Sleeping with a bra on?(ladies only...I hope)

Options

Replies

• DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Bra, no...

Manzier, yes.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Before I had breast reduction the only time I was with out a bra was when I was in the shower. Ever since the girls have been smaller and less heavy, I prefer to sleep with out one.

I'm jealous! Even after my reduction I still wanted one! Of course my reduction left me at a large 38C, and now I'm a 36D. :-(
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options
    No bra I actually sleep in my birthday suite. I heard that sleeping with your bra on increases you chances of getting breast cancer. So ever since I heard that I have slept without.

Interesting. Physiologically I'm trying to figure this one out. Anyone else heard this? Have links? It doesn't make sense in my head, but it's also nearly midnight and I've been up since 6 AM.

I've been trying to figure this one out too. Any thoughts, ladies?
    Either way, my bra ain't coming off, I think it's that I have some weird fear I'll sag...haha I'm a loon.

In my job I have to wear body armour. An email went round from our "union" the other week saying that women should remove their body armour when in the office in order to allow their boobs to cool down, as keeping the temperature unnecessarily high can cause breast cancer.

The email also stated that "...females ARE NOT to wear underwired bras under their body armour..." The direct reason for this was somewhat ambiguous, but further down in the email it stated "...studies show that the use of underwired bras and their associated pressure on the body, can prevent fluid draining from the lymph nodes in the chest and breast areas, which can lead to a build up in toxins in breast tissue and consequently cancer...." I cannot recall the source of the study, but know that my union wouldn't be sending out information like that unless it were true, although I'm thinking that it would have to be a pretty tight fitting bra! It also surprises me that if this is the case, why isn't this information more readily available in the public domain?

Regardless, I still wear a bra in bed and under my body armour. The only time i haven't got one on is when I'm in the shower!!!!

Someone else posted a link showing that the lymph nodes not draining is most likely false. Who knows?
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options
    I think it's obvious that most of us who sleep with a bra on do so based on comfort (having them "free" doesn't feel comfortable to everyone, much to the dismay of every man who goes for the feel-up in the middle of the night and gets a handful of Victoria's Secret), not because of some insane fear of sagging breasts. Having perkier breasts because of it seems to be an unintended side effect.

Cancer claims, however, are unsubstantiated. The vast majority of women who wear bras to bed do not have breast cancer. Correlation =/= Causation

Amen!
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i only slept in a bra when i was nursing so i wouldn't get milk everywhere and then i couldn't wait until i could sleep without it again!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Funny how most of these replies could apply to the men as well, just in another region.
    "letting them hang free"
    "they've got to breath"
    "uncomfortable when restricted"

:bigsmile:
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I do, and always have, my family and friends thinks I am nuts too
  • Manda_H
    Options
    yes, always... i hate the feeling of them uncovered. I am very well endowed and they must be held together or else i squish them/pinch them etc
  • samantha0176
    samantha0176 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    the only time the bra comes off is when i am in the shower,!! well and few other times here and there ;) wires and all! i have to say @35 and 3 kids later they still in a pretty good shape!

samantha
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Almost always. I just feel naked and I'm the one who listened to their mom about "being prepared" if you have to run out of the house in the middle of the night. LOL. It isn't uncomfortable for me at all. I CAN go either way, but it is most "natural" for me to keep it on. Any and all styles will do, though the demi cup CAN get a little annoying when laying on your side. :wink: :laugh:
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty big (38DD) but I need to give my girls their freedom at night! No bra for me!
  • misty_meadows15
    Options
    lol i don't sleep with one anymore
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    I have always slept in my bra. I can't stand not having a bra on (unless I'm in the shower or practicing my reproduction skills).
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    38D, I shed my bra AS SOON as I get inside my house. HATE IT, wear it only in public, and would die if I had to sleep in it.
  • breskittle
    breskittle Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I sleep with a bra. Either an underwire or sports bra depending on how I'm feeling that night.
    I have a 34D size and I don't want these tig ol bitties floppy around and getting rolled over and tied in knots while I'm sleeping.
    Gotta hold dem babies down.
  • ashreneeknutson
    Options
    I'm a 40DD, so yes, I sleep with either a bra or a tight cami that will hold the girls in place. You're not a weirdo. haha.
  • rush2875
    Options
    I like to wear one of my old bigger sports bras that arent that tight to bed. i sleep on my stomach and for some reason the bra helps me feel comfortable.
  • Natalie49
    Natalie49 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't.. but i don't mind wearing one.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I agree with the girl that said....if she's home for a 1/2 hour, the bra is OFF. I find it very uncomfortable to go to bed with one on..... :noway:

12117749.png
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    NO BRA at at night, can't even stand a T-shirt, too restrictive. Spaghetti strap shirt and night gowns is the most (if I wear something). Bra usually comes off at end of work day and a couple days a week.