What do you get on your subway?

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I get 6" flatbread, oven roasted chicken breast, pepper jack cheese, pepperoncini, green pepper, purple onion, lettuce, tomato, avocado and spinach if available, little bit of sweet onion sauce. Ends up just over 400 calories, not bad and VERY filling.
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Italian BMT, oil & vinegar, oregano, salt & pepper, and as many veggies as I can fit on top :)
  • sheltielover
    sheltielover Posts: 135 Member
    i get the kids meal! that way its smaller- like 4".
    i get the tuna w/ no cheese, lettuce, tomato, extra pickle, extra banana pepper

so yummy!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 810 Member
    I get a 6" Oven Roasted Chicken on a flatbread with lettuce, Green Peppers, Banana Peppers, Tomato Slices and just a bit of hot sauce. It's only 350 calories and 8 grams of fat. I skip the cheese to save myself on wasted calories, can't really taste it anyways. It's easier to taste the rest of the sandwich if you get a flatbread over the roll.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    i eat subway most days. a couple of my faves :

diced chicken on flatbread w/ onions, tomatoes, pickles or banana peppers, and barbecue sauce.

rb flatbread w/ veggies and honey mustard

six inch turkey w/ light mayo on italian herbs and cheese.

steak on wheat w/ veggies / honey mustard

blt on wheat w/ honey mustard

i skip the cheese because you can't really taste it, so it's not worth the calories.
  • Footlong honey oat (2 meals for me), oven roasted chicken, no cheese, cucumbers, spinach, bell peppers, tomatoes, honey mustard, and light mayo
  • BassesGirl
    BassesGirl Posts: 76 Member
    I get the toasted flatbread 6 in. with roasted chicken breast, lettuce, spinach, tomato, swiss cheese, and honey mustard :)
  • ngcgurl03
    ngcgurl03 Posts: 207 Member
    I get a 6" veggie delight on wheat with lettuce pickles olives greenpeppers oil vinegar salt and pepper and a little mustard
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    hot peppers
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    Turkey & ham on 9 grain whole wheat with swiss,lettuce,tomato,green pepper, onion, pepper lite mayo & sweet onion
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    It depends. My favorite sub isn't healthy at all, but it's so good! Chicken, bacon & ranch (toasted) 6" on Italian herb and cheese. Shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato, extra ranch, and some of the chipotle southwest sauce! can't beat it!

My healthy choice is a 6" roast beef on wheat (not toasted), provolone, lettuce, tomato, and light mayo.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    I don't touch Subway bread. It's bad stuff. Their wheat and whole grain breads are not whole wheat. And their whole grain breads contain more HFCS than whole grain.

And breads shoot my blood sugar higher than something sugary. What's really interesting is that whole grain bread shoots my blood sugar as high and non-whole grain breads. (So in my body white and whole grain breads do the exact same thing).

http://www.shapefit.com/diet/subway-healthy-fast-food.htm
    http://webecoist.momtastic.com/2009/05/08/10-weird-and-gross-ingredients-in-processed-food/ (Subway bread) is first on the this list.

So you're on here to knock the question. That's awesome because not everyone is YOU.

Subway is tasty for me! And my vody does wig out like yours...

Roast Beef, Mustard, Spinach, onions, jalapenoes, pickles, green peppers, PeperJack cheese, on Wheat. Toasted for the Melted effect.
  • 6" veggie patty on wheat with cheddar, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, red onion w/ italian dressing. So good!
  • Happyhealthyliz90
    Happyhealthyliz90 Posts: 63 Member
    I get my fav sub as a salad way less cals then with the bread and still the yummy taste:flowerforyou:
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Had Subway today actually. I always get 6" Roast beef on wheat with Provolone, lettuce, pickles, banana peppers, black olives,hot pepper relish and a teeny amount of lite mayo.
    For the first time today I used their website to get an accurate count of calories. I think it was 410. From now on I'm going to get it without cheese bc I'm not sure I can taste it anyway and I'll reconsider mayo. I barely have mayo on there to begin with so I think I'll just do without.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    Hmmm, depends on my mood really.

Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki, 6", Wheat, Toasted, Tomato, Bell Pepper, Spinach, and Cucumber.

or

Turkey and Ham (or Club), 6", Wheat, Pepper Jack Cheese, Toasted, Spinach, Tomato, Bell Pepper, Cucumber, Banana Peppers, Mustard, and some Vinegar.

And I usually get apples for a side.
  • i get a 6" whole wheat with turkey lettuce and tomato, i very rarely get mayo
  • WoWmamaErin
    WoWmamaErin Posts: 148 Member
    Everyone thinks I'm pregnant or just crazy when I order my sub at Subway...

6" meatball on one of the cheese breads
    extra cheese, tomatos, little bit of lettuce, green peppers, lots of pickles, extra mayo & pepper.

Yummy! Need to have one of those in the new year for a really good treat!
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 423 Member
    Turkey on 9 grain wheat.. (but only eat half the bread just because I'm not much of a bread person!) sometimes pepperjack cheese and sometimes I skip the cheese, lettuce, cucumbers, olives, banana peppers, onions, salt and pepper! Then close my eyes really tight when it's time to pay and I have to stand by those WONDERFUL white chocolate macadamia nut cookies!! :P
  • jewel6018
    jewel6018 Posts: 210 Member
    I should not have read this post. LOL Now I am craving a subway grinder. I usually get ham, bmt or tuna with no cheese, most of the veggies and no dressing. I am getting myself one tomorrow.