Sleeping with a bra on?(ladies only...I hope)

Options

Replies

• Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm bigger (36D), but I have to. I pretty much need that support. There is the occasional bra-less night, but overall I have some kind of bra on.

But why do you need support if you're sleeping? I've thought about starting to do this, Im also a 36D, 34Dish. Sometimes Ill wear a tank with a built in bra, but Ill end up taking it off cause my boobs get mushed and hot LOL

They kind of decide to "go their separate" ways if sleeping on my back. On my stomach they bother me, too. And they feel like they are pulling me down if sleeping on my side. I usually wear a comfy bra, though, and then killer push-ups during the day.
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Typically I sleep with a tank top with shelf bra in it. Not confining, but offers some support. I'm 36 and large chested and after seeing what my mom's gone through, and hearing her suggestions, it is the right choice. It works and everything is still pointing way north even after breastfeeding (which my mom never did) so I'll keep on doing it!
  • Nike13
    Nike13 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Nope, I usually can't wait to take mine off at the end of the day.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    nah - as soon as I know I am in for the night, the bra comes off... and sometimes everything else too :wink:
  • carriedavis77
    carriedavis77 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I wear my old baggy sports bras, the ones I shrunk out of.

You are deffinetly not a weirdo LOL... I do the same thing
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    I began taking it off when a friend suggested its best to have it off so it won't make lines on my skin. I sometimes take it off, somtimes keep it on ( when i'm lazy).
  • 8dozendiets
    Options
    Now that I'm older, yes. I feel I need one on all the time.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Nope... The only thing I wear to bed is the belt that holds my insulin pump and I wish I didn't have to even wear that!
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    Defintely not sleeping in a bra. I hate those things. I wear one during the day but not at night.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    If I am home for longer than a half hour, the bra is coming off.

Aww yeeeahhh. Provided I don't have company of course. Haha!
  • TriciaLB
    Options
    Yep, I'm rather big on top and it's uncomfortable letting them hang loose. Plus I read somewhere a long time ago that it helps prevent saggy breasts in big-chested women, and that's always nagged at the back of my mind. My husband hates it though.
  • april92377
    april92377 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've slept wearing a bra on occasions, like camping, but those are rare occasions. It is completely uncomfortable. I needs to let my girls breath.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I DO NOT sleep in any kind of bra! I know the older generation used to say that you should, but I never do! What purpose does it serve? LMBO!
  • Roma_Tee
    Options
    I don't like walking around the house with a bra on. I usally let them out when I get off of work. To sleep in one...ohhhhh no!!!! Not for me :)
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My gynocologist recommended wearing an underwire bra and wearing a bra at night to reduce chances of sagging when I turned 30 (just a standard recommendation she gave out at this stage in life at a routine visit). I wear one about 75% of the time and no issues with sagging thus far (47 years old).
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! I CANNOT sleep with no bra on. Its just....idk. I'm one of those people that has to have her pj's match soooo I guess its just part of that. :P I'm crazy.
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options
    Sleep with a bra on every night since I was about 15. I have to have the girls supported at all times. But I have always had perky boobs. I don't know if it is directly related to that or not.

I was going to say the same thing. I get a lot of comments on the "perkiness" of them especially since I have breastfed 2 children. People think I'm weird too but I am so uncomfortable W/O one.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I just read through all 12 pages of this post....interesting stuff ladies :wink:
  • jlowensby
    Options
    I avoid wearing a bra as often as possible - so that limits me to work and exercise and going out at night without my husband :tongue:

Unless you are fighting a losing war with gravity you really don't need a bra. Saggage is more about genetics than 24/7 support.

ROTF LMAO

Hmmm not so sure if that is correct! My mom's breasts sagged big time at an early age, as did my grandmother....so I have always worn one to sleep in and most of the time...my biggest fears was to have saggy breasts like theirs...So far good...past the age where my mom's started to sag and mine are still looking pretty damn good minus the sag!
  • zps77
    zps77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nope it's too uncomfortable.