What sparked "I'm going to lose that weight!"

Options

Replies

• Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I was looking up a recipe and ran across this sight and thought "WOW I LOVE THIS!" haha Been using it since!! :D:D
  • steamingcoffee
    steamingcoffee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had been losing and gaining back weight for several years now, and not really taking it all that seriously. Then I got gallbladder disease and had to have it removed and found out that diabetes is a huge risk for me so I decided I needed to just take myself and what I do to my body seriously
  • SherNY
    SherNY Posts: 87
    Options
    - the conference room chairs aren't comfortable to sit in
    - i'm almost in the biggest size jeans at the department store
    - in the business world, i hate to say it, it matters if you look fit and together vs overweight which is construed as sloppy and without self control no matter how bright you are
    - my backside is too big to fit roller coaster seats
    - i looked at pictures of me over the last year (what few there are) and said "ohhhh my gosh!" in a very bad way
    - i weigh more now than i ever did pregnant
    - this year's physical put me on the border line of needing meds to control cholesterol...no way am i taking meds when this is totally fixable by me, myself and I. That's really the big wake up call for me.
    - clothes cost more when you need big sizes...that sucks!
    - the clothes i like aren't made in sizes big enough to fit me
    - i WILL be " smokin' " as someone said recently by my next birthday. i'll be 37 in a few weeks. i'm not waiting until 40 to make a change. :)
    - i haven't been healthy size since my freshman year in college which means i have been overweight for 18 years. That is my oldest daughter's entire life. My daughter has never seen me healthy. THAT, friends, is a scary thought for me.

With all that said....it's time to ZUMBA! :)
  • entranced
    Options
    Other girls...
  • alex_dale
    Options
    When the seat on the airline was getting tight
  • alininja1991
    alininja1991 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I want to get into the RAF after I have finished my degree, which I finish may 2014, I spoke to a careers officer and she said I should apply 3 - 4months before I finish my degree, so february 2014 I need to be physically in shape and mentally, and I think 26months is enough for that, in 26months I can be 9stone and be at my peak physical condition and hopefully my body will be toned and tight :)
  • SherNY
    SherNY Posts: 87
    Options
    I hear ya on that one...the last time I was on a plane was 5 years ago and it was tight then. I remember that 4 hour flight felt like 12 trying to squish myself up so I wouldn't infringe on the other passenger's seat. :(
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Where I was so disgusted with my body that I didn't want to look in the mirror anymore.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I didn't like the looks of that heavy lady in our family reunion pictures. I knew I needed to lose weight, but didn't realize how pudgy I was until I saw the photos.
  • WaRachel
    Options
    First, when I found I was "pre-diabetic, had "borderline high blood pressure", and had "slightly high" cholesterol, and realized I was probably only a year or two from having really serious medical problems (I have been heavy all my life, but until I turned 40, all my "stats" were in the healthy range)

Second, looking through our photos and realizing my kids wouldn't have any pictures of me as they grew up, because I always avoided being in the pictures because I hated how I looked.
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    God!! He told me to lose weight.
  • ROCKERFOREVER81
    Options
    To feel in peace with my body, for a healthier lifestyle and because I want to look hot!
  • lizhipwell
    Options
    Being diagnosed with diabetes exactly 300 days ago...also the day I started logging on to mfp...
  • SilentMelody
    SilentMelody Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I had started going to the gym a little because I wanted to get into better shape. I wanted to look good in a bathing suit. I wanted to be able to like how I looked again. I wanted to be able to take pictures with my friends and not be worried about looking fat. But what really got me going head on was when I talked to my Coast Guard recruiter and he told me that the max weight was 160 or so. I was 225 at the time. That was a real swift kick in the butt.

That and I'm getting my scuba certification soon and no one wants to see all of this in a wetsuit lol
  • hsnbro
    hsnbro Posts: 55
    Options
    family history, and to look hot for my wife !
  • hsnbro
    hsnbro Posts: 55
    Options
    and gal stones
  • Sweetchaos66
    Sweetchaos66 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    When my daughter said "Who ever loves them self raise your hand" I couldn't raise my hand because I don't love myself the way I am right now. And seeing that scale hit a number I never wanted to see made me want it even more.

Awww- I have had moments like that. It makes me teary. I am working really hard to be the way my amazing daughter sees me. For me it was a ton of reasons- health, self loathing , scale kept going higher and higher..
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I saw a picture of just how fat I was, and my wife confessed that she was no longer attracted to me.
    OUCH!
    I lost 65 lbs, and about three quarters into that, she started to initiate physical intimacy once again. We're back on track, and she compliments me on my success.

But I shall never forget that feeling of utter emotional devastation.

She'd better NEVER get fat!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Nothing really. I just realized that if was going to walk 2 miles every day (taking my kids to school), I wanted something to show for it.
  • KCrandi
    KCrandi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I was on pinterest, and it clicked that I'm the only person in control of my body. I didn't want to be the "fat" friend anymore when I went out with my girlfriends, I've wanted to have a nice body my whole life. All it takes is effort. Then I joined MFP and the rest is history :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!