Options

Replies

• secretangel
    Options
    French toast/Nutella/Banana
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I LOVE "Primal Hot Cereal". Look it up online for more info, it's a diet sorta like Paleo, by Mark Sisson. Here's how it's made:

1/4 cup almonds
    1/4 cup pecans
    1/4 cup milk of your choice (I like coconut best)
    sprinkle of cinnamin

Blend in a food processor or blender (I use Magic Bullet), then heat in the microwave. It tastes like cinnamin rolls, soooo yummy. I like mine a little mushier, so I add more milk. Get creative, throw berries on top or add some coconut flakes. Enjoy!!
    yum this sounds way good!!!

There we are, next breakfast idea!
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I had an english muffin with a thin layer of cream cheese, green onion and thin sliced salmon with a little bit of capers on top and it was do amazing. Fruit pancakes, toast, wheat bagel maybe.
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    MIMs!
    http://www.atkins.com/Program/Phase1/WhatYouCanEatinthisPhase/AllAboutMIMs.aspx

I'm not an atkins follower in the least bit, but MIMS are SO delicious! Warning: there is one egg in it!
  • LexxyV
    LexxyV Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I do a hot cereal that is made with coconut milk and nuts... I place the nuts ( almonds, walnuts, and pecans) into a food processor and grind them down as fine as I can. I put about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of nuts into a bowl- pour about 1/2 cup of coconut milk in and then heat it up- I add fruit to this- way tastier than oatmeal and very filling... the hot cereal is called " primal hot cereal" taken from The cookbook- Quick and Easy Meals by Mark Sisson... I suggest it to anyone who is willing to try something new even if they are not primal- becuz it is simply so dang delicious I can't pass up the opportunity to tell someone about it.
  • LexxyV
    LexxyV Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I LOVE "Primal Hot Cereal". Look it up online for more info, it's a diet sorta like Paleo, by Mark Sisson. Here's how it's made:

1/4 cup almonds
    1/4 cup pecans
    1/4 cup milk of your choice (I like coconut best)
    sprinkle of cinnamin

Blend in a food processor or blender (I use Magic Bullet), then heat in the microwave. It tastes like cinnamin rolls, soooo yummy. I like mine a little mushier, so I add more milk. Get creative, throw berries on top or add some coconut flakes. Enjoy!!
    yum this sounds way good!!!

There we are, next breakfast idea!

Ooops! should have read all posts- just posted the same thing!!! lol!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE primal hot cereal!
  • red_hatorade
    Options
    What about Cream of Wheat, I love that stuff.
  • pdevito5
    Options
    grits

Ewww ewww ewww - grits are oatmeal's nastier, uglier cousin! haha :-)

lol I thought so to, but it is good once in awhile with a little brown sugar. I am right there with you on the oatmeal. I make a batch at the beginning of the week, put it in single serving containers, and as it sits it seems to just continue to grow. lol You don't like eggs in any form? How about something like ham and cheese on an english muffin?

I just really wanted to quote this peron's quote of them quoting a quote.

Wait, What are grits?
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Quick protein pancakes. You say you don't like eggs, but honestly you cannot taste them at all...

1/4-1/3 cup each of large flake oats, cottage cheese, egg whites (equal parts)
    a few large dashes of cinnamon
    Blend in a food processor and cook as you normally would a pancake. Makes 3-4 pancakes

Top with warm fruit, natural PB, syrup, whatever you like.

Enjoy your pancakes.

If not, I guess just skip breakfast altogether because you are wayyyy too difficult to please :tongue:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Sprouted grain toast (like Ezekiel) with organic peanut butter and cinnamon is my all time favorite meal... ahem... breakfast. :smile: Or my husband makes these breakfast sandwiches on the weekend with seasoned eggs, turkey and cheese on bagel (I would use an english muffin) and they look pretty delicious. You could obviously put whatever you wanted on the sandwich...

Sorry, just saw the no PB thing... there are other nut butters... haha or some home made whole grain muffins or pancakes
  • fit4life1010
    Options
    I usually have a cup of 1% milk, arnold whole wheat sandwich thins with either cream cheese or laughing cow light cheese (loveee it! there are different flavors to choose from), and some sort of fruit. It gives me enough calories, protein, fiber, carbs, fat to get to my morning snack :)
  • grandmawantstolose
    Options
    bump
  • sc_wildcat1
    Options
    Oddly enough I like baked sweet potatoes for breakfast. There are quite a few recipes on the net for protein muffins and similar breakfast foods. You can even make a batch of muffins and freeze them. Have you ever tried almond butter? I like it better than peanut butter.

Good luck!:smile:
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    What about cracked wheat or creamy wheat? Cracked wheat is better because it has the whole grain, so lots of fiber and no nutrients lost in the refining process (since there isn't much of one). But some people just prefer the smooth texture of creamy wheat better.
    You prepare either one similarly to oatmeal (cooks on the stove with water, add whatever sweetener, spices, fruits, milk, etc you would to oats) but the taste is definitely different. And unless you have a specific intolerance or allergy, I see no reason to avoid wheat. IMO it's been given a bad name lately.
  • mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato hash with maple syrup. Add bacon for protein. I eat mine with eggs over easy but you can leave those out.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    one of my favs:

toast an english muffin in the oven (or toaster, I don't like them too toasty) @ 350 for 5 minutes.....

top with a slice of pepperjack cheese, slices of tomato, 1/4 of an avacado and some fresh cilantro.....

put back into oven for appx 5 minutes..........EAT!

not a traditional breakfast, but still good in my opinion :smile:
  • darlalu00
    darlalu00 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Eggo whole wheat waffles aren't bad!
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You can make light french toast using light whole wheat bread, egg whites, a dash of skim and a pinch of cinnamon! Of course a little bit of reduced calorie syrup!
  • gracibelle
    Options
    protein pancakes! you can find recipes online, and they're low-carb, low-fat, and high protein :) Also, homemade whole wheat bread is great fresh out of the oven (That's what I'm having now!)
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Brown rice. You can gussy it up with fruit, nuts, or almond milk.
    Eat some protein with it. I usually eat cottage cheese as my protein in the morning simply because it's the easiest.