How did you meet your SO?

Options

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    We meet at a mutual friend's 4th of July BBQ. We both kinda sat there and talked **** about this girl who was trying to have sex with another mutual friend of ours that already had a girlfriend. We both don't like people who try to bang people with significant others.

Funny, the mutual "friend" that introduced me and the fiance later tried to hook up with him. :noway:

Needless to say, no longer a friend of either of ours. What is it with people that go after people that are taken? :explode:

Yeah, what is with those people? I've never in my life seen so many girls flirting with my guy while we're out. There's no way I would EVER think about doing that to someone. He even told me since we've been together he's never had so many people flirting, it's like they're just drawn to them.

Even the girl fitting us for our wedding bands flirted!! It was disgusting, but I kept my cool. What a moron.
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Online. I actually e-mailed him first and he responded like, THREE WEEKS LATER! -Some excuse about how his daughter had had an appendectomy and he really THOUGHT he had responded. Yeah, yeah, likely excuse!

He's damn LUCKY I gave him a second chance. Now, I can't get rid of him!
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @Fat_Bottomed_Girl: CUTE!!

On OkCupid! Seriously, the best advice I ever got was from a coworker who recommended it. It's free and um, the only person I went on a date with on there is my current boyfriend of almost a year. I joined on February 14th (crying into the chocolates I bought for myself) and met my boyfriend February 16th.

I guess most people don't immediately fall in love with the first person they meet, but I was super lucky. I dunno how it is for guys, but if you're a girl, you get BOMBARDED with messages from actually handsome guys. Trust me, in real life I get absolutely ZERO attention from the menfolk, but on OkCupid I had hot hipster guys sending me long, articulate messages. Or in the case of my boyfriend, a shockingly handsome musician writing cutely inarticulate, neurotic messages.
  • _hesmy19dhero
    _hesmy19dhero Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm adding mine!

Facebook!

LOL. I really do believe that everything happens for a reason - I've had some abusive relationships that caused me to move with my mother. I dated an abusive (now ex)boyfriend, whom I found my best friend through. And my best friend had a boyfriend at the time (they're now married). Well her now-husband had a brother and my BF was the new roommate at his brother's house! :) We were fighting on facebook because she bought him a snuggie & forgot she was supposed to get me one! LOL.

So cute, barf barf. Now we've been together for almost 2 years. I've lived with him for a year & a half!! :) Couldn't be happier.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Standing up in the same wedding. :wink:
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Still waiting....Nice guys DO finish last, haha
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I had been dating his friend (drinking buddy really) for a while but hadn't met him.
    The first time we met he propositioned me!
    I ended the relationship I was in (he was a pig anyway).
    Six years later and we're married with seven kids. Fast worker huh?
    Lmao. Don't panic. I already had four kids and he had two, we also now have one together.
    All of the kids live with us full-time, except for my eldest daughter who moved out last year.
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You had to resort to that? WOW! What is this world coming too????
    on Plenty of Fish!

That's exactly what I was thinking!

Hey, I found mine on PoF too! lol

-Believe me, I went in fighting, kicking and screaming, but I had a lot of fun in the end! :)
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I met him in high school when we were both dating other people. Then at my then best friend's grad party I gave him my number so that he could call to meet up with my girls at Cedar Point. That was 8.5years ago. We got married in August.
  • Demwitted
    Options
    High school... Chemistry class :)
  • bgc85
    bgc85 Posts: 68
    Options
    Match.com...yep, we should be in commercials! It really does work! teehee

Same here! :) I agree! Match.com really does work! We have been dating 10 months and hopefully will be married in the next year or two! :)
  • TrefG
    TrefG Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    She was my friends girlfriend. Ooops :blushing:
  • cheesehead8
    Options
    I met my wife on a blind date through mutual friends.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    You had to resort to that? WOW! What is this world coming too????
    on Plenty of Fish!

That's exactly what I was thinking!

Hey, I found mine on PoF too! lol

-Believe me, I went in fighting, kicking and screaming, but I had a lot of fun in the end! :)

I don't think online dating is "resorting" to anything anymore. People are busy working and living their lives - it's an easy way to meet and screen people - a stranger you have initial contact with online is no different than a stranger at a bar, or supermarket, or anywhere= they're still a new mysterious stranger. You'd be surprised who's on there... I went in initially as a joke with my girlfriend, and my husband among others ended up contacting me. Best thing I ever did!!
  • SweetChilly
    SweetChilly Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    hi5 actually.... I was a pop-up ad.... one one where its like "These 9 singles want to mee tyou today!" and my picture was the one right below the [x] to close the screen but he clicked on my picture by accident... I had completely forgot I had a profile on that thing until I get this random message from him... we've been together for 5 years ever since... true story
  • jenn_is_trouble
    Options
    We worked together at Rudy's BBQ. It was a match made in BBQ heaven.

Mmm.... BBQ.... *drool*
  • Strobins05
    Options
    His brother was banging my best friend!
  • lep_623
    lep_623 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Facebook :) on an old app called flirtable where you rank guys and you can message them/flirt with them if you like them... i told him he was cute and noticed he would be going to my college soon so we started talking, we are getting married in June :) been together for a little over a year :D I couldn't have asked for a better guy to spend the rest of my life with, I am truely blessed!
  • beckamarie
    Options
    My first husband actually introduced me to my DH several years before we were even married. DH was a guest at my first wedding... Then just as first husband and I were splitting up, I started working with DH... He has been there for me all along in the background... I pinch myself every day. Its like living a dream with this darling man. We have known eachother about 12 years, together for 8, married for 6.
  • NerdyXX
    Options
    I used to work at Jack in the Box (a fast food place) and he came through the drive through all the time then got a job working with me.

Been together 5.5 years. :)