Sleeping with a bra on?(ladies only...I hope)

Options

Replies

• LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    there's no better way to get a dude to look at something than mention bras and ladies only in the same sentence.

i think it has something to do with pillow fights.

and yes, i skipped every single post and response after reading the subject.

LOL
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    For years, a lot of articles with regards to the causes of breast

cancer point to an unhealthy diet and lack of exercise as the major

links to this disease which happens to be the biggest killer among

women during these last two decades. These studies would have been

almost credible if it were not for the fact that several women (including

Linda McCartney) who have been religious vegetarians and exercise-freaks

have also been unfortunate in suffering breast cancer. Perhaps the

most convincing article I have ever read with regards to this matter,

published in Chinese, is one which links breast cancer to the wearing

of bras.

In the "Bra and Breast Cancer Study" in the United States, it was

discovered that women with breast cancer had a history of sporting

tighter and longer bra-wearing than did the women who had not (yet)

developed the disease. In fact, virtually all of the cancer group

wore bras over 12 hours daily with 18% even sleeping with their bras

which means they wore bras 24 hours daily. In contrast, the comparison

groups had 25% of the women either bra-free or wearing bras less

than 12 hours daily. Only 3% of this group slept with their bras

on. This study revealed a significant link between bras and breast

cancer that is three times greater than the link between cigarette

smoking and lung cancer!
  • Mandymessy
    Options
    sports bra here. I am on the larger size and I am just uncomfortable without it
  • carlaj38
    carlaj38 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Nope no bra...:tongue:
  • Chrisborro
    Options
    Only time i wear a bra is if im going somewhere fancy or its summer and i cant hide it under a coat
  • kimziebaby
    kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Way too uncomfy, so no. :)
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I always do. Sometimes a regular bra (even though I know it ruins the bra) but usually a sports bra so I'm ready to work out in the morning. I hate feeling "jiggly" lol and I'm only a 34B!
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm too big. I gotta. But I wear a real loose old cotton sports bra that gives you uniboob and has lost almost all elasticity. Keeps me from floppin' around, but it's loose and comfortable. (TMI, I know.) If I were younger and perkier and thinner, I certainly wouldn't.
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I prefer to sleep in a camisole with one of the built in shelf bras. Its more so when I get up in the morning or I'm walking around before bed, I'm not without support. There aren't any wires and they aren't tight, so it doesn't feel constricting or anything.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant I DID sleep with a sports bra. My breasts were large and it was really uncomfortable. Sleep bras actually keep the tissues in the breast from sagging and stretching. (Prior lactation consultant) I think if you're comfortable, wear one. It's no one's business but your own.
  • ladedahh
    ladedahh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do and have for as long as I can remember. I am really sensitive to friction so I like them to be tamed down. Lol. But glad to see I am not the only one, even if I am in the minority.
  • thpeek
    thpeek Posts: 76
    Options
    The Bra comes off at the first opportunity, I am a large breasted (38 DDD) but the girls gotta breathe and I make sure they do at every opportunity! The only time I wore a bra to bed was while I was pregnant. I find the best way to keep the big girls from sagging is bench pressing, both incline and decline not wearing a bra 24/7!
  • jeclpi
    jeclpi Posts: 28
    Options
    Don't know if you've ever tried Bravissimo (UK - but they definitely do overseas orders) - they do a range of supportive nightwear for the endowed amongst us - I always used to feel embarrassed not to have a bra with night clothes if others around - but these are fab - sexy and supportive and comfortable enough to sleep in!!! (And no - sadly I don't get commission - sigh :laugh:

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/nightwear/#/1?show=16&sort=1
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I wear a bra as little as possible. I'm only a B cup, I can get away with it.

Coincidentally, I was told recently by someone who did jail time that she got busted for sleeping without a bra and they added 3 months to her sentence.
  • forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have heard that it is important not to sleep in a bra so that the lymph glands can drain out at nite to help pervent breast cancer. All I can say is that my sister wore a bra every nite and it might have been a contributing factor (along with dr perscribed meds) in her death from breast cancer since she is the only one that I know of in my family tree that presented breast cancer.
    No way I would ever wear a bra to bed no matter how saggy my girls get. I'd rather live with saggy girls and actually live.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    I think it's obvious that most of us who sleep with a bra on do so based on comfort (having them "free" doesn't feel comfortable to everyone, much to the dismay of every man who goes for the feel-up in the middle of the night and gets a handful of Victoria's Secret), not because of some insane fear of sagging breasts. Having perkier breasts because of it seems to be an unintended side effect.

Cancer claims, however, are unsubstantiated. The vast majority of women who wear bras to bed do not have breast cancer. Correlation =/= Causation
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I have slept with a bra on since highschool when they got too big for it to be comfortable to just let them flop around when I change positions. I was a 34D back then, bigger now and less firm and perky, so yeah always with a bra. No underwire as obviously that wouldn't be very comfortable. LOL Ever since having my first baby, I sleep in comfortable wireless nursing sleep bras. Before babies I just found something soft and comfy. I prefer to have a little support and less floppiness. LOL There are very, VERY few times that I will go braless, and that's out of necessity (shower etc).
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I hate going without a bra, ever! However, my husband has always insisted I sleep naked, so now it is a habit. Sometimes I try sleeping with a t-shirt and/or bra and i end up taking it off because I find it uncomfortable.
  • ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wow, I had no idea so many ladies wore a bra to bed. I haven't worn a bra at any time of day in years, and I've never worn one while sleeping except when I was nursing. But I have an "enhanced" bust and they're still a modest size, so I've never experienced this "flopping" phenomenon. I usually wear cami's with a shelf bra during the day, but even those come off as soon as I get home and I just wear a tank top or undershirt to bed.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    did a quick google search on the whole 'bras and breast cancer' thing

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/16/science/16qna.html

http://breastcancer.about.com/od/riskfactorsindetail/a/bras-breast-cancer.htm

And nothing wrong with it, but I still don't see wearing a bra to bed being at all comfortable! lol

So it IS crap! I'm sitting here going "why would a bra cause a DNA/RNA mutation?" Yeah, it really won't.

Most likely reasons bra wearers were found to have higher incidence of cancer - "wealthier" societies wear them, which also seem to be higher risk for cancer. Larger women tend to sleep with bras more often. Perhaps we are catching it more, too. Lots of potential factors.