I swear it is sabotage!!!!!!!

Options
So, here I am, at work, all happy about how well I have been doing, and a coworker places a cupcake on my desk......... a cupcake. Not only A cupcake, but possibly the yummiest looking, most tempting cupcake in the history of cupcakes. He, along with all others in my section, know that I am on a mission. A cupcake! And I resisted. I Turned down a cupcake! (maybe the first ever?)

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    the beginning to a lot of sad cupcakes, lol....i know how it goes, great nsv!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Can I have it?
    :)
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Great job :) For the longest time I turned them down too, but I finally got to a point where I could just eat half or a couple bites & throw the rest away (bury it deep...LOL) without feeling guilty or like I was blowing my entire day!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Yes...... yes you can have my cuppycake..... but only cause you are a Gator! :P
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You kicked the crap out of that cupcake, figuratively speaking or course. Good job!
  • dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It is sabotage. Get used to it...it's going to keep happening through your journey and life. Try not to fixate- it won't help.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

LOL I have a moto - it's easier to walk away with none, then to stop at one!

It's nerdy but true!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    great work! :)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I like to give people the benefit of a doubt, and not always assume that they have ulterior motives.

Perhaps the gift giver understands that it's possible to eat a cupcake and not derail one's fitness goals. :flowerforyou:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Way to foil the evil plan of sabotage! :drinker:
  • galegetsthin
    Options
    That is a really great point! It is MUCH easier to not have one at all than to resist a second (and possibly third) one!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I was going to give you credit for resisting the urge to eat the cupcake, but you had to go and call someone's generosity "sabotage".
  • eviledna
    eviledna Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    well done, I work with people like that, then the comments start, 'just one won't hurt you' or 'don't lose too much as you'll look ill' etc.

Normally it's from people who are larger than I, diet trolls!!

It's just a cupcake, you know what they taste like, just stick with it x x
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Can I have it?
    :)

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Sabotage.gif
  • iffytiffyy
    iffytiffyy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i feel your pain. my job is having a cookie competition ALL week long. not helping me stick to eating healthy..
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    i agree. They are totally jealous and trying to ruin your hard work!
    Way to go not giving in!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    good for you!!! I've turned down a slice of cinammon crumb cake and greasy, delicious chinese food! Oyyy it's gonna be a long day :huh:
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Your coworker sounds like a jealous b!tch. Giving you a delicious and possibly homemade-from-the-heart treat and all. What a horrible thing to do to a person.
  • galegetsthin
    Options
    No, I fully understand it was just kindness. I dont expect other people to think about my goals every time they want to share. I politely told him that I really appreciate it, but I couldnt indulge just yet. (dont have that kind of will power on day 3) and if he would like to give it to someone who COULD eat it, I wouldnt mind. I was not really angry, I was joking. I was mostly just proud I resisted. I am glad to see that some people take everything so seriously.......