1235»

Replies

• Lady_Senie
    Lady_Senie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I tried to do the math....

12817950856l66H6.jpg

And I came up with 160lbs. I'm now 158lbs. *shrug*

I like that method best ::giggles:: For me, I'm 5'1.5" with a BMI of 40, so I figured any strides I can make towards the healthy BMI of 22 would be a good thing. I chose 127lbs, because that's the weight I always dreamed of for myself when I was a kid (I've always been chunky). The goal might change as I get closer, but since I'm just starting out, I've got some time to evaluate. No crash diets for me. I'm in it for the long haul! WOOT! ^_^
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I picked 72 kgs (158 lbs) because that just puts me in the healthy BMI range, and I remember being that in my 20s. However, I'm just .5 kg (1 lb) away from that and I still have a spare tire, so I'm not going to be happy at that weight. What has happened is that my pants are loose around the bottom but tight around my middle.

My secondary goal was to get under an 80 cm (31.5 inches) waist, to lower the disease risk, and at the moment my waist is 81 cms.

So, I am now considering trying to get under 70 kgs and see if my waist shrinks. I thought I would be happy in a size 14, but maybe I'd like to shoot for a 10 (which my older sister is now wearing, but it's not a competition ;-) )

GG
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I picked my stable pre-baby weight and added 10 lbs. My pelvis and rib cage are wider now, so it simply takes more muscle and skin to encircle them. I know from past experience that when I get about 5 lbs over that weight, I become ravenously hungry, so that's the absolute lower limit.
  • Nos150
    Nos150 Posts: 150
    Options
    i knew that 300 was to high so take 100 off and that would be a pretty good start :D (my doctor goal for me is is down 120 to be in the proper range.)

(and also hubby is going to by me a iPhone if i loose it, and an iPad if it stays off for one year.
  • dono1323
    dono1323 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i knew that 300 was to high so take 100 off and that would be a pretty good start :D (my doctor goal for me is is down 120 to be in the proper range.)

(and also hubby is going to by me a iPhone if i loose it, and an iPad if it stays off for one year.

I did the same, at 357 I knew 250 would be a good start, and I know it will take me awhile to get there. So I looked at the next 6 months on a calendar and set mini goals at different holidays/weddings/vacations. I try to stay more focused on the mini goals and know the long term goal will come with time!
  • finabella
    Options
    Hi
    I'm 5 2" and my original goal was 125 as this was the weight I was before I was pregnant with the my daughter. I reached that and then went for 121 as this is what I weighed when I got married. I'm now just under 119 and am thinking of going to 114. The problem is I want to look healthy and have muscle definition not look like I'm sick so I'm not aiming for the number as such but more of a certain definition.
  • jovz10
    jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    dart_board.jpg

hehehe!
  • jovz10
    jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I tried to do the math....

12817950856l66H6.jpg

And I came up with 160lbs. I'm now 158lbs. *shrug*

i guess i'll do the same but i'm not very good in math! :D
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    i'm 5"8, currently 116 lbs. 110 lbs is my goal. used to be 105 :)
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    or 5 8" sorry i'm from europe haha, its 173 cm and 50 kg ;)
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    At some point you have to figure out what you can maintain. When I get about to where I was in high school, I'll stop focusing on the numbers and aim for something I can reasonably maintain without starving myself.

Yeah this is my plan too! I want to be able to eat a nice amount each day and have enough to fuel me through my sports.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    where i started gaining weight :(
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I picked 72 kgs (158 lbs) because that just puts me in the healthy BMI range, and I remember being that in my 20s. However, I'm just .5 kg (1 lb) away from that and I still have a spare tire, so I'm not going to be happy at that weight. What has happened is that my pants are loose around the bottom but tight around my middle.

My secondary goal was to get under an 80 cm (31.5 inches) waist, to lower the disease risk, and at the moment my waist is 81 cms.

So, I am now considering trying to get under 70 kgs and see if my waist shrinks. I thought I would be happy in a size 14, but maybe I'd like to shoot for a 10 (which my older sister is now wearing, but it's not a competition ;-) )

GG

I'm the same. I'm 61.5 kg (5 foot 2) and I thought that would be a good goal weight for me, but I still have a bit of a spare tire too. My waist is 82 cm. So I'm gonna try for 58 kg. My goal keeps changing. First I would have been happy to get to 65, then I got there and aimed for 62, now im here i've changed it again. I'll see what I look like when I get to 58 and then reasses.
  • speedycakes
    speedycakes Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I used my BMI and the Goldilocks principal, if 25 BMI is too Fat and 18 BMI is too Thin then 21.5 BMI must be just right, which for me at 5' 8" is 141 lbs. When I get there I'll see how it feels and reassess at that point.
    i'm 5'8 141 was really nice but i have a small frame so i'm aiming for 130.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I picked my goal weight by looking into the healthy BMI range. I did not pick the highest, and certainly did not pick the lowest (because even when I was a thin 5 year old, I was heavier than I looked---and am still heavier than I look). When I was a teenager, I had lost a bunch of weight and was the skinniest I had ever been since I was about 7. I was the same height as now, so I feel that is doable. I will go to that or 5 pounds lighter if possbile.