WORST Christmas songs...

Options

Replies

• cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Trans-Siberian Orchestra: Old City Bar.

I HATE that song. It's so bad that it's now become a tradition in our house to listen to it and make fun of the guy singing.

OMG!!!! This is the song that brings me to tears during their concerts! If you haven't seen them live then no, you won't get it.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Anything that Mariah Carey, Beyonce, or Christina Aguilera butchers makes my "Worst Christmas songs" list, as well.
    [/quote]

Agree!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Right now? I HATE ALL OF THEM.

They've been playing them all since Halloween at work.

Kill the Christmas music.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Have I missed it?? Has NO ONE said Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is You"?

That song makes me want to kick a puppy. No, not really, but seriously.... her squeal singing makes me want to jab qtips in my ears as far as they can go.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    ANYTHING by Cliff chuffin Richards.:mad: :sick:
  • huck23
    huck23 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    How can you include little drummer boy rum-a-bum-bum:happy: :happy:
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I HATE SILENT NIGHT that is the worst Chritmas song of all times

WHAT?! clearly something bugs you about that song but for me it is a classic - I prefer it in german and am not crazy about it in french but whichever the language it is a classic for me
  • JeninBelgium
    Options
    so many that I agree with, so many I disagree with and for some (like baby it's cold outside) it depends upon how many times I have heard it already this year and which version

anything by Mariah Carey or any of the other schrieky squealy other singers out there is on my list- just because you can hit a high note doesn't mean you should nor should you keep on hitting it over and over

and anything by the Carpenters or Barbara Streisand . I once worked in a shop where the only Christmas CDs they had were Carpenters and Babs every weekend and every evening for 2 months that's what we listened too- can't stand them to this day 20 years later!
  • JeninBelgium
    Options
    Feliz Navidad and The Christmas Shoes

When I was little, I thought Feliz Navidad was "Police Love Your Dad". I didn't understand what that had to do with having a merry Christmas, but figured t wasn't my place to judge.

laughed so hard oatmeal nearly came out my nose....:laugh:
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    The barking dogs song - HATE IT!!!
    followed closely by..... anything by Whitney Houston
  • VivaLaBrownGirl
    Options
    'I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas'.
    It played all of the ti me at my old job & I wanted to just turn off the radio every time. *cringes*
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Dominic the Donkey.......makes Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer seem like actual music. What makes it even worse is that they start playing it around here sometime in late October, before the Halloween Witches have even left the area.

This ^^^^ hee haw hee haw - seriously???????? worst. song. ever.
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I love almost all the songs listed. I hate:

- Christmas Shoes
    - Do They Know It's Christmas
    - Chris Brown's version of This Christmas
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Dominic the Donkey.......makes Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer seem like actual music. What makes it even worse is that they start playing it around here sometime in late October, before the Halloween Witches have even left the area.

This ^^^^ hee haw hee haw - seriously???????? worst. song. ever.

I love it
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    "do they know it's christmas"

THESE lyrics. "Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you"

REALLY? That's awful.

♪♫ And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmastime...♪♫

Yes. It's AFRICA. And don't you think they have enough issues with the whole famine-thing? Do they need snow on top of it?

♪♫ Do they know it's Christmastime at all? ♪♫

Well, I guess their message is working, because Christianity is now the #1 religion in Ethiopia.

Also "Christmas Shoes" is horrible. Because mama will be kicked out of heaven if she's not wearing the right shoes. It's like Studio 54. There's bouncers to keep out those who don't meet dress codes.

"Jingle Dogs." This song was playing while I was getting prepped for a root canal. I had to get 13 shots of Novocaine for a upper front tooth right under my nose. That hurt like hell and made my nose run. Then I noticed the song, and got caught up in a Giggle Loop. I was quaking with suppressed laughter, as the dogs kept barking and the dentist tried to stab me with more needles, while the hygienist tried to hold my steady by my shaking shoulders, thinking I was freaking out in pain. But no, it's was the knowledge that I had found the true Hell on Earth!!!

I had another, but I forgot it in my rage at the other songs. :grumble:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

♪♫ And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmastime...♪♫

Yes. It's AFRICA. And don't you think they have enough issues with the whole famine-thing? Do they need snow on top of it?

:laugh: Some songs are so stupid you just have to laugh.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Trans-Siberian Orchestra: Old City Bar.

I HATE that song. It's so bad that it's now become a tradition in our house to listen to it and make fun of the guy singing.

OMG!!!! This is the song that brings me to tears during their concerts! If you haven't seen them live then no, you won't get it.

I just don't like story songs. Plus, the first few times I heard it, I misheard the line "the neon was calling" and thought that "Leon was calling," and I couldn't figure out who in the heck Leon was.
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I would be really shocked if this isn't already in this thread but: Bob Dylan's Christmas album. I love Bob, and actually love listening to it because it's so laughable. But it really is bad...
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    'I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas'.
    It played all of the ti me at my old job & I wanted to just turn off the radio every time. *cringes*

By far the WORST Christmas song ever!!!
  • mom12868
    Options
    The number 1 worst Christmas song is "Simply having a wonderful Christmas time"... I cringe when I hear this... What was he thinking...