Replies

• SandersWifey
    Options
    Sex.

Oh, and communication.

^^This LOL :love:
  • J3SSP3NNY
    Options
    Communication and trust goes hand and hand an of course all other factors as well.. But communication is on the top of my list... something my ex could not grasp. But I do hope for someone in the future with great communication. It would make the relationship work :)

This is a great thing to bring up...males and females ideas of communication! I see many many many girls (myself included) who want to beat a subject to death.

Is that bad communication, guys just being unwilling, or are the girls really just talking about it because they want to break down their partner into agreeing with them?!
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    the trick is finding the person who is crazy in the way that you can handle or doesn't bother you. That an lot of communication to make sure you are on the same page as to where you relationship is going and is at.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    "Love conquers all" is a fairy tale. Ill have to get back to you on the other part though.
  • Multistyles
    Options
    Sex.

Oh, and communication.
    I must say this is also extremely important, when this is bad minds start to wander.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Communication and trust goes hand and hand an of course all other factors as well.. But communication is on the top of my list... something my ex could not grasp. But I do hope for someone in the future with great communication. It would make the relationship work :)

This is a great thing to bring up...males and females ideas of communication! I see many many many girls (myself included) who want to beat a subject to death.

Is that bad communication, guys just being unwilling, or are the girls really just talking about it because they want to break down their partner into agreeing with them?!

I see what you mean, but I suppose the communication I am referring to is more of being open and honest, in communicating that way. Communication is broad :)
  • J3SSP3NNY
    Options
    Communication and being attracted to each other. The latter of the 2 seems to be taboo to talk about but sometimes attraction can fade over time.

I agree with attraction.

Attraction is the easy part, IMO. I've been in the relationship where we were super attracted, but our communication was hell. It does NOT work. When I was younger, yeah I thought attraction was important, but really as I've gotten older, I've learned that isn't the case.

I would never go as far as to say it is the most important thing...it is low on the list...but intial attraction does help...right?!
    I tend to not go with SUPER EFFIN HOT dude...but I'm a sucker for a guy with an amazing smile. If he has a great smile I am wild about him.

I personally fins my man extremely attractive, but there's little things that will never leave the older he gets-his smile (duh), his walk, the way he talks with his body, the way he nods yes. Those things are important in attraction.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    My philosophy is this: It's wonderful when you've found something great, but you'll only get to keep it if you continue to work for it. Love is the catalyst. It takes honest understanding and hard work to make a relationship last.
  • J3SSP3NNY
    Options

I see what you mean, but I suppose the communication I am referring to is more of being open and honest, in communicating that way. Communication is broad :)

Open and honesty are extremely important!
  • debussyschild
    Options
    Sex.

Oh, and communication.
    I must say this is also extremely important, when this is bad minds start to wander.

How could I forget to mention sex?!?! No sex = relationship killer. Period!
  • J3SSP3NNY
    Options
    I suppose I should clarify..."love conquers all" was more a debate point...not something I completely believe in.

I did...when I was like 16-18 but realized that, yes, that IS a fairy tale.
  • J3SSP3NNY
    Options
    Sex.

Oh, and communication.

How could I forget to mention sex?!?! No sex = relationship killer. Period!

AGREED! I love the wild, adventurous side to a relationship! :blushing:
  • Multistyles
    Options

Communication is a difficult subject in the fact that men and women communicate differently. A lot of women are long winded and a guys attention span is short. If you don't get to the point quick we start to zone out. And with us most of us talk or explain things quick which gives the illusion that we're trying to hide something. Communication between the genders needs to be approached with logic and reason. Guys and girls need to be aware of each others biological communication flaws.
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It's not a fairy tale, it's a perspective based on work being put into the love. Then it conquers!
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My philosophy is this: It's wonderful when you've found something great, but you'll only get to keep it if you continue to work for it. Love is the catalyst. It takes honest understanding and hard work to make a relationship last.

+1

I highly recommend Fire Proof / The Love Dare, you will learn a lot about yourself
  • debussyschild
    Options
    "Communication is a difficult subject in the fact that men and women communicate differently. A lot of women are long winded and a guys attention span is short. If you don't get to the point quick we start to zone out. And with us most of us talk or explain things quick which gives the illusion that we're trying to hide something. Communication between the genders needs to be approached with logic and reason. Guys and girls need to be aware of each others biological communication flaws." (sorry I accidentally deleted the html quote thingys. you know who you are :))

TOTALLY agree. It takes being sensitive to how you both communicate to make communication mutually satisfying and actually beneficial. If I gabbed my husband's ear off every night, he'd go insane. Likewise, it can be hard for him to realize that his idea of spending time together i.e. falling asleep on the sofa doesn't satisfy my need for "spending time together". Finding the balance between what you both need is the trick. Being honest about what you need is step one to getting there.
  • Alishia_655
    Options
    I don't think you only need love. Every person has their breaking point, and sometimes, once you have snapped, nothing, not even love, can put the pieces back together. You also need Trust, respect, honesty, loyalty, and faith. =)
  • J3SSP3NNY
    Options

+1

I highly recommend Fire Proof / The Love Dare, you will learn a lot about yourself

I downloaded that as an ebook and was JUST thinking about reading it!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    In your opinion what makes a relationship work? Say two people really love each other-but have lots against them...

Does love conquer all barriers? Or does it take more?

I am personally leaning towards both people (in love) will make anything work until they decided not to.

Thoughts?
    :heart:
    Many abused women love their abusers. I don't think that's a working relationship.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • debussyschild
    Options

+1

Will look into it, thanks for sharing!! :flowerforyou: