T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team!! ~~~> Week 14

Replies

• indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristi - I can't get the quote thing done correctly but the part where you talk about being happy with your life now and enjoying this phase - that is how I feel. I so don't want it to stop either. The funny thing is people have notice and complimented on the change in attitude than the weight change. Which is okay with me, I am losing weight for me and becoming myself- I am not out there fishing for compliments.(although yes I do appreciate them- haha). When the subject of weight comes around, I always tell them, "When you are ready for a lifestyle change - not ready to diet, - but make a few changes in your life - call me. I will show you the easiest website, exercise with you and even cook with you.But don't jump into it til YOU are ready. Just cause I lost weight, don't do this out of envy, jealousy or whatever."

Manda1111 - what a moment. thanks for sharing - it was very inspiring

L14G, Lulu, Adopt4 - thanks for the comments. I truly appreciated them. I do thank God for you all everyday. It helps so much to have some place to come for support, motivation and suggestions

Li4G - awesome looking yard. my friends have 10 goldfish outside and they all 10 survived through the winter. we were all thrilled when they did.

Nitag - wow girl what a stress relieve on the refinancing thing. Congratulations girl

Well my son and I celebrated Mother's Day yesterday - daughter- in - law had to work. He bought me a hibiscus tree which is totally gorgeous and went to lunch. although he said we could go to a local fancy steak restaurant here, I asked if we could go to Arby's. With TOM due to arrive soon and feeling some bad affects from it this time, I had researched calories and sodium from Arby's and already logged it so I could stay on track. He had no problem with it. Infact he was kind of proud of the decision I had made for myself. He understood. Had a fantastic time and real good talk

Any hibsucus growers on here, let me know any tips on growing these plant cause I so want to see it bloom and not kill it.

Everyone - enjoy your day! I will try and check in before work. have put in 90 minutes of walking tapes - gonna go add 21 more before church.
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Good Morning Team...

mothersdayflower.gif

Hope all the Mothers enjoy the day......

Of coarse My sisters are all coming over my house and my step mother and my dad along with my mother and step father... we are just doing dinner here everyone is bringin a dish!!! ...... seems like I have weird parents.. but they have all grown to get along!!! so we have holidays together... such a weird bunch!!!

sheila
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Happy Mothers Day to all you mommies out there..

It was a beautiful day here yesterday.. We replaced some dead plants and a dead tree... I got a Blooming Dwarf Apple tree for the front yard.. Maybe I will post a before and after pic this week.. Today is a visit to my Mom and Dad's house in Reno. I am actually looking really forward to seeing them.. My granddaughter is pretty sick.. My daughter called me last night and says she has been running a pretty high fever so she didn't know if they would make it.. I'm sad she is always sick... :frown: and it makes me really sick..

Okay I am jumping on the chocolate milk wagon with all you milk losers... I glass a day is my goal.. Can I have that goal???

Adopt4, I've been driving around with that box of pants all week in the back of my car and forgot all about it till yesterday when we were putting plants back there.. I'm sorry, I will get those out tomorrow..

On a good note, I tried on all my capris that didn't fit me the last few years and guess what.... they still don't fit me but now they are too big.. whoot whoot... Off to old navy for some smaller ones... hope they are having a sale, I only plan on being in them for a month or so..

Everyone have a wonderful day...

anita
  • nitag
    Sheila,
    Here's a story for ya.. My first husband and I married when we were 16, we were married for 17 yrs. We divorced when I realized I loved him as a brother and I had fallen in love with someone else, not something I am proud of but it happened.. It was a tuff divorce but we all got through it.. He is to this day my very best friend and I love him with my whole heart.. He comes to my house(NV) from CA about 4 x's a year and stays with me and my husband. Sometimes he brings his girlfriend and her son sometimes he doesn't.. At first my husband was weirded out by it but once he got to know him he seriously asked me why I divorced him. I was honest... He is the best father I know as well as the best friend I have.. The other day he called to check on things up here "kids and grandkids" and we talked for 2 hrs.. Sometimes it's weird but mostly its just fine. We decided when we were going through our divorce that it would never be about money and it would always be about our kids and it has been..When we settled on child support, I decided that I didn't want it, I didn't want to depend on it and I at that time didn't need it. He in turn opened up checking accounts for the kids and deposited money into that monthly for them to have. My kids saved it and both bought cars when they were old enough. Pretty much he is the perfect X lol.. Not because he has a fat check book, but because he uses it to really help our kids out. He has given me money when I needed it, has kept me in my home when I needed it but honestly he is the best father I know... My family loves him dearly.. So having a close family is really a great thing, even when there was/is a divorce..

Nitag
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Happy-Mothers-Day-Daisy.jpg
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms! Hope its a super day! :flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Any hibsucus growers on here, let me know any tips on growing these plant cause I so want to see it bloom and not kill it.

Here is what my green thumb knows about hibiscus:

1.) They are VERY pretty plants that are alot like humans in terms of temperature control. They like it best between 60-80 degrees outside. Under 50 degrees and they will stop blooming until it warms up again. Over 90 and they will wilt and you could see some blooms or flower buds fall off. Definitely keep them in a warm location, but dont let them get too hot.

2.) Keep it well watered, but not soggy and not sitting in a saucer of water. Too much water can cause fungus of the roots and kill the plant. You wanna keep it from going from wet to dry and vice versa. It prefers moist, damp soil and warm temperatures. These do great with those water globe waterers!
    If it gets too warm, you can lightly spray the leaves with water and they will come back.

3.) You'll want to feed it regularly to keep it blooming. Find a plant food that has some good minerals in it like iron, zinc and copper. Stay away from the ones that say "Super Bloom" because they have too many things that are not good for this particular plant. If you dont wanna have to worry about feeding it all the time, try a time release food like Osmocote or plant it in soil with time release fertalizers built in. That one is pretty easy to find and can be used in other containers also for many other kinds of plants. Make sure you follow the instructions on the food to keep from over/under fertilizing it.

4.) if your gonna put the plant into a bigger pot, only go up one size. So in other words, if it is currently in a 2 gallon pot and you want to replant it, plant it in a 3 gallon pot. Also, make sure you use a good potting soil with good drainage and make sure the pot has good drainage as well (a hole in the bottom)

When potting up my plants I use the Miracle grow water retention garden soil. We have a large deck with lots of potted plants on it that gets pretty hot, so the water retention soil helps to keep the plants moist for 24 hours before I water again. I also used this type of soil in my garden boxes and my veggies got HUGE. There is already fertalizer and plant food in it, so I never had to add anything the first year in terms of feeding the plant.

Enjoy your new pretty flower!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    So, my kids are gone to thier dads today. MIL is going to SIL house for the day. My mom now lives in another state. So, Im sorta bummed. Just gonna hang out at home and get some stuff done.

Its looking pretty nice outside today. Will probably end up at Lowes to get some more potting soil, then off to the organic greenhouse to get my zucchini and cucumber plants. Dont really need much of anything else. Gonna thin my bamboo bush and do some other gardening today while I can take advantage of it not raining. Also gotta hit the pet store and get some more fishes, or I may actually go to the pond place if its open and see what they have for water plants and fish. The goldfish are doing great, but would be cool to see what they have in terms of other water creatures for my tiny little pond. Also need to find something to keep the alge from growing.

I did adopt4's ab workout of Friday night and didnt think it did much for me. Then last night (24 hours later) my abs started to ache.. :happy: Looks like it did more than I thought! I did 3 reps of 10 of each and man, they work!!! Im sore! :happy: Good to know I got those muscles worked! It a tolerable soreness.

Have a happy mothers day everyone and enjoy your family time :happy:
  • swignal
    Sheila,
    Here's a story for ya.. My first husband and I married when we were 16, we were married for 17 yrs. We divorced when I realized I loved him as a brother and I had fallen in love with someone else, not something I am proud of but it happened.. It was a tuff divorce but we all got through it.. He is to this day my very best friend and I love him with my whole heart.. He comes to my house(NV) from CA about 4 x's a year and stays with me and my husband. Sometimes he brings his girlfriend and her son sometimes he doesn't.. At first my husband was weirded out by it but once he got to know him he seriously asked me why I divorced him. I was honest... He is the best father I know as well as the best friend I have.. The other day he called to check on things up here "kids and grandkids" and we talked for 2 hrs.. Sometimes it's weird but mostly its just fine. We decided when we were going through our divorce that it would never be about money and it would always be about our kids and it has been..When we settled on child support, I decided that I didn't want it, I didn't want to depend on it and I at that time didn't need it. He in turn opened up checking accounts for the kids and deposited money into that monthly for them to have. My kids saved it and both bought cars when they were old enough. Pretty much he is the perfect X lol.. Not because he has a fat check book, but because he uses it to really help our kids out. He has given me money when I needed it, has kept me in my home when I needed it but honestly he is the best father I know... My family loves him dearly.. So having a close family is really a great thing, even when there was/is a divorce..

Nitag

Anita - That i great when things like this happens.. here is another funny one for you.. My mother and Step father went on Vacation together with my Father and step Mother stayed in a condo together for a week... My mother and step father showed my father and step mother around because they had been there several times before!!! and that wasnt even with any of us kids LOL.. and My father always helps my mother out.. when she needs money and us kids are all grown.. shot I am the baby and I am going to be 39 this year!!!!

Take care

Sheila
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    So your families are like weird in that they get along... with hubby's and mine, nobody gets along! We're major dysfunctional! Oh well at least i have a good relationship with my parents now and that's good enuf for me, they are excellent grandparents and love all our kids, even the ones they haven't met yet.

Didn't do nuttin' for M day, my hubby is in SUCH trubble... thought he could at least have the boys draw me a picture or something for moms day. Grrr... And here I am, planning a surprise party for his bday in 2 weeks... you say, what? A surprise party in 2 weeks? Yeah, cuz I KNEW last year he'd have another one THIS year... he doesn't get that... it's always the 'day of' and then he says, you didn't save me any money to buy you anything. and my response, well, gee, hunny, you didn't have 364 days to figure something out?

As I'm writing the guest list for his party, I'm getting a little peeved... only ONE couple has ever invited us to dinner (LI4G & morgolis) and we've had these people over multiple times and fed them GOOD food, expensive stuff, not cheap crap... and they never invite us back. Ever. So I'm having an internal fight with myself about it. But I really want to throw him a surprise bday party, but I swear, the friends we have just like us for our parties and food. Am I cheap if I ask everyone (except li4g!) to bring something???

Guess me and my funk will go watch tv now.
  • indianagranny
    LI4G - thank you very very much for printing the information for me. I truly appreciate it. I am sure now I will be able to enjoy my pretty little flower even more. Sorry about you being bummed today. Way to go on the ab work - out. I need to reread those and target my abs more. Seems to be where the fat is hanging.
  • LosingIt4good
    So your families are like weird in that they get along... with hubby's and mine, nobody gets along! We're major dysfunctional! Oh well at least i have a good relationship with my parents now and that's good enuf for me, they are excellent grandparents and love all our kids, even the ones they haven't met yet.

Didn't do nuttin' for M day, my hubby is in SUCH trubble... thought he could at least have the boys draw me a picture or something for moms day. Grrr... And here I am, planning a surprise party for his bday in 2 weeks... you say, what? A surprise party in 2 weeks? Yeah, cuz I KNEW last year he'd have another one THIS year... he doesn't get that... it's always the 'day of' and then he says, you didn't save me any money to buy you anything. and my response, well, gee, hunny, you didn't have 364 days to figure something out?

As I'm writing the guest list for his party, I'm getting a little peeved... only ONE couple has ever invited us to dinner (LI4G & morgolis) and we've had these people over multiple times and fed them GOOD food, expensive stuff, not cheap crap... and they never invite us back. Ever. So I'm having an internal fight with myself about it. But I really want to throw him a surprise bday party, but I swear, the friends we have just like us for our parties and food. Am I cheap if I ask everyone (except li4g!) to bring something???

Guess me and my funk will go watch tv now.

Hon, I know EXACTLY what you mean. After what happened over Christmas with a set of my friends (you know which ones) I will not be inviting some people to our BBQ get togethers, simply because we can not afford to feed everyone and thier significant others all the time. There are a couple of our mutual friends tho that just dont have dinner parties. This is where things like trading the use of thier swimming pool for a home cooked dinner is... no doubt a great idea! LMAO!

TOTALLY ask people to bring a dish, especially if this is a family friendly thing and kids are gonna be there. Make it a potluck type party fo sure! AND...I gotta say.... I would be HIGHLY offended if you DIDNT ask me to make your hubby's b-day cake since I already bought 5 boxes of Duncan Hines cake mix at Safeway this past week. (they had them buy 2 get 3 free so I stocked up..LOL...I KNEW there was a reason for me to need 5 freaking boxes of cake mix!!!) You know how I am about coupon shopping while its on sale stuff.

Moms day was a bust up until about 20 minutes ago for me. Morgolis and I spent a good majority of the day working in the yard digging weeds, rototilling, planting veggies and spreading barkdust. God we were just both spent! Hubby came in and headed up to take a shower, I got out the hose to water the planted stuff and my oldest daughter, Shelby, poked her head out the back door and said "Hey mom!! come here!" So, I shut off the water and headed inside. She had stopped by with 2 of her friends. They had brought me 2 personal sized homemade pizza's made with fat free cheese and pineapple chunks and a bottle of sparkling apple cider. :happy: You have NO idea how happy I was to see healthy FOOD, already cooked and ready to eat sitting on my counter after having worked in the yard all day. I was soooo sore, the last thing I wanted to do was think about cooking and I sure as heck didnt want to go out to eat. :laugh: So... I am a happy momma that at least 1 of my 3 kids remembered me on mothers day. The other 2, Im sure will call later tonight when Shelby tells them that "they better call or else!" LOL

Off to curl up on the couch and watch a movie since Im too sore to do much of anything else.. :wink:
  • swignal
    Just stoping in to say good night... My day went out Nice for the most part cuz I did spend it with my family, although I wish it was a bit nicer outside... and I wish my daughter wasnt so mean....she didnt help me clean anything with company coming over... I had to do dishes cook ect ect... my youngest heard me complaining and tryed to mop the floor... and she was carrying the bucket of water and ended dumping it all over the floor...I cant be mad cuz she was trying... I just had more things to clean!!!

Well anyway dinner did turn out Great... and I was with family so thats all that maters..

nite nite

going to get up go Tan then to my dad's to weigh in... then to gym to work out... see you all in the morning...

Sheila
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Hi, everyone! Spent the day with family - I had a great time. My mom bought ME something for mother's day! I mentioned to her a while back that I thought I should look for a toaster oven, because now that it is just me in the house, it often makes no sense to heat up the oven. Went to my sister's, we had grilled salmon, grilled veggies (asparagus, zucchini and Yukon gold taters and a couple of salads. For desert, they had strawberries dipped in sour cream and then dipped in brown sugar! Decadent.! I had plain strawberries. We called my niece that is in the Philippines. It was a very enjoyable time. My family is not much on the drama front.

Love you all! Take care!

:drinker: here's to our chocolate milk fix! :drinker:

Kristi
  • Mothers Day is almost over. I wanted to report that my kids brought presents - pictures of my 3 yr old and me, and earrings. Very nice. My husband has been working hard all week and did not want to cook. We went out and I had a HALF of a chef salad. That's it!
    Also, it was sooo nice out this morning when I went for my walk I added a few extra minutes just to listen to the birds and enjoy the sunshine. It's not always about the "burn" of exercise. After supper tonight I convinced my hubby and daughter to walk to the park instead of sit in front of the tv. I love nice weather!:glasses:
  • stillkristi
    healthy mom - that was a great post. isn't it nice to do more stuff that involves more movement than grabbing the remote!

Oh, Lisa, almost forgot to say, nice new pics! Good to see you!
  • swignal
    Good Morning Team,

Well I am heading out bit of a busy day have to take my other son to the dr.. then going to my dads to weigh in... then to Tan.. then to the gym... then home to cook dinner...Its left over night!!!

well I have pretty much everything ready so that I can pack soon...

Tomorrow is going to be busy to getting up early and driving down to our camper, we have to mow the lawn and open our camper... yippie... I didnt want to go down there but I have to have it done by the holiday week end and we wasnt planing on going to the camp ground until after I got back... grrr... now I have to go before I leave ... and squeeze it into my busy week... it cant interupt my work out schedule...( water areobic)... LOL

Love the New Pitcure Indianagranny

Love th great story's about mothers day..

Sheila
  • stillkristi
    Morning everyone! How are you all? Like Sheila, today will be a busy day for me, not running around, but catching up on paperwork. I have been getting lax on work paperwork, cuz its not my favorite. :ohwell: I started going through a bunch of old clothing and have come to the realization that I really prolly don't have anything worth wearing in smaller sizes. Its been so long they are hopelessly out of date. :grumble: A few dresses, and some shirts and blouses. So, I may have to do some shopping, mixed blessing. Like Nita, I don't plan on being this size very long. But, I guess thats really a happy thought - but it bugs me to buy stuff I won't use long.

Oh well. gotta get busy exercise, work, lawn in that order today. Take care everyone!
  • nitag
    Good Morning All. I don't have time to read all the posts from yesterday, I will catch up when I get to work if it's slow this morning..

Exercise: I've decided I am going to post it daily...

43 mins of Walk Away the Pounds - Burnt 427 calories burnt - 3 mile walk

75 crunches

Hopefully tonight I won't be too pooped to do some more..

Today I am going to follow the plan
    Drink all my water - 84 ozs is my goal..
    I will log all my food..
    I will stay positive.
    I will not let people get to me today..

Everyone have a wonderful day...

Anita
  • indianagranny
    Good Morning Gang,

Thanks for the comments on the pic Kristi and Sheila. There are more on my profile page I wanted to use one of me standing up but it cuts my head off so used that one.

Healthymom - yeah to going on the walk.

I have to share this with you guys - I just hopes it makes since. I have worked nights for this factory 11 years next month. I love what I do - just can't stand upper management. Well they "supposely " random drug test. Still fine - no problem Whenever it happens they do at least ten to fifteen per shift. I haven't probably been picked in at least eight years. Lose 26 pounds and guess who is the only one to go for a drug test today. I never laughed so hard in all my life - boy did they ever waste good money today on me. Oh well! This has only made me more determine (sp) to lose the next 30 pounds. Thanks to them very much.

Also if I don't post too much the next two weeks, we are getting ready to go into inventory and the next four weeks are going to be rough. We already have to work Thursday night this week. Like I said above I want to lose more and right now I have another good mind set - so I will be exercising a lot and reading through the post at least depending on time. So know I am still trying to keep up with you, need your support and still lurking - JUST REAL BUSY AT WORK

Sheila - I know you will babe put I am going to tell you right now - you enjoy your trip and bring back lots of pics. I enjoy looking at them. I will miss you but you deserve this. Good Work Girl!

Lulu - I am a scale stepper person - will you please get your padded slippers out - my weight is up just a little but TOM should strike by the end of the week. I am going after the water after I get off here. But had to say this cause I still have a few "oh no " feelings in me. I know what it is - I just have to keep working through it.

Have a good day all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!