Big Blue Team WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Ugh I'm so angry at myself right now!!! :angry:

I went to do Plyo tonight and everytime, I'm like this is going to be the time I make it the whole way through. Without fail though I stop at around 20min every time!!! I have some sort of mental block about it! Like after 20min, my brain flips to 'better than nothing mode' and I stop. All the other hour long ones I'm fine with...theres just something about Plyo!! AHHHHHH!!!!! :sad:

Plyo is tough Rach. It helps if you make a chart with all the exercises and put a check by it when your done. Keeps you going. Also have some carb drink or sports drink during it. Set your goal for 5 min more each time even. You'll get there...:drinker:
  • ummmkristin
    ummmkristin Posts: 21
    Options
    Ohhhh could I join in or is it too late?
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Goodness me.....already emailed Rach this but just got to tell all to motivate me!

The moment of truth finally dawned last night, took the plunge and weighed. Not good! shocker!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh that will teach me!!!

I have not weighed for over 6 weeks been treading it! went to 3 weddings in 5 weeks!!!

This is it - got to finally reach that goal. Easier said I know.

Thanks for setting all this up Rach.
    ps: managed 8 glasses of water yesterday. All I need now is a loo in my bedroom!
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Checking in with my start weight...130.4 :sad: I was at 129.2...I am hoping I just gained a pound because TOM starts in a few days!

Kathy
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    I'm in for the challenges, not sure i'll hit the water challenge though, but count me in for the rest:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh could I join in or is it too late?

Just send me your start weight! :flowerforyou:
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    weight is 211.8:heart:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Good Morning BBB's!!!! :flowerforyou: Just sent my starting weight (250) to Rach. Got more than 8 glasses in yesterday and have a good feeling about today!!!!

It's 8 a.m. and I've been at work for half an hour, but I'm not supposed to be here till 8:30. I got up early and came in... I'm visiting the nurse at 8:30 on the dot for some blood work and I'm a little anxious. :laugh: It has been 3 months since I've gotten it done and the last time my blood sugar was a little high (my doc said it was something to watch but not worry about), my good cholesterol was a little low (taking fish oil for that) and my thyroid was a little out of whack (again, something to watch but not worry about). So, I'm hoping everything will be in order this time! :bigsmile:

I worked out last night. Did the 30-Day Shred... sort of. While I was watching the Biggest Loser, I took all the moves from Level 1 of the 30-Day Shred, added in some stepping on my little step, and cut everything up into pieces to do during the commercials. Burned almost 300 calories total! Not bad!!

Did anybody watch the Biggest Loser last night????? It was the first night I was in tears!:embarassed:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Did anybody watch the Biggest Loser last night????? It was the first night I was in tears!:embarassed:

I did!!! I'm pushing for Tara to win the whole thing! :drinker: How sweet of her to spend some of that prize money to redo her mom's kitchen!
  • jennNva
    jennNva Posts: 142
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Speaking of the BL - I missed the ending because some bad storms rolling through we lost satellite. Can someone fill me in on what happened at the end? I saw up until the end of the marathon.

Also - another challenge for now or later. To stay within you calorie limits with NO cheating. (Like me - I'll eat lifesavers and think "they are so small they don't count" or a piece of chocolate and not count it. I guess they add up!

Rach - keep pushing through that plyo! You're stronger than you give yourself credit for. Think of what they tell them on the BL and they always make it to the end. :smile:

Hope everyone has a great day !

PS Drink your water :smile:
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the staying within calorie limits with no cheating! I know that cheating is why I haven't lost any weight in a month and in fact keep gaining pounds back and have to work at losing them instead of losing new weight! I have been working on not cheating and being completely honest with my food diary this week, and have been doing well so far. It's going to be hard over the weekend because dh and I are traveling Fri-Sat and will be eating out for a few meals. Hard to plan that in advance and I won't have computer access while away, so I am going to have to guess. Have a great day, all! Kathy
  • sarahlouise87
    Options
    I find it so hard to get water down me, i only had two cups today so far!! any advice? how can i make it more enjoyable.. if thats even possible :laugh:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    It's still not letting me message the rest of the new team members to ask for start weights and let them know we're over here. :grumble: I guess I have to wait a full 24hrs.
  • becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    Good Morning all! I am finishing my cup of joe as we speak and getting ready to switch to water for the rest of the day. So besides the water what are our current week challanges? Reading through it all is a bit confusing!
  • bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    My start weight this week is 251...up 1 from last week, but my motivation has sucked. I think that a water challenge is an a great idea, but just so everyone doesn't freak out, water weighs about 8lbs per gallon which means that if you drink one 8oz glass of water, you have just automatically added 1/2 of a lb. So, over the course of the day, if you are drinking eight 8oz glasses of water, you could possibly put on 2-4 lbs of pure water. The good news is that it will all go away. Part of the problem is that most people don't get enough fluids to begin with, so ALL the fluids they take in are retained...which makes you heavier. The more water you drink, the less water you will retain. I usually drink anywhere from 1 to 1.5 gallons of water per day. I can definitely tell if I am dehydrated because I will gain a couple of lbs for the next couple of days and then when my water intake is back to normal, I will loose the pounds again. The water will make you gain a little weight, but in the long run, you will loose weight because you won't be dehydrated any more and you will flush a lot of the garbage out of your system. Hope everyone has a great day and yes, you will spend more time in the bathroom.:smile:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    So today first weigh in 262.8 5/6/09
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Im so upset!! For the last few days I have NOT went over my cals.. I have been a little under each time. I have been drinking over 3 litres of water a day.. I have been exercising almost everyday.. and my weight either remains the same or goes up!! :devil:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Im so upset!! For the last few days I have NOT went over my cals.. I have been a little under each time. I have been drinking over 3 litres of water a day.. I have been exercising almost everyday.. and my weight either remains the same or goes up!! :devil:

Keep plugging along! It'll all work out!! :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I still need start weights from:

buffjess
    ccoker
    dawn717
    hehawwolfley
    hmo4
    ischmelle
    j_g4ever
    mbmempireranch
    mrwatson
    rachmj526
    ranaegry
    robynd
    sarahiris
    tabbiekaye23
    tlg314
    treeves0721
    ummmkristin
    xazazelx
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I just realized, my thighs are reeeally sore after only 20min of Plyo yesterday. Ouch! :laugh: