Diet Food Obsession - What's yours?

Options

Replies

• LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to an allrecipes recipe for Kale chips..... http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-kale-chips/ (I didn't use parchment paper but mine could have used less oil but maybe I didn't use enough Kale??? Oh and just a tip.... they will soak up salt like crazy so if you salt, salt lightly... :-)

but raw kale is soooooo delish!
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with oatmeal. It is odd. I hated it as a child, but I love it now. It is healthy, has antioxidants, protein, its filling, relatively low calorie, blah blah blah, I could go on forever.
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Protein smoothie, especially when I wake up, I crave it.

In the Blender:
    Protein powder - Chocolate
    raw egg
    unsweetened coconut milk
    hershey's special dark cocoa
    Almond butter
    Udo's Blend Omega 3-6-9
    Ice
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, so filling and only 150 calories for 1 serving. I add some cinnamon and a teaspoon of peanut butter to mine. Yumm!!!
  • floweringcurrant
    floweringcurrant Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If by "diet food" you mean low-cal/reduced fat then "none".

I like real food and I am generally obsessed with all food in all its deliciousness.

Yep, same :)
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Yumnuts - toasted coconut (I purchase them off Amazon and don't know where else carries them) AND peeled snacks - mango (they carry them at Starbucks or on Amazon)! Both are soooo yummy, but I usually go to yumnuts when I need to fill up calories and the peeled snacks are just my everyday snack ;)
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, so filling and only 150 calories for 1 serving. I add some cinnamon and a teaspoon of peanut butter to mine. Yumm!!!

I've never added peanut butter. I will have to try that.
  • jenyak
    jenyak Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, Crystal Light pink lemonade, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

I've never added peanut butter. I will have to try that.

And if you have calories to spare, add half a mashed banana or half a chopped apple as well - it adds natural sweetness, so there is no need for sugar or sweeteners.
  • changjenn
    Options
    Arctic Zero ice cream replacement and Skinny Cow Dark Chocolate Dreamy Clusters!!
  • ohnogogo
    ohnogogo Posts: 110 Member
    Options

Yuck! I hate better n peanut butter! It tastes so fake! I can't believe no one here has said PB2 or even better chocolate PB2!!! Now that stuff is the best! 45 cals for 2 tablespoons and soooo good!!!

That is too bad you think it tastes fake since it has nothing fake in it. To each his own. I have had PB2 in the past and don't remember much about it that left an impression either way.

I just didn't like the texture of better n peanut butter. It was a bit more sticky than thick and creamy to me. But if it works for you then cool!

LOL, you are right it is sticky! I have sworn at many a knife that I didn't rinse off right away LOL!
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero ice cream replacement and Skinny Cow Dark Chocolate Dreamy Clusters!!

the arctic zero ice cream is almost too good to be true, i love it!
  • seaponie
    seaponie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, Peach Cobbler flavor

I'm so glad other people know about that flavor! That is my all-time favorite :D When I lived in Connecticut, I could rarely find that flavor. But when I moved to Ohio last month, I keeled over when I saw that practically every grocery store carries it. It's like stumbling upon the Bovine Treat Holy Land! ^_^

How the heck is this a diet food???

I guess it depends on your definition of a diet... it doesn't have to mean it's calorie free, but that you do have to watch the portion size and count the cals.

for a HALF A CUP (do you know how small that is?) it's 220 cals, 11 grams of fat, and 26 grams of sugar. it's a once in awhile treat, not part of a diet.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    for a HALF A CUP (do you know how small that is?) it's 220 cals, 11 grams of fat, and 26 grams of sugar. it's a once in awhile treat, not part of a diet.

False, if you have room in your daily calorie allotment, it CAN be an everyday thing. Some of the people on here eat B&J every day and still look fantastic.
  • Leaker12
    Options
    oatmeal with raspberries
  • oftheearth
    oftheearth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I guess Sea Snax/dried seaweed.
    It is very low calorie, but has NO nutritional value, and is EXPENSIVE!
    I try not to buy it often.
    But it's so tasty....!
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Dr McDougle's Big Bowl Hot and Sour Organic Ramen.

With a little bit of Tamari in it.

Freaking delicious. Filling enough for a meal, @ 170 calories can be a snack!

6921816.png

have you tried the spring veggie soup? OMG! If it weren' such a trek to get it I'd eat Dr. McDougle's soup cups every day!
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I also LOVE Silk chocolate and vanilla soy milk :)
  • daisydog101
    daisydog101 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Aitkens caramel nut chew bars... Just like a snickers!! But only 144 calories and plenty of protein
  • tassles
    tassles Posts: 172
    Options
    skinny cow to end my day!!!