish I was able to do it again. I've gotten so much inspiration from you guys, the least I can do is to try and give a little back.

If I was a good writer I would try and start a blog, maybe help motivate others. But I think this might have been a one time deal, as I was just kind of writing this to myself, as a way to help remind me why I'm doing all this. lol Oh well, once I successfully lose the weight maybe that will be an inspiration to others. I really hope so, there is nothing I would love better than to help other people to do what we are all struggling with right now. It would give a purpose to what I've been through, a reason why I went through it. It would be nice to know that all of this has been for a good reason. :)
  • JDetro22
    Options
    I love this. Friend request on it's way, darling! :-)
  • halfsizeheather
    halfsizeheather Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    this is an amazing post and i can really relate.

thank you. :heart:
  • Theresa0577
    Options
    wow what awesome words!!!!!!

I'm sorry people treated you like that, they treated me like that as well; BUT we are both going forward and know we are BETTER than what our bodies portray. NO ONE knows the situation you went through when they are judging you, and it's NOT right for them to judge on external...It's one of my biggest pet peeves and yet people stare at you when you aren't the "norm" weight, like they have a say in the matter (they don't and never will). But to read this post and hear your positive attitude is amazing, and it's exactly what needed to be said!

So proud of you...Keep up the amazing work on YOU :):)
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Your attitude is amazing! People can be so cruel..But you have the mindset to do it! Thanks for this post!
    Proud of you!!
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm proud of the weight loss so far, but I still have a LONG way to go! lol Sucks losing almost 50 lbs and no one even noticing. :P

Hang in there mate! Your doing great. Well done! We are all Right behind u! :)

I find it helps if you *fake it till you make it*

Right from the start of my 30 kg weight loss 19 months ago I pretended I was already at goal weight & was actually quite cocky haha. Visualization!! It really works... That & breaking the weight loss down into 5kg blocks. I knew I would make it cos in mymind all those months ago when I started I was that mentally tough & ready because I was living the dream already! Literally faking till I made it. 3.5 kg for me to lose now. All the best. & thanks for such an inspirational post!!
  • Fishing4Stars
    Options
    My situation was a little different, but I get it! When I was a little kid, I was so short and skinny the doctors told my mom to feed me high calorie foods like ice cream every day, but I never gained weight. Puberty came along and solved that problem - from the age of twelve I just blew up like a balloon, and had no idea what was going on. Right when kids start getting mean and body conscious. I quit my dance classes because I couldn't stand to be in a leotard in front of a giant mirror in a room full of skinny girls. And of course, nobody actually teaches you as a kid how to handle your weight or fitness in a healthy manner - seriously, what is phys. ed. for? In my school, phys. ed. was for the fit kids to show off and make fun of the fat kids.

But I turned it around and f-ing love that other people are doing it too! It's been 5 years since I went off to college and swore I would figure out how to manage my weight and fitness, now my weight is in the "green" zone on the BMI scale, and I'm going on a 7 day bike trip in the midwest this winter. You can do it! Fat kids getting fit unite!
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I just let something go too....the flood gates....I am bawling here reading this....absolutely amazing!!! Thank you so much for opening your heart and soul to us. This is truly what I needed at this moment in life!!!

Thank you
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    You are inspirational..congratulations on taking charge!!
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    go for it girl :) you can do it :)
  • thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You brought tears to my eyes and a smile on my face. You are awesome and I loved reading this.
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    great post! best of luck! you can do it!! :)
  • 2BaHealthyMommy
    2BaHealthyMommy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    WOW! Talk about an inspiring POST! You are just fantastic. Thanks for writing that and sharing and inspiring me!
  • arykh24
    Options
    Wow! What a great post! Thank you for sharing!
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    beautifully written; thank you for sharing i!
  • Afrochica41
    Afrochica41 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just want to say ... I know how you feel. I'm there now not being able to fit into movie theatre seats because they are tight on my hips. I can't wait to miss those things too! Best of luck:smile:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Lovely.
  • jilljuly
    jilljuly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's really beautiful. I detest that phrase, too. Congratulations on your achievements so far.:flowerforyou: