Big Blue Team WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    So I have been here just not really here. :laugh: I have been busy however lastnight made sure to get in a run. I ran 2miles. I did some sprints in there also to get my heart rate up a little more. I'm loving that summer is coming after taking off most of my weight people can see it now. :bigsmile: When I say I have about 30 more pounds to go they all say O no way. that makes me feel even better. :flowerforyou: I'm in with the water thing btw. I went to wal-mart the other night and got a new water bottle and told everyone in my family that its mine. :tongue:

I would like to welcome all the new blue member Im j_g Im sarcastic and little funny from time to time but I don't want to toot my own horn. :blushing:
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Guess what my calorie intake for today was? -522. Isn't that wonderful?:grumble: Being sick sucks:sick: (yes that's what I look like:laugh: ) Anyway . . .
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I like to workout in the mornings. I burned 707 calories this morning on the treadmill and elliptical. So, tonight I have to figure out something healthy for dinner. It's hard because my boyfriend can eat ANYTHING he wants. So, until I get good at cooking healthy (so the difference isn't that noticeable) I cook one thing for him and something different for me. Sometimes it's tough, but since I've been on MFP, it has been less tempting to indulge in the unhealthy. I've only been here 2 1/2 weeks, but you guys are great. Thanks for the support and motivation from everyone.

ahh - my boyfrinend is one of those too!! he can eat a donut and it won't eve show, but if i eat one...my thighs will jiggle for like a week!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I drank 15 glasses of water today and did an hour of cardio after work. I am going to be down a pound this week if it kills me.

I can't believe i went from drinking almost no water 6 months ago and now that is pretty much all i drink. It has to be ice cold though and if you use a straw you drink so much more.

By next year i would like to do the Chicago half marathon. I am not a big runner but by then i will be such a hottie I will need to show everyone i can do this.

Good luck on the water remember to get those 8 glasses in tomorrow.:drinker:
  • bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    Just finished my workout for the day. 30 mins on the eliptical, 20 mins on the stationary bike and 10 mins strength training (trying to rehab an inkured shoulder blade). I am up to 16 glasses of water for the day, but I will probably drink at least another 8 before bed...yes I get up a couple of times per night. I hope all y'all have a good evening.
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    had a great day today...
    14 glasses of water and burned 507 calories in a great workout.

success for day one! best wishes to all for a healthy tomorrow :)
  • bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    I don't think I ate enough today... my calorie deficit for the day is -1500... I would love to shrink that deficit, but I don't want to eat this late. On the other hand, I have downed 24 glasses of water today, and I finally had some motivation to do some excercise. Maybe I was just in a slump. thanks for the encouragement. I knew I picked the good team.:wink:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I don't think I ate enough today... my calorie deficit for the day is -1500... I would love to shrink that deficit, but I don't want to eat this late. On the other hand, I have downed 24 glasses of water today, and I finally had some motivation to do some excercise. Maybe I was just in a slump. thanks for the encouragement. I knew I picked the good team.:wink:

Wow, you are my hero, that is a lot of water and I thought i drank a lot with 15. Good for you and keep up the good work.:drinker: :drinker:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a yummy red pasta sauce that isn't a complete killer on sugar and sodium? Or a VERY simple recipe for making one myself?

I :heart: Classico Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic. It has 50 cals, 400mg (high but not bad for a pasta sauce) and 5g sugar per 1/2 cup. I have with with whole wheat pasta and get about a 1/3 of my recommended fiber for less than 250 cal.
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    really good day. ate well. caloreis about 100 under. swam 1 hr and treadmill 45 min plus weights.
    water 12 glasses. A little tired. TOM today. see you tomorrow.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hohum, still the same weight but feel gross:grumble: Water is always been fine for me. I read an article saying women should drink 9 glasses a day, adding more for ever dehydrating Caffeinated drinks). Anyway, volunteered at McDonald's for Canada's McHappy Day as I'm a Quality Correspondent Mom, and-you guest it, ate a Big Mac with some fries:noway: . Only over a bit on cals but, man, why does it smell and taste sooo good?:grumble: No work out either, as so busy, but for sure will tomorrow.

Glad you're all getting the motivation, that's what the Blues' are about! So, it may SNOW here on Friday. WTH? :grumble: Have a good one tomorrow-be good, Kath:flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty good day. 14 cups of water... But I didnt stay within my cals today.. I gave in to a small piece of deep dish pepperoni pizza... LOVED every last bite of it too! hahahah Now comes the tough part.. Not weighing myself until next Wednesday!! :sick:
  • ummmkristin
    ummmkristin Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm so upset today! Yesterday my weight was 301, but today its saying 313!! It BETTER be all the water I've been downing. Could it be? I was also quite a bit tired... I tend to weigh a couple pounds more when I'm tired for some reason lol.

I was so motivated when I saw 301 (that's the lowest I've seen in the past 2-3 years!)... Then I saw 313... Today just was not a good day. I went over 200 calories as well.

I shall do better tomorrrowww.

*whines to anyone who will listen* lol
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I'm so upset today! Yesterday my weight was 301, but today its saying 313!! It BETTER be all the water I've been downing. Could it be? I was also quite a bit tired... I tend to weigh a couple pounds more when I'm tired for some reason lol.

I was so motivated when I saw 301 (that's the lowest I've seen in the past 2-3 years!)... Then I saw 313... Today just was not a good day. I went over 200 calories as well.

I shall do better tomorrrowww.

*whines to anyone who will listen* lol

Don't worry about it! Just try not to weigh yourself too often. :flowerforyou:

I on the other hand went about 500 over my MAINTENANCE calories AND didn't exercise yesterday. Just got into to one of those moods where I recognize that I"m not hungry and I don't want to eat the crap, but I do anyway. :noway:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Oh yea, and I went to bed at 9pm last night so that I could get a full 8hrs in and get up at 5am to workout.....my alarm went off and I sat up long enough to change it to 6:30. :grumble:

I need to get out of this cruddy mood! :ohwell:
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    So I just woke up and am taking the morning off of work. Planning on getting on the elliptical for a while. Have to go get my water bottle filled up for the day.

Good Luck everyone!:heart:
  • sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    so my start weight is 154lbs and has been that for two weeks, drinking 3 litres per day and maintaining 1200cals, just wish the scale would start moving, maybe this group will be the motivater :smile:
  • jennNva
    jennNva Posts: 142
    Options
    Good Morning Blues :smile:

Well I managed to drink all my water yesterday and get in my exercise in. Off to a good start.

Wishing everyone a great day!
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    so my start weight is 154lbs and has been that for two weeks, drinking 3 litres per day and maintaining 1200cals, just wish the scale would start moving, maybe this group will be the motivater :smile:

You might need to up your calories a little to get the scale moving. I know that sounds odd, but I upped mine to 1350 and it worked better for me.
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    A little over 45 minutes of excercise done and 2 cups of water :drinker: .

Make today a good day everyone!
    :heart: J