What's your ideal weight?

Options

Replies

• mike_hill
    mike_hill Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    6'0" here so shooting for 185 as my target. Will see what size clothes that puts me in and then re-evaluate. I may try and go down a little more than that or maybe put on a little muscle.. :)
  • kerryh1976
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and I'd like to be 130lbs..any less than that and my face starts to look gaunt, not a good look, plus I still like to have curves, just in the right places!!

I'm with you on this - I am 5'9 and 166lbs and although part of me thinks I could stand to shed a few more (I still have an *kitten* the size of a small planet) I never seem to lose weight from where I want to. The last 10lbs have gone mainly from my waist area and face, and I don't want to lose anymore from there. OK, so a tiny waist would be nice but its just gonna make my *kitten* look even bigger ..... lol.

So I am sticking with something around 166lbs; its the lowest weight I have EVER been, I am finally in the healthy BMI range and 11 stone-something rather than 12 stone-something. And I will keep running and see if I can't slim down my behind but I won't get my hopes up!
  • Aprillsmith
    Options
    My goal weight is 88 lbs or a bit higher.
    I want to feel good about me and I'm only 5"2 and people have told me that I wouldn't be too skinny.
    I'm 17 years of age also.

I think whatever weight is healthy for you and makes you feel good when you look in the mirror is, just what you go for. Its more than about just numbers on a scale but also about your body frame and health.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5" and my goal is 135.
  • jez1988
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and would like to weigh 150
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    120-125lbs. I'm 5'2 and bottom heavy, so that puts me at a size 6 or 8. :)
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 5 and am aiming for around 150lbs- but nothing is in concrete. I have a large frame- and 150 is right in the middle of the recommended range when I add the recommended 10%. I am currently 185 - down from 250 so am please with my overall progress to date. I started this back in April and hopefully will be close to my goal by next April

Debbie
  • gracibelle
    Options
    I'm there! 133 pounds currently :) According to calculators online though, my ideal weight is 145-160. But my doctor says 130-140, so we'll go with that.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    My ideal weight is the one I am happy with. I'm pretty happy being 192lbs at 6'0 as I am now.

I suppose I could lean out to six pack levels by getting down to about 180ish but doubt that would have me any more happy. My goals are about a functional physique more than a pretty one.
  • TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and my goal weight used to 105. Then I upped it to 110. However after looking at pics of myself from last year, when I weighed 111, I changed my mind to a goal of 115,. However I want to be fit and toned too!! So we shall see where I end up!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and a half......my ideal weight is 135. I want to be slim, toned and muscular.....I don't think I could lose my curves even if I wanted to so I am not worried about that at all.
  • decofitwife
    Options
    135..im 5'6. I was 138.5 in september and felt "skinny" and then I let things get out of hand :(
  • denisegetskinny
    denisegetskinny Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and want to be a loose size 9 and around 140 lbs, currently I am at 168 and have too much jiggle in my wiggle, wiggle, wiggle!
  • SoleSofocused
    Options
    I'm pretty new to MFP, started the 1st of the month. I'm 5' 5 and 228 lbs at the time. Lost 9 lbs so far, my goal is 150 so I still have alot to go. I think at my age 150 is good for me. I'm not sure how many curves I'll have left after losing the weight tho, I have more curves now than I ever had before. The smallest I've been as an adult was 130 lbs.
  • michelledyan
    michelledyan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am 194 and 5'5". I would like to get down to 135 - I look good at that weight but even at that weight I thought I was heavy when I was younger...ah those were the days, LOL! :)
  • konswela
    konswela Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and would like to weigh around 155 or so with a little extra boo-tayyyy !!!!! I have about 20ish extra pounds to loose..
  • lre224
    lre224 Posts: 83
    Options
    I'm 5'3", large frame, 47 yr old female. My goal is 145 lbs.

Started at 243 in August, currently at 227. Working with a personal trainer since August; so I'm building muscle while losing fat at the same time. According to him, it's a much slower process, but he thinks it's the way to go. (He has complete faith that I will get there, and until I develop the same confidence, I just trust him.)
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i was thinking about this question when i got off the scale this morning and thought i should start a thred and see what others think, guess i dont have to.

i am 6'2 and was 184 on the scale this morning, i had been shooting for 185 as my goal weight but i dont know and i am not sure how to figure it out. i still have some small love handles and i cant see my abs yet - is that more because i havent focused on them in training or do i need to lose a couple more and go down to 180? i was 180 in high school and everyone said i was too skinny and the dr told me to put on a few pounds if i could, but i dont look skinny like i did then since my body filled out in college so bottom line, i am not sure, advice is welcome.

thanks
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and have a curvier bottom half but a petite overall body frame, I'm currently about 135, but I'd like to tone and get under 130. I used to be in the 110-115 range in high school but I had a lot less curve so I'm happy with the high 120s!
  • sms1986
    sms1986 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 9 and a half (or 176cm) and at the moment I'm 210lbs, and my ideal weight is 155lbs. For a man of medium build and my height, I think that's a very healthy weight, certainly far healthier than my current weight.