T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team - Week 13

Options

Replies

• prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    It seems I have to have knee surgery in a few weeks :sad: It's not that major of a surgery, but, it's still surgery and I'm not too thrilled about it. Apparently, I have a tear in the miniscus on both the outer side and inner side of my knee, as well as a "displaced" knee cap, which has caused my tendon to do more work than necessary, thus creating tendonitis(as well as arthritis on the other side of my knee)
    SO, they're going to go in and run a scope thru my knee to find the damaged cartilige, and shave off the damaged area, and re-position my knee cap. Yes, it's going to be that much fun! :laugh:
    On the bright side, I'm going to have it done on a Friday so I can have the weekend to not have to worry about work. Tony will still have to go to the Opry on that night and Saturday night, but my little sister is coming from IN to stay with me that weekend, which is super sweet! I'm looking forward to being able to fully use my knee again, and am hoping for a speedy recovery...so keep your fingers crossed for me!

On the bright side, the 10 lbs that I've lost so far is really like 60lbs to my knees! Not sure if you all know that, but each time you bend down or take stairs, you put 6x your body weight in pressure on the backs of your knees! Just something to think about!

:sad: ouch. Interesting about the 6x the pressure on the knee. something to keep filed away incase I need that at some point.
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your encouragment. It was a hard pill to swallow not finishing. But I am at peace with in now.

Kristi- you rock!.....but cheating at the same time by weighing in today.:laugh: rofl. just kidding.
    Your doing an amazing job!

ok, back to work. lunch break is over.
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Dwray- bummer about having to have knee surgery!! Yuck! Did they say how long it will take to recover from that? How soon are they going to do it? Id imagine that has to be frustrating!

I'm trying to schedule for Friday, May 22 so I can have the weekend and holiday to recover. It shouldn't take that much time really, just depends on swelling and stuff. My doctor says to stay off it for 48 hours, then just be on it in moderation. He says that it could take 4-6 weeks before I can have full use, but that all depends on the therapy and recovery process. Because they're removing cartilige(though damaged), it's going to weaken my knee even more. So, I've got to keep working on losing weight and building up those muscles so it won't cause any more issues. I'm looking forward to easing the pain, and being able to do things without popping and cracking and feeling like my knee cap is going to fly off! Thanks for everyone's concern!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    attention9ha.gif

my chocolate milk cows are LOW fat and no sugar added....

so..

thfifi.gif

And I could go vegan if I really wanted to. Was raised that way so it wouldnt bother me much. Still alot to cook on the grill when your vegan :laugh: (starts to drool over the thought of grilled mushrooms :smooched: )

grilled pineapple, grilled zuccini, grilled mango, grilled corn on the cob.....dang I'm hungry

Grilled pizza with veggie toppings, grilled apples, grilled onions (mmmm!)... dang Im hungry too.. Im gonna go make lunch (spinach & garlic pizza on a tortilla)
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    attention9ha.gif

my chocolate milk cows are LOW fat and no sugar added....

so..

thfifi.gif

And I could go vegan if I really wanted to. Was raised that way so it wouldnt bother me much. Still alot to cook on the grill when your vegan :laugh: (starts to drool over the thought of grilled mushrooms :smooched: )

grilled pineapple, grilled zuccini, grilled mango, grilled corn on the cob.....dang I'm hungry

All of it right next to a big jucy grilled steak. Or ribs. Or chops. Or chicken.

Ummmmm....... Just had a garlic burger for lunch! no bun, no mayo, no ketchup. Use lettuce like a bun, put radish and sprouts and a couple of cherry tomatoes on top with some 0 cal mustard. Ummmmm....... Whew, now, I better go brush my teeth! :blushing:

PS. I did not say you COULDN"T go vegan..... I just said you WOULDN'T! :tongue:

And, Dwray my dear - just yanking yer chain, darlin'. I am embracing my old age. I am finding myself
    in it.

Lulu - A quote to go with your quote and a possible answer to the question of where's lulu.
    Michaelangelo was asked how he was able to sculpt so beautifully. (His contemporaries all started their ideas in terra-cotta, doing a sort of rough draft. He did not.) He replied: "I saw an angel in the stone and I carved to set it free." We are all just setting ourselves free.

And, one last PS - I do not have a thing with piles! :angry: :laugh: Or, maybe I do!
    animals.jpg
    I just like to have my friends close! :happy:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Wow ya'll are just so chatty these days! :flowerforyou:

Met with the trainer yesterday, did upper body. Came home and crashed, man, was my body tired. It's ok though. Going tonight instead of this morning becuz I was so sore this morning, thought I'd give it some time to loosen up. So will go to gym with hubby (another way to make sure he goes tonight).

Lower ab workout - and man, it works, so be careful how much you do:
    1. Lay on your back, bring your knees to your chest, then straighten out as close to the floor as possible, back to chest, repeat. If you can do 10 of these, you're rockin'.
    2. Lay on stomach, lift opposite arm and leg straight off the floor, maybe 6 inches. Do not let hips come off floor.
    3. Lay on back, put feet on one of those big balls. Roll ball in towards you while simultaneously trying to do a straight up situp (arms straight up in air).

So he tells me he wants me to do an easy day on Thurs - 10 minutes on the staircase thing and then on the row machine. I did 5 mins on the stairs once and nearly died. He calls this an easy workout???

Gym scale showed 2 pound weight loss (had to weigh in for the contest there). So cool! Not seeing it on my scale but I don't care. I'm definitely shaking things up. Now if I can just do these workouts without having to crash and take a nap in the afternoons!!! I think it will come, for now, I'm trying to listen to my body if it needs rest. In another 2 weeks I'll try to stop the naps if it doesnt' come naturally. Today I'm dying for a nap (yep, haven't been to the gym yet, this is good old fashioned lazy) so I'm thinking of shopping for a new swimsuit. Hard to find one without a skirt that covers what it needs to cover and keeps the girls in when I swim. Found one at Freddies for $75 - yipes!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    You are right... I wouldnt go vegan. LOL I love my meats. Altho, Im finding that Im eating alot less of it these days. Last night I had homemade vegetable soup with orzo and some salad. Will be eating that again tonight for sure! It was tasty and I made a HUGE pot of it.

I tried to find kristi a huge pile of vegetables, but there wasnt anything worth posting that could sit with that ugly pile of meat...:laugh: :laugh:

Thought I was gonna have rugrats this morning, but plans changed. Went to the gym and did 20 minutes of stetching then got day 2 of week 4 done on the couch 2-5k today. Then I popped onto the hard elliptical at the gym and did that for 30 minutes. I was exhausted when I finished. Finished up with some stretching and the trainer asked me if I had warmed up alread before my stretching. I just looked at him like "You're kidding me right??" as the sweat was rolling down my face and neck... LOL Did it really look like I was just getting started?? :angry: :angry: :laugh: When I told him what I had just done, he was like "Oh!!! very cool!! keep it up!!"

The only part of me that really hurts is my right hip flexor. So Im doing more stretches during the day to see If I can get that to go away. Its fine most of the time, but when I get to the end of my wog, it starts to ache. Like "Hey, WTH are you doing to us!!"

Pictures coming later tonight. Today is my 4 month anniversary with MFP. :happy:
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    Hey

Adopt4 - thanks for posting the exercises - going to try and add them this week end. I find myself working out more and harder on the weekend - more time - and I have also notice sleeping longer on those days. I was shocked when I wasn't getting up as early. I am like you - I try and listen - if the body needs more rest - I listen

LI4G - good job on the exercising. I hate to say it I could never go just veggies but I find myself eating more of them every day. I don't remember if you were the one that mention it but thanks for the grilled pineapple idea - I love my pineapple.

DWray44 - wow and ouch girl. good - luck with the procedure.

Kristi - WTG GIRL Congratulations on the 4 pound lost. Keep it up girl. Thanks for posting girl. I have cheated too this week but I probably just blew it to pieces. RUSHING TONIGHT AND NOT PLANNING CAUSE THE SODIUM TO GO WAY OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gonna push the water hard tonight at work. May pee my pants but hey - got to get it out of my body.

Lulu - I enjoy your post so much. I really liked that quote.

to everyone else hello - have a good evening. I am so glad this is my last night. talk to you tomorrow
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Indiana, I LOVE grilled pineapple. I marinated some chicken in teriyaki last weekend put some big chunks on skewers. THen made some pineapple skewers too with some big chunks. Usually its not ripe enough to do it, but I had one that had been sitting on the counter for a week and was ready. Made ups some rice and man it was so good. In fact, I might make it again this weekend for me and hub. Got another pineapple at the store this last Sunday, so its sittin in the kitchen windowsill, ripening.
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys! Just wanted to check in an say HELLO! :happy:
    I am exhausted! I am sure the rain is not helping me. We have another 3-4 days of rain coming...oh joy. Today was a good day. My off day from the gym. I don't like to take my day off on the weekend cause that's when I came make it to the gym longer. Well off to bed I go! Have a super evening!
    Jamie
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Thought for today:

If you focus on results, you”ll never change. If you focus on change, you”ll get results.

This is so true. Ive been so freaked out by this damn plateu. I snuck a peek this morning at the scale. No budge. Still 222 flat.:grumble: I realized by that statement that Ive been focusing on the weight part of things wayyyyyyyy too much and started looking more at the changes that my body is making rather than just a number.

1.) I can run for 5 minutes strait without feeling like Im gonna pass out! THEN do it again!
    2.) My butt and legs are firm!
    3.) My abs are starting to tighten more
    4.) My hair is glowing now (no split ends came off at the last haircut)
    5.) My skin has cleared up alot.
    6.) TOM isnt as bad as painful as it used to be
    7.) No more achy back or sore legs when I go to costco
    8.) Only have 1 chin now, not 2.
    9.) I have arm muscles that make a few of my guy friends nervous (teehee!)
    10.) I eat when Im hungry and not when Im bored and I know when to stop before I get too full.
    11.)No more bowls of spinach dip with a loaf of french bread as a snack. :laugh: I now stop at a couple tablespoons of dip IF I ever eat it at all.

So... I had my son take pictures today since today is my 4 month MFP anniversary.

Here is me on after month 1....
    miscstuff005-1.jpg

Here is me after month 4 (today) wearing the same outfit.....
    month4side-222.jpg
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Li4g - you look sooo good... You must be proud of your self... I to like grilled pinapple...

Dara - I am so sorry to hear about your knee set back.. I wish you a speedy recovery..

LuLu - I gave her the choice to change or not to change and she said it would be better for her because the new school is much better in the arts field which she wants to go into.. Thank you again for all you words of wisdom for my daughter..

indiana - yes I seem to be extreamly bussy this week...can wait for vacation only One more week of crazyness!!!

Kristi congrates on the pounds..your doing GREAT... Keep up your Awsome work...

I got my hair done... not sure if I like it... it is really blond in the front but the rest looks great..
    maybe after it grows out a bit I will post a pitcure...

anyway dont want to post to much.. so I will go now ... I will talk to you later...

Sheila
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Dwray- wishing you rapid recovery for your knew surgery. There are so great chair exercise videos if you need to give the knee a rest. I just did one today with a group of older patients who loved it.

Kristi-cracking up. I use to be a vegetarian to help out my teen who went vegetarian. Made it a little easier when I had to reduce my protein to 3 ½ oz a day.

Adopt4-you are doing great. I call that machine the escalator machine. Best way to describe it. Intense. Way to go on your first WI for your contest.

LI4G- I have great stretches for you. Can I explain it?
    Lay on the floor. Knees up. Cross one leg over the other knee. Use your arm to pull the support knee towards your chest.
    Stand straight. Rt arm lean over the left side.
    On hands and knees. Pull one leg in front of the other. Lean forward on elbows…ohh sooo good.
    Amazing job your doing! Yes yes yes!!! Its not all about the scale.

IG- we do need more sleep when we work out a lot.

Jamie- nice to hear from you.

Sheila- how exciting for your vacation with your improved body and sassy hair do. Enjoy!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Thanks mom!

I already do the knee one to stretch glutes and hips. I love that one!
    Will try the others on Friday when I do day 3 of week 4. Thanks a bunch!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Indiana, I LOVE grilled pineapple. I marinated some chicken in teriyaki last weekend put some big chunks on skewers. THen made some pineapple skewers too with some big chunks. Usually its not ripe enough to do it, but I had one that had been sitting on the counter for a week and was ready. Made ups some rice and man it was so good. In fact, I might make it again this weekend for me and hub. Got another pineapple at the store this last Sunday, so its sittin in the kitchen windowsill, ripening.

Just how big were those chunks of chicken? attack-of-the-giant-rooster.jpg

By the way - LI4G - way to go! You look marvelous!

Hi everyone, just checking in to say good night!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Well Team

I am so sick, I woke up this morning throwing up and poopin... I have nothing left in me... welll I am going to the dr. at 11 hope he can fix me...

I only have a week 8 days before vacation I sure hope I am better!!!!

I prob lost my 5 pounds from getting sick and thats not good.. I feel weak and shakie...

well I will post later when I feel better...

Sheila
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Oh Sheila :ohwell: feel better.. That stinks to be sick... You'll get better, probably a 24 hr bug something like that...

Everyone else.. Hi...

I just got done doing 30 mins of my walk away the pounds dvd.. Burnt 351 calories and walked 2 miles... I feel good.. Although I am going on day 2 of my usual 3 day headaches.. I will have to have some coffee to help it or a diet coke... That usually works.. We shall see.. I haven't had diet soda in so long...

I am off to get ready for work...

Talk to ya all soon...

Anita
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Sheila and Anita, :flowerforyou: get better soon!
  • ToniAnn45
    ToniAnn45 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thought I would jump in here & get some help with weight-loss motivation. I'm going to the gym 4 evenings a week..2 for a 1 hr. dance & yoga class & 2 for 45 min. Spin Cycling. Doing good with the exercise. I journal breakfast, lunch & snacks, but don't want to even think about what I eat for dinner. Which is where my problem is...no weight loss. I'm furious with myself because I do so good until I get home from the gym & I just can't seem to get it all together the rest of the evening. HELP!!!:cry:
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Dwray- wishing you rapid recovery for your knew surgery. There are so great chair exercise videos if you need to give the knee a rest. I just did one today with a group of older patients who loved it.

Not trying to sound dumb, but I'm not sure what kind of chair exercise video would be good. Is there one in particular that you might recommend??