Enough with the OATMEAL already!

Options

Replies

• momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    whole wheat pancakes... make up a lot and freeze them to warm up through the week... with fruit

steel cut oats - Trader Joe's has a good one in the freezer section... I add a little more cinnamon and sugar and some toasted almonds on top and mix it up

double fiber english muffin toasted with 1/3 a triangle of garlic herb laughing cow cheese and 1 oz. smoked salmon (I make like a sandwich) - add a cut up cucumber or tomato

brown rice with cinnamon and sugar and some milk

breakfast burrito without eggs, but all the other yummy stuff...
  • lisabert
    lisabert Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Vans waffles are great - 2 have 200 cals and are pretty nutrient-rich; try the Vitamin Boost variety. I see you don't like peanut butter but have you tried almond butter? oh so good and same nutritional values as peanut butter. Target's Archer Farms brand is really good - they roast the almonds so the butter has a nice rich taste. Another idea would be just the waffles with some Smart Balance and a dash of cinnamon. Bon appetit.
  • AdriennePetersen
    Options
    I LOVE "Primal Hot Cereal". Look it up online for more info, it's a diet sorta like Paleo, by Mark Sisson. Here's how it's made:

1/4 cup almonds
    1/4 cup pecans
    1/4 cup milk of your choice (I like coconut best)
    sprinkle of cinnamin

Blend in a food processor or blender (I use Magic Bullet), then heat in the microwave. It tastes like cinnamin rolls, soooo yummy. I like mine a little mushier, so I add more milk. Get creative, throw berries on top or add some coconut flakes. Enjoy!!
  • lisabert
    lisabert Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You really ought to try savory foods for breakfast. Just once, it won't hurt. My fave is half an avocado on an English muffin (I get the Ezekiel sprouted muffins, they are SO good and filling) with plenty of fresh cracked pepper. Nice combo of flavors (IMO) and good nutrition too. Carbs, protein, a great hit of monounsaturated fat.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    breakfast burrito and hashbrowns
  • Emme727
    Emme727 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love (usually for lunch, but could be good for breakfast as well) bagel with goat cheese and spinach. Smoked trout, red peppers or anything else can go on it.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I had Chickfila oatmeal this morning with fruits & nuts mixed in. Usually it is delicious but someone messed up on the consistency so it was a little watery, and the water and the gluten mixed together to form this viscous whitish goop that looked like.... ohhh...

I'm going to skip out on oatmeal the next few days, is all I'm sayin'.
  • wendyw8
    wendyw8 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I LOVE "Primal Hot Cereal". Look it up online for more info, it's a diet sorta like Paleo, by Mark Sisson. Here's how it's made:

1/4 cup almonds
    1/4 cup pecans
    1/4 cup milk of your choice (I like coconut best)
    sprinkle of cinnamin

Blend in a food processor or blender (I use Magic Bullet), then heat in the microwave. It tastes like cinnamin rolls, soooo yummy. I like mine a little mushier, so I add more milk. Get creative, throw berries on top or add some coconut flakes. Enjoy!!
    yum this sounds way good!!!
  • wonca
    wonca Posts: 81
    Options
    Pick whatever you want that meets your calorie and nutritional goals and substitute it instead. If you want a 1/4 or 1/2 of a waffle every morning, go for it.
  • k_maedae
    k_maedae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my absolute FAVORITE recipe! there's so many things you can do to it to make it yours, tastey, and healthy for you! I make these in giant muffin tins, warm them up a little in the morning, cut them in half, and spread .25 tbsp of unsalted butter on em. Eat these with my morning tea or coffee and I'm full til my next meal!

http://www.simplebites.net/how-to-make-the-best-muffins/

And why don't you like eggs? Have you tried them poached? or soft boiled? It's the only way I'll eat them. Unless they're in a cake batter. ;)
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    bump.
  • JenRLo
    JenRLo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    VitaTops - they're in the frozen section next to waffles. 100 cals w. lots of fiber and decent protein. Just heat it in the toaster oven. Also try Kashi waffles, more fiber and protein then normal so you can eat one and stay full longer. My problem with breakfast is I can't have any dairy so it's soy yougert or oatmeal for me!
  • shmo1969
    shmo1969 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean cereal with fat free milk and a banana!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    jeeeebuuus, woman. just dont eat then.
  • Hoaimy
    Hoaimy Posts: 16
    Options
    Have you tried cream of wheat? Yummy!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    jees, you are very picky..i got nothing:grumble:
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I personally love the Jimmy Dean Delights Turkey Sausage, Egg White and Lowfat Cheese breakfast sandwiches. They come on a whole wheat english muffin. You can find them in the frozen breakfast section. You could totally throw away the egg white since you don't like eggs. It is the only processed food that I have refused to quit eating....it is my vice! It is a little high in sodium but I totally look forward to it every morning. Its super easy, warm and you can eat it with one hand while driving wrecklessly to work :)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    And why don't you like eggs? Have you tried them poached? or soft boiled? It's the only way I'll eat them. Unless they're in a cake batter. ;)

When I eat eggs, I get a strong hit of sulfur. I wish I liked them, and it's not for lack of trying. A couple times I year, I'll take a forkful of eggs off my husband's plate, and it's always 'Yep... still no'. I've tried them fried, poached, scrambled, hard-boiled, soft-boiled, in omelets, in fritattas, etc. I've tried just egg whites, too. My mom told me that even in my high-chair, I would dump the scrambled eggs she prepared me onto my lap and try to hide them!

I think everyone just has their 'things'. Personally, I don't know how anyone could not love olives, goat cheese, mushrooms or cilantro. But I've definitely met lots of MFP'ers that find those foods vile!
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    cream of wheat
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    grits

Ewww ewww ewww - grits are oatmeal's nastier, uglier cousin! haha :-)

lol I thought so to, but it is good once in awhile with a little brown sugar. I am right there with you on the oatmeal. I make a batch at the beginning of the week, put it in single serving containers, and as it sits it seems to just continue to grow. lol You don't like eggs in any form? How about something like ham and cheese on an english muffin?

pre-made oatmeal--not a great idea. No wonder you don't like the taste lol... I use quick oats which take 1 minute in the microwave, and eat it every day, just about. I just mix up my "fill ins" so I don't get bored.