T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team - Week 13

Options

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Yay mom!!

ok... so I have a delima. Chocolate milk=200 calories over tonight.... or no chocolate milk and Im 86 under....

Decisions, Decisions..:frown:

Edit: OK Ive made a decision... Im having 1/2 a glass! LOL 57 calories over I can live with. :blushing:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Yay mom!!

ok... so I have a delima. Chocolate milk=200 calories over tonight.... or no chocolate milk and Im 86 under....

Decisions, Decisions..:frown:

Edit: OK Ive made a decision... Im having 1/2 a glass! LOL 57 calories over I can live with. :blushing:

Once again I am sitting here with my glass of choco milk. Reading your post. Good compromise. Here is what I think of your BIG cow.

meat.jpg

I do not fear your cow at all!
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    :bigsmile: prayerfulmom - thanks for sharing your stories with us. I would never have the courage to join a 5k run but now I am seriously thinking about it. (it's ok to do it alone but embarrassing to wog with other people).

Did my usual 60 minutes on the bike path. It was a beautiful day finally ( after several rainy cold ones).
    Stayed under my calories for the second day in a row. I've been going over way too much lately.

I double dog dare you:wink:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    OK Ive made a decision... Im having 1/2 a glass! LOL 57 calories over I can live with. :blushing:

Great decision!

Have a great day. Off to work. Will make good choices in intake and output. Challenging you all to the same=)
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

Sorry I didnt post yesterday but I got up ealry to take my daughter to see her new school for next year, Then I ran a little behind.. got home in time to cook dinner and try some clothes on while cooking LOL then my daughter had her corus concert at school so we ate and left then didnt get home until late and had to watch the biggest looser that I recorded while I was gone... omg I cryed like a big baby... three of those contests are from Michigan!!!! that is where I am from.. I never payed attention to that.. cudo's to them for finishing those 26 miles... they did awsome.. anyway I have to read and catch up but I am kinda busy this morning.. with only 1 week and 2 days before I leave and all... I am getting so excited.. I tryed clothes on that were in my closet... everything is so big but I am just going to have to wear them and just get a belt or something LOL... I need to spend lots of time at the gym..

anyway I missed you all yesterday hope all is well with everyone... dara how did you mri come out??

talk more later.. going to he gym and getting my hair done this evening with highlights and low lights... and maybe a trim LOL I would love to cut it but hubby like my hair long... so I should be nice to him ha ha

sheila
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    Hey

Sheila - I bet you are one busy woman getting ready for that trip and keeping up with the kids. It is probably hard to get everything done in the day.

Prayerfulmom - WTG on the marathon. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting your experience. It is a good inspiration. I am thinking maybe maybe in the long run this might be a possibility.

LI4G - thanks for posting the intervals - it only looks more tempting to eventually try - hopefully. I can't go to work without my chocolate milk now. I work out , shower, eat - drink my milk and go. I think it helps fuel the beginning of my night.

Anita - - WTG - getting back into the exercisings. you never know it might of shook things up - show in the numbers on the scale.

DWray44 - how the appointment go?

Has anyone sent a message to Cyndeebee? I thought about it but didn't know how many messages had already been sent

Well gang - have to be to work early early tonight!!!!!!!!!!!! So I have decided to hit the sack here in just a few and get up earlier to do all my exercising - usually 90 many of tapes and a short walk on the treadmill. I can't go without it today. I will try to post right before I leave. I am so excited - I can't wait til Friday HAHA - I just hope it stays the way it is going.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options

Once again I am sitting here with my glass of choco milk. Reading your post. Good compromise. Here is what I think of your BIG cow.

meat.jpg

Kristi- I feel sorry for the cows in your pasture. Dont they eat grains? That meat looks really gross! Makes me wanna go vegan...:wink::sick:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options

meat.jpg

Kristi- I feel sorry for the cows in your pasture. Dont they eat grains? That meat looks really gross! Makes me wanna go vegan...:wink::sick:

I showed this to my husband last night and he thought it was so funny.... That is actually gross but so funny... I was telling him about Kristi shooting your Chocolate Milk cow, maybe that is why the meat looks bad, its chocolate milk...

I am home today. yeah.. laundry time...

Talk to you all later..
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Morning gang! Hope you're all well today!

LI4G-I will TOTALLY go thru my closet tonight and see what I can find to send your way! Could you email me your mailing address?? I'll let you know what I find, hope you and adopt4 can use some of it!

It seems I have to have knee surgery in a few weeks :sad: It's not that major of a surgery, but, it's still surgery and I'm not too thrilled about it. Apparently, I have a tear in the miniscus on both the outer side and inner side of my knee, as well as a "displaced" knee cap, which has caused my tendon to do more work than necessary, thus creating tendonitis(as well as arthritis on the other side of my knee)
    SO, they're going to go in and run a scope thru my knee to find the damaged cartilige, and shave off the damaged area, and re-position my knee cap. Yes, it's going to be that much fun! :laugh:
    On the bright side, I'm going to have it done on a Friday so I can have the weekend to not have to worry about work. Tony will still have to go to the Opry on that night and Saturday night, but my little sister is coming from IN to stay with me that weekend, which is super sweet! I'm looking forward to being able to fully use my knee again, and am hoping for a speedy recovery...so keep your fingers crossed for me!

On the bright side, the 10 lbs that I've lost so far is really like 60lbs to my knees! Not sure if you all know that, but each time you bend down or take stairs, you put 6x your body weight in pressure on the backs of your knees! Just something to think about!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Ok, before anything else, I wanted to say that I snuck out to the scale and weighed this am. And........(drum roll please)............... Am down to 425 - something like 4 lbs since last Friday! I have not adjusted my ticker, we will see where we are on Friday! :bigsmile:

meat.jpg

I showed this to my husband last night and he thought it was so funny.... That is actually gross but so funny... I was telling him about Kristi shooting your Chocolate Milk cow, maybe that is why the meat looks bad, its chocolate milk...

I am home today. yeah.. laundry time...

Talk to you all later..

Thats it! this meat is from Chocolate milk cows! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You'll never go vegan. you love the grill too much! :wink:

That is a gross big pile of meat however, isn't it! :sick:

Prayerful, I been thinkin about your marathon. It reminds me of a quote I like: "You can't control the wind, only the set of your sails." I love how you have taken control of your sails. You're an inspiration.

DWray - bummer dude! I have torn miniscuses and it is painful! Losing weight is sure making it feel better, and at some point, I will get to the point where I can have new knees. Then I will be bionic. But, if this surgery can help you avoid that, I say, embrace the knife! Good luck!

Sheila, keep packing! Have fun. Take sun screen. Take pictures. Take us. We will be very quiet and hide in your suitcase.

Healthy mom - I have been having this itch to get out my bike, hose off the cobwebs, pump up the tires and then stand there and admire it. It may get further than that, even! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • DWray44
    Options
    :drinker: Kristi, that's fantastic!!! 4 lbs is a lot, so I'm super jealous!! Thanks for the well wishes on surgery. Yes, I'm trying to prevent having replacement surgery when I'm older, though I know it's probably inevitable...just want to prolong as much as possible!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    :drinker: Kristi, that's fantastic!!! 4 lbs is a lot, so I'm super jealous!! Thanks for the well wishes on surgery. Yes, I'm trying to prevent having replacement surgery when I'm older, though I know it's probably inevitable...just want to prolong as much as possible!

whatchew mean - older!! :noway: :wink: :laugh: Yeah, ok older, but still pretty darn young at heart!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Thought for today:

If you focus on results, you”ll never change. If you focus on change, you”ll get results.

~Anonymous

It occurred to me that I am changing the way I live. It's not like when I quit smoking, and focused all my mental energy into laying down a habit and moving on... It's so much larger than that. I am actually changing the way I live. No longer do I eat with abandon - I consciously choose what goes into my body and it is not about taste or pleasure as much as it is about content - What will that food do for my body? Does it provide nutrients? Is it filling? Is it healthful? And yeah, is it tasty too?

I can not just sit on the couch all evening and watch tv anymore. I find myself planning the next days menus, or actually itching for movement - I have to move around. Sedentary no longer suits me. I am becoming a "putterer" - gotta be doing something or I feel dissatisfied. When my family asked where I want to eat for Mother's Day, I said I'd rather go bowling or kayaking on the river. Who am I?????? And what did you people do with Lulu????

This is changing my relationships with people too. I am not happy just having "phone" friends. I want to join a group ~ I want to be around people who are active and moving and :noway: outdoors!

I'm focusing on the change ~ and I am excited about the way things are going. I haven't lost that many pounds, but losing the "weight" shows up in more than just the scale ~ my life is no longer "still" - it is in motion ~ and I am grateful.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Prayerfulmom- Yayyyyyyy for you! I am so proud for you~ not only for all you training, or for the many many miles you ran on in pain, but mostly, for listening to your body. Being healthy is not always measured in how far we can push it, but in the ways we protect it! You are such a champ!!!

Swignol ~ Your daughter is one brave puppy to change schools in Sr. year! I like her spirit! Hey, do you sew? A few alterations and maybe some of your baggy clothes would be perfect! Regardless, I bet you are going to have a blast - no matter what you are wearing!

Has anyone else noticed that Kristi has a thing about piles???? First dogpiles on Adopt4, then piles of meat for Li4g! :noway: What is that about? Must analyze..................:laugh: :laugh:

DWray - :flowerforyou: I'm with Kristi - bummer dude! My brother-in-law had similar surgery last year and did very well with it and was quickly back up and running (literally) ~ and he's a lot older than you! Even older than Kristi:tongue: I'm glad it is something "fixable" and I know that in the long run - you will be much better off for having had it done ~ Here's looking toward your speedy recovery and the upcoming ability to be more active than ever!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    attention9ha.gif

my chocolate milk cows are LOW fat and no sugar added....

so..

thfifi.gif

And I could go vegan if I really wanted to. Was raised that way so it wouldnt bother me much. Still alot to cook on the grill when your vegan :laugh: (starts to drool over the thought of grilled mushrooms :smooched: )
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Dwray- bummer about having to have knee surgery!! Yuck! Did they say how long it will take to recover from that? How soon are they going to do it? Id imagine that has to be frustrating!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed that Kristi has a thing about piles???? First dogpiles on Adopt4, then piles of meat for Li4g! :noway: What is that about? Must analyze..................:laugh: :laugh:

mrsbeasley.gif24.gif
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Thought for today:

If you focus on results, you”ll never change. If you focus on change, you”ll get results.

~Anonymous

It occurred to me that I am changing the way I live. It's not like when I quit smoking, and focused all my mental energy into laying down a habit and moving on... It's so much larger than that. I am actually changing the way I live. No longer do I eat with abandon - I consciously choose what goes into my body and it is not about taste or pleasure as much as it is about content - What will that food do for my body? Does it provide nutrients? Is it filling? Is it healthful? And yeah, is it tasty too?

I can not just sit on the couch all evening and watch tv anymore. I find myself planning the next days menus, or actually itching for movement - I have to move around. Sedentary no longer suits me. I am becoming a "putterer" - gotta be doing something or I feel dissatisfied. When my family asked where I want to eat for Mother's Day, I said I'd rather go bowling or kayaking on the river. Who am I?????? And what did you people do with Lulu????

This is changing my relationships with people too. I am not happy just having "phone" friends. I want to join a group ~ I want to be around people who are active and moving and :noway: outdoors!

I'm focusing on the change ~ and I am excited about the way things are going. I haven't lost that many pounds, but losing the "weight" shows up in more than just the scale ~ my life is no longer "still" - it is in motion ~ and I am grateful.

I was so tired of all our church events seemed to revolve around food. I started a fitness group. You could start a meetup group on meetup.com =)
  • DWray44
    Options

whatchew mean - older!! :noway: :wink: :laugh: Yeah, ok older, but still pretty darn young at heart!

LOL:laugh: I meant when I am older, not that you're older! Wow, no matter how I say that it just doesn't sound that nice! LOL Sorry bout that :flowerforyou:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    attention9ha.gif

my chocolate milk cows are LOW fat and no sugar added....

so..

thfifi.gif

And I could go vegan if I really wanted to. Was raised that way so it wouldnt bother me much. Still alot to cook on the grill when your vegan :laugh: (starts to drool over the thought of grilled mushrooms :smooched: )

grilled pineapple, grilled zuccini, grilled mango, grilled corn on the cob.....dang I'm hungry