Big Blue Team WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    As far as a fitness challenge we could do # of days or minutes for the week....

How about 4 days next week....
    it could be a 15 minute walk
    a butt kick strength workout
    elliptical
    bicycling
    bowling
    soccer with the kids

4 days of activity and WATER!!! How's that sound???

I'm up for it! :drinker:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

elliptical
    bicycling
    bowling
    soccer with the kids

LOVE IT! A nice beginning for week one. So I was thinking we have a "contest" to rename out team. I'll start the thread calling it- BLUE MEMBERS CONTEST. It has to have BLUE in it though. You can make up a new name or put down the one you like. Then I can put it all together for a final 5 vote, of course done SECRETLY. You can PM me after the 2 weeks, with your choice, and I'll keep track for a week or so, then TA-DA! We're one big happy new family!1.gif- (that's Rach in the middle).

Kathy
    4.gif
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options

elliptical
    bicycling
    bowling
    soccer with the kids

I'm up for it! :drinker:

Me, too! Starting tomorrow, right? I will post my start weight tomorrow when I weigh also!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I'm up for renaming the Blues! :drinker:

I think I'm going to do some Plyometrics when I get home. It's been weeks since I've done any exercise and with these classes coming to an end I think it's about time I hop back on the P90x train and establish a routine I can stick to when my next classes start in a week.

muscular.gif
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options

I think I'm going to do some Plyometrics when I get home. It's been weeks since I've done any exercise and with these classes coming to an end I think it's about time I hop back on the P90x train and establish a routine I can stick to when my next classes start in a week.

muscular.gif

You did the P90X? were you able to finish and get the results you wanted? I am on day 31. No weight lost but inches lost.

For those that asked, when I think of non-processed foods, I think of fruits, veggies, meats, whole wheats, some dairy, real juices... things that aren't tampered with. Does that make sense? You could still eat frozen veggies and frozen meats, just no "junk" on them (like dressings.. instead use fresh vinagrettes or seasonings). Hope that clarifies. Who knows, maybe after a week, some of us will be converted hahaha.

I have been doing so good on my water today, but it seems day one is always easier than the rest of the week. I am now on cup 6, will easily hit 8 with dinner.

Although my p90x is usually all the work out I need, I would be willing to add in some extra.
  • RachVR6
    Options

muscular.gif

You did the P90X? were you able to finish and get the results you wanted? I am on day 31. No weight lost but inches lost.

I did 30days back in September, and lost about 8lbs and was down to 192 (I'm 199 now), and that was with still eating pretty crappy. Since then I've done a couple days here and there, but completely fell apart when 'life' hit hahaha. Just trying to get my routines back, because I know they worked.
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    i'm in chrissy! :bigsmile:
  • LostinCali
    Options

muscular.gif

Oh I know all about "life" getting in the way haha. I've hit a few speedbumps too and have had to play catch up on "rest" days. But I'm still trying. I hear from others that most of the results start to come after day 60, so a girl can hope!

I did 30days back in September, and lost about 8lbs and was down to 192 (I'm 199 now), and that was with still eating pretty crappy. Since then I've done a couple days here and there, but completely fell apart when 'life' hit hahaha. Just trying to get my routines back, because I know they worked.
  • LostinCali
    Options
    I dunno what happened in that last post. hmmm. will copy & paste.

Oh I know all about "life" getting in the way haha. I've hit a few speedbumps too and have had to play catch up on "rest" days. But I'm still trying. I hear from others that most of the results start to come after day 60, so a girl can hope!
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Please count me in!!!!

I'm off to practice drinking my water!!!!:laugh:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Go to this thread that hmo4 started if you want to suggest a name for this group. I guess she'll compile them and let us vote:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/51974-blue-members-contest?page=1#posts-577101
  • etandit
    etandit Posts: 35
    Options
    thats a hard task.. 8 glasses of wather a day.....but I am in!::drinker:
  • jennNva
    jennNva Posts: 142
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Just checking in with the "new" blue" team.

I know we don't officially start until tomorrow but:

I managed to get my water in today but I might have cheated. I used some of that crystal light drink mix to make it taste better. Does that count? Hope so :smile:

I also got in 45mins of circuit training/cardio and burned 310 calories. I was hoping for more but I'll take it.

Hope everyone has a great evening!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Good job Jenn!!

I too got in my 8 cups! On my 3rd litre of water now! This morning I went for a 2.5km jog, and in a little bit I will be off to play some basketball!! I hope you all had a great day!
  • treeves0721
    treeves0721 Posts: 14
    Options
    i would LOVE to join! i did well my first two weeks then lost out on motivation for some reason. i think it would be great to be working with a large group of people like this. is it too late?
  • RachVR6
    Options
    i would LOVE to join! i did well my first two weeks then lost out on motivation for some reason. i think it would be great to be working with a large group of people like this. is it too late?

Of course not! Just send me your start weight tomorrow. :flowerforyou:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    THis is just the kick in the butt i need. I do really well with my water during the week, but i struggle on the weekends.

I am up for the fitness challenge this has been a rough week for me to work out, so i am on board and will get it in at some point.

Let's go BLUE!!!!
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    THis is just the kick in the butt i need. I do really well with my water during the week, but i struggle on the weekends.

I am up for the fitness challenge this has been a rough week for me to work out, so i am on board and will get it in at some point.

Let's go BLUE!!!!

i agree! i always get in my 8 cups during the week with my water bottle sitting in front of my face on my desk, but i always slack a little on the weekend! i'm really trying to make an effort to drink more though- so this is extra motivation.

and this week (and next) will both be extremely busy (i'm moving!) so i will try my darnedest to get exercies in wherever i can. :drinker: :drinker:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Ugh I'm so angry at myself right now!!! :angry:

I went to do Plyo tonight and everytime, I'm like this is going to be the time I make it the whole way through. Without fail though I stop at around 20min every time!!! I have some sort of mental block about it! Like after 20min, my brain flips to 'better than nothing mode' and I stop. All the other hour long ones I'm fine with...theres just something about Plyo!! AHHHHHH!!!!! :sad:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    20mins is my wall time... With ANYTHING... Its REALLY hard to push through.. but once I do... Its like I can go forever!!