YOUR SO PRETTY!! ...(FOR A FAT GIRL)

Options
misstasharenee
misstasharenee Posts: 95 Member
OK .. is it just me or do you hate the term "Your pretty for a fat girl!" or "You'll be so pretty IF you loss some weight!" and my personal favorite "You can a pretty face!" - Oh so the rest of me is ugly?? Why can't I just be pretty? Is there any ladies that has gone through this? Or any guys that have told women this before?

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    My family used to give me the old you'd be so pretty if you lost some weight line. Really told me what matters in our society. The way a woman looks always matters more than anything else about her and her looks are entirely dependent on her weight.

No surprise I ended up with major eating disorders for awhile.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    My mother in law has told me "You are too pretty to be so over weight" it pissed me off! My weight has always been a sensitive subject for me. I'm just now ok with telling people how much I weigh because I'm not longer over 200lbs, but even over weight and obese women are human and we have feelings. My MIL has never been overweight in her life maybe when she was pregnant but is that really considered overweight? She was one to lose it all after pregnancy.
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Ive been told I have a fuc%able face....THAT REALLY GOT UNDER MY SKIN!
  • ttalley1
    ttalley1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yea I get the "You have a pretty face" all the time and honestly I'm sick of it. Growing up I used to get the "If you walk around with your tummy sucked in your stomach wouldn't look so big" LOL but I tried not to let that get to me but of course when you're a child ya can't help but feel some type of way. But as long as we know we look good the way we ARE and the way we WILL BE, that is all that matters because society is very superficial.

Keep ya head up ladies!!! WE ARE BEAUTIFUL ALWAYS!!! ;-)
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    another one that get's me is my husband tells me "You're so hot now" I'm like "WTF? I wasn't before? all I did was drop weight."
  • missmarquez2u
    Options
    OK HERES A QUESTION FOR YOU. I STRUGGLE WITH THIS EVERY DAY. DH SAYS IT DOESNT MATTER TO HI IF I LOSE WEIGHT AND HE " DOESNT WANT ME DOING FOR HIM" MY SIL IS SUPER AGAINST IT TOO. SUGGESTIONS ?
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    First I have to say that this topic made me think of that old song by The Offspring "Pretty Fly For A White Guy" :laugh:

I've actually never gotten a comment like that before. If I did, my foot would be so far up someone's *kitten* that they would taste my toe jam. My husband tells me I'm beautiful no matter what but he's supportive of my losing weight because he knows it will make me feel better about myself.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    OK HERES A QUESTION FOR YOU. I STRUGGLE WITH THIS EVERY DAY. DH SAYS IT DOESNT MATTER TO HI IF I LOSE WEIGHT AND HE " DOESNT WANT ME DOING FOR HIM" MY SIL IS SUPER AGAINST IT TOO. SUGGESTIONS ?

Sister in law is just jealous, so I say keep moving forward and stuff her!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Ive been told I have a fuc%able face....THAT REALLY GOT UNDER MY SKIN!

Whoever said that sounds like a person with a very punchable face!
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Got told by my boss the other day that I have a sexy telephone voice as in I am better until you see me in real life. Not on at all.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,645 Member
    Options
    For some reason people think this is the "kind" way to say you're fat. Ironically people who are overweight don't take it as kind.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sheshe32
    sheshe32 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    YUP alot...oh and im so worried about you (you know, your health) LOL Its like sure you are!! Am I an embarassment to you?? Yeah really pisses me off!!
  • springfield5780
    Options
    If I had a dollar for every time someone said I had such a pretty face.....:explode: And then they look at you like you are supposed to drop to your knees and thank them for their kind words......:noway: I got told one time (a compliment of course) "you would look so good if you just lost some of that weight" Oh really now?!

And as far as the SIL oh poop on her! My hunny also tells me that it doesn't matter and yay I'm glad it doesn't but I'M GONNA! He has been very supportive and has even started consulting me on what choices he should make with his food (reason #34654 that I love him)
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Either I'm completely oblivious or I just naturally drift towards people who wouldn't say this sort of thing - can't believe that people think it's ok to say that sort of stuff!

I'd say back I can fix my weight but you'll still have a vile personality, what are you going to do about that?
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    What complete and utter twats say that to someone!

That's like us going, eeeh you're a really nice man, I bet you can't wait for puberty to hit so you develop a normal sized "tail"!!! lol It's plain rude....and you just wouldn't say that to someone!

If you know people like this remove them out of your life...they're toxic and you deserve positivity not critical nastiness flower!
  • Pugly1
    Options
    All women are beatiful and all fathers need to tell their daughters that
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I've had the "you have a pretty face" and one of the worst one i will always remember:

"aww your so cuddley" WHAT!?! DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK THATS A COMPLIMENT!!!!

xxxxx
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    The truth is fat is ugly to these people, and they are just trying to be nice in their own clumsy way.
    It's humiliating.
    My back handed "compliment" from others was "you move fast for a big guy"...lol

Anyway, what people are really saying to us is "you're too fat!"

That's why we're here, so let's support each other, gather our energies and work toward our fitness goals.
    You can do it!
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Only 1 proper response to this compliment

YOU'RE SO THOUGHTFUL, FOR AN ASSH*LE!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Kind of reverse to that...we were on a cruise with a single guy who said he was getting so desperate that he might have to start chasing fat chicks. I challenged him and asked what was wrong with us fat chicks to which he replied that he didn't think of me as a fat chick but as a friend (I am married so don't want him to think of me as anything else.)

His initial comment was definitely thoughtless but I was p,eased he didn't see my weight as any sort of factor in our friendship.