T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team - Week 13

Options

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    That a girl Nita!!!

LOL Im such a space case!!! I need to pull out my walk away the pounds video and do that today while the little ones are napping!! Thats what I got it for... those days Its hard for me to make it to the gym when I have them. That way if Im just too tired after chasing them all day, at least I know I got my workout in! Thanks for the reminder!! I'll still plan on water aerobics tonight, but if Im just too tired at least I know I have that done. Ahhhhhhhh I can relax now.. :laugh:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Prayerful- How did the marathon go on Sunday??? You still alive and kickin?? :drinker:
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good News! I am caught up! :happy:
    Welcome tonijrn! :smile: :flowerforyou:
    Prayerfulmom - how was the marathon? Hope you did great!
    Indianagrammy - Its wonderful to hear you are seeing results in things like your ankle bracelets. This means your hard work is making a difference! Great job! Hope you had a great night at work! Oh and the bf didn't get to finish tournament. Its a 2 day event and rain came Sunday that cancelled the rest of it.
    Nitag - Go! go! go! (how's that for motivation?) I find whenever I don't feel like working out those are the times I need to go! I feel so much better afterwards!
    Sheila - You daughter is adorable! And by the way you look AWESOME! :happy:
    Lulu - Yes I agree with you. I think my body needs to give me a report daily saying what it needs :laugh: That would be great!

Happy Tuesday Team! :tongue:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Jaime- at 6', I wear talls too. In fact Im afraid that alot of my Capri's that are long on me would be more like Jeans on Adopt4 or the other shorty's in our group :wink: There are a few pairs I am going to save as well, mainly because I spent too much money on them last year. Most of the stuff I bought, I bought small... mainly because I refused to admit that they didnt fit right.. (I shoulda been buying a 20 and refused to go any higher than an 18 LOL) So it hasnt been until just recently that most of my pants and shorts are getting looser. Still wearable for a while, especially since I cant afford to buy a new wardrobe yet. About the only stuff I have to pass on are some stretchy workout pants. 2 capri style and 1 pair of pants. If anyone is interested in those, they are welcome to them. Nothing fancy...but they are functional. I have no elastic or super stretchy pants that are not workout clothes anymore.
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    Wow you ladies are a chatty bunch.....and I love it. Awesome on all your losses and maintaining.

Here is the lowdown. I started a migraine mile 5 and by mile 9 I was absolutely miserable. I finished 13.1 miles which is a half a marathon and my body felt strong. I just knew I'd finish but the head was not willing. It was very emotional for me to put 1,000 miles on my feet in training and not be able to finish it. I had promised my family that that would be my first and last marathon because I consumed tons of hours training. So I am now at peace with it. I'm a prayer and I prayed that I would be stopped if I was going to do damage to my health and I just believe it was an answer to prayer. My longest run accomplishment was 20 miles and that is nothing to be ashamed of.

Now I'm ready to regroup. Start weighing in again on Fridays. Exercise to lose weight instead of eat for sports performance. Will be exercising 6 days a week still but not as many hours and with activities my family enjoys to do like cycling and swimming. I'll have to do early morning runs because no one likes those. I expect to see a good loss this week then my goal is .5-1 lb a week which is healthy for my health condiiton.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    WTG Prayerful!!! I'm so proud of you for all the work you put into this and the great accomplishment you did! It's so totally awesome!!! YGG!!!

nita, glad you're back in exercising. I understand about the funk and not wanting to move. I can't imagine having to move repeatedly for work. That's very stressful. But you're doing great at not giving up and not overeating (77 is NOTHING) and you rock!!

jamie, we're all waiting to hear how you change things and what happens... I know it will be a few weeks, but it's like, what's the magic trick for jamie??

toni- welcome! I did the WW points (no meetings, just bought the book and the cookbooks and the little calculator) and lost 25 pounds that way, walked with a neighbor. Then I hit a plateau and didn't know what to do, was there for 6 mos, then gave up. Gained a little of it back and it's been a few years before I found this site. Now I know why I plateaued, and what to do about it when it happens again. I think it was a great system for us (hubby and me) especially with the cookbooks, it's good food and easy recipes... WW may be a suport group, accountability, etc. but they don't seem to give you as much information as I learned on here (friend went to meetings, etc. so she reported back to me). Nothing wrong with using all the tools you can find, as long as they don't conflict!

We're missing some people posting this week, aren't we? I need to make a list and see who's dropped off...
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I do not post much in this thread anymore, because there is too many people chatting now, and I cannot keep up. Oh well, I will still say hi randomly. Everyone is welcome to PM me, or add me as a friend (if I am not already).

Great job prayerful on the run! It is always best to stop before you are injured, even if it is before you wanted to. I learned that the hard way:smile:
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! Not sure how the weather is in your parts of the world, but here in TN, it's crappy :sad: We've had rain almost non-stop for over a week now, and today is supposed to be the only day without rain for the next week. Unfortunately, it IS raining, so who knows! LOL

Thank you all for posting the helpful information, espeically you LI4G...I have a hard time figuring out how many calories I should be eating each day, to take into consideration my exercising. I always heard contradictory statements, but what you posted finally makes sense to me!

As for the Traveling Pants, Lord, mine are so big, I doubt anyone is going to be losing weight to fit into them...but I've got a closet full of stuff I can't wear, and by the time I can, I'll want new stuff :bigsmile: So, if anyone's interested, I'll check out the sizes. I'm pretty sure they're the 16-18 range, from stylish stuff to dress clothes, so just let me know!

I have my appointment this afternoon, so hopefully I'll have some good news soon!
    OH, and welcome to the new people! :drinker:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Morning gang!

I am sitting here waiting for the appliance repair guy to show up, cuz my dryer just quietly stopped running yesterday. My washer has been hopping around the room for a while, so it likely needds new bearings. :grumble: :grumble: I feel like I can't start my workout, cuz he is bound to interrupt it. :grumble: :grumble: All in all, I am in a quasi :grumble: mood, which isn't like me. However, I will prolly be over it in a minute. Shoulder is a lot better this morning, but I will still baby it during exercise. Maybe do the motions without the weights.

Everyone sounds good. chanty, we'll miss you, and I hope you will still stop by often.

Gotta go, think the repair guy is pulling up!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Dwray, I could totally use the 16-18 size casual or dress shirts. Thats pretty much the size Im in right now. I have alot of 18-20's to pass on to Adopt4, but cant until I can get more shirts that fit. So, whatever ya dont want... send it on over. Even jeans, If I cant use it, I can pass it to adopt4. One of us is bound to put it to use eventually. :laugh:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Prayerful-

Wow, sucks about the migraine but I am just in awe about all the miles. That is sooooooo cool!!
    I did week 4, day 1 of the c-2-5-k yesterday and it felt great. The trainer at the gym was like "So when you doing your 5k?" I was like...."ummmmmmmmmmm i dunno" Never really started this to do one, just to get in better shape and be able to run. Now my daughter is harassing me also. Wants me to run a 5k with her this summer. Well, not "with" her...shes wayyy faster than me and would be going for speed and time so Id be on my own. Of course... 3.2 miles is pretty scrawny next to your 13!!! :laugh:

Congratulations on finishing 1/2 of it. You are such an inspiration!!!
  • AJWaddlesOn
    AJWaddlesOn Posts: 39
    Options
    Runners and woggers~ I am so inspired by you! One of my LONG term goals is to someday run a 5K - now I'm just hoping to walk one. I have a physical memory of when I was a freshman in high school and experienced my one and only runner's high!! What a feeling!:love: Oh to be there again!

Congrats Prayerful! What an amazing experience.

LI4G- You should totally do a 5K and tell us all about it!! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! (no pressure:tongue: )
  • AJWaddlesOn
    Options
    Hi

I'm new to this site, just joined on Sunday, and have journaled for 2 days now, and walked for 30 minutes.
    I have a long way to go 93 lbs, but I'm going to look at the small successes.
    I'd like to join this team, however I weigh in at WW on Sat. I question if I'm going to continue with that though as I've never been happy with the points and that it doesn't really give you nutritional info like this site does.

If I choose to stay with WW weigh in's, I'll post my Sat weight for the following Fri.

Thanks for your helpful tips, and encouragement with this team

Welcome Toni! Took a peek at your profile and saw you were a nurse. Me too! Did work NICU but now own my own Pediatric telephone triage service. You will love it here. I do and I have only been here 2 weeks!
  • AJWaddlesOn
    Options
    I have my appointment this afternoon, so hopefully I'll have some good news soon!

D~ Sending good thoughts your way for your appt! Keep us posted!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    LI4G- You should totally do a 5K and tell us all about it!! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! (no pressure:tongue: )

Well Im hoping to. I just have to finish this couch-2-5K first. If I can make it through this, then I will definitely do one this summer with the daughter. Im about 1/2 way now and each week it gets harder and harder.

Last week the intervals looked like this:
    5 minutes walking
    3 minutes running
    90 seconds walking
    90 seconds running
    3 minutes walking
    3 minutes running
    90 seconds walking
    90 seconds running
    4 minute cool down

This week it was the same cept instead of 3 minute runs, it was 5 minute runs and I was scared! What happened to 4 minutes?? LOL!! After the first 5 minute run, I was looking at the interval times on my ipod and was like "oh..its over? I can do this!!" then after the last run of the interval my thighs were burning and I was VERY happy it was over with! :laugh: took a break and did 15 minutes on the elliptical to reach my workout goal (1000) for calories according to my HRM. Its amazing how easy that elliptical is after a hard wog!

At anyrate, Im gonna take it slow and see where I am at. I may have to repeat a few of the weeks as I get a bit further so Im giving myself more than the 9 weeks if necessary. If I do make it in the 9 weeks, I'll be done by June 12th, so I may take it slow just to get through it, then work on speed. We'll see :wink:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Ok, checking in my exercise for today....

1/2 hour on the treadmill and 1 hour of water aerobics. The water aerobics tonight was realllly good. Lots of stretching using the noodles in the pool. Gonna have to remember those! It felt terrific.

Sat in the Jacuzzi for about 10 minutes. One of the girls in there asked me what I am doing. She said she remembered me from a while ago and that she could tell Id dropped some weight. I told her exactly this...

"Go to myfitnesspal.com and sign up. Its free and they will set you up with a free profile to lose weight. Just eat good, log your food and workout 3-5 times a week. Do the water aerobics on your off days to relax...."

She said she is doing weigh watchers also, but said she would check it out..

Oh... then... I explained the....

FunnyAnimalsCowlolfunny.gif
    "Drink Chocolate Milk!"

24.gif

Kristi, you shoot this cow and I'll have to sick coojo on you....

Cow-1-1.jpg
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    LOL at your chocolate milk and Kristi's attack.
    I think you should do a 5K. Its a great challenge. You'll get hooked.

AJ- I love walking best. I can do it anywhere without changing (maybe shoes). Walking those races and challenging yourself is a great reward.

Off to lala land.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Ok, checking in my exercise for today....

1/2 hour on the treadmill and 1 hour of water aerobics. The water aerobics tonight was realllly good. Lots of stretching using the noodles in the pool. Gonna have to remember those! It felt terrific.

Sat in the Jacuzzi for about 10 minutes. One of the girls in there asked me what I am doing. She said she remembered me from a while ago and that she could tell Id dropped some weight. I told her exactly this...

"Go to myfitnesspal.com and sign up. Its free and they will set you up with a free profile to lose weight. Just eat good, log your food and workout 3-5 times a week. Do the water aerobics on your off days to relax...."

She said she is doing weigh watchers also, but said she would check it out..

Oh... then... I explained the....

FunnyAnimalsCowlolfunny.gif
    "Drink Chocolate Milk!"

24.gif

Kristi, you shoot this cow and I'll have to sick coojo on you....

Cow-1-1.jpg

Just when I thought it was safe to go out in the pasture....... :noway: :laugh:
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: Hurray to all the woggers and exercisers today.

Anita - way to go for getting back on the treadmill so to speak!

:bigsmile: prayerfulmom - thanks for sharing your stories with us. I would never have the courage to join a 5k run but now I am seriously thinking about it. (it's ok to do it alone but embarrassing to wog with other people).

Did my usual 60 minutes on the bike path. It was a beautiful day finally ( after several rainy cold ones).
    Stayed under my calories for the second day in a row. I've been going over way too much lately.
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    That a girl Nita!!!

LOL Im such a space case!!! I need to pull out my walk away the pounds video and do that today while the little ones are napping!! Thats what I got it for... those days Its hard for me to make it to the gym when I have them. That way if Im just too tired after chasing them all day, at least I know I got my workout in! Thanks for the reminder!! I'll still plan on water aerobics tonight, but if Im just too tired at least I know I have that done. Ahhhhhhhh I can relax now.. :laugh:

Li4g - I can identify with your situation - I recently started babysitting and can only work out after supper. Uggg. After 3 weeks I'm starting to like it. I eat smaller suppers too! :drinker: