Diet Tribe - 30 Pounds in 90 Days!

Options

Replies

• anewday
    anewday Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join your tribe?:bigsmile:

HI! Of course not. Post your start weight and goal weight. We weigh in every monday. Good luck!!!:bigsmile:
  • natie1971
    natie1971 Posts: 13
    Options
    CW 175lbs
    GW 130lbs
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options

Hello and welcome aboard! :drinker:
  • bsdurdak
    bsdurdak Posts: 14
    Options
    Can I join too? I know it's already one month in, but I need to lose as much weight as possible by the end of the summer.
    I'm donating a kidney to my father and I need to lose weight before they will let me.

So, I'm working out twice a day and I'm on a low fat diet.

30 pounds in 90 days would work perfect for me.

Becky:love:
  • anewday
    anewday Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Can I join too? I know it's already one month in, but I need to lose as much weight as possible by the end of the summer.
    I'm donating a kidney to my father and I need to lose weight before they will let me.

So, I'm working out twice a day and I'm on a low fat diet.

30 pounds in 90 days would work perfect for me.

Becky:love:

Wow, what a reason! Of course you can join and good lucK:bigsmile: Post your weight and goal weight, weigh in is on Modays.
    :flowerforyou:
  • NickiRae
    NickiRae Posts: 28
    Options

Its NEVER too Late!!! Welcome to the the "Diet Tribe"!!! Good Luck:happy:
  • bsdurdak
    Options
    I am doing a low fat diet that I am trying to do by myself.

Is that the best way to do it or is there a better lowfat diet that someone can recommend?

I am following the 1,200 calories recomended by this site, pretty well. Sometimes I find it hard to get all 1,200 in. I am not a fruit person, so I have been increasing that a little and it is helping me with the extra calories.

I also have not been eating until after I work out. (for lunch) and I am finding that I am eating less by doing that.

Becky
  • NickiRae
    Options

Is that the best way to do it or is there a better lowfat diet that someone can recommend?

I am following the 1,200 calories recomended by this site, pretty well. Sometimes I find it hard to get all 1,200 in. I am not a fruit person, so I have been increasing that a little and it is helping me with the extra calories.

I also have not been eating until after I work out. (for lunch) and I am finding that I am eating less by doing that.

Becky

I have found that there is really not a good "low fat diet" Just watch your calories get in your exercise and eat lots of fruits and veggies. The problem with certain diets like south beath and atkins is that you have to follow them religiously and if you get off track just one bit then you gain all the weight back. My mom has tried every diet out there but real life doesnt consist of these foods! You have to have will power and strength! My opinion is just to stick to low calories, watch your fat intake and burn at least 500 calories a day.... It seems to work for me. I have lost a good amount of weight this way. For me its hard to go on certain diets cause my stomach is sensitve and my fiance doesnt believe in eating small meals! What he cooks for dinner I eat. i just watch my portions and make sure that I have not comsumed too many colories during the day. Breakfast is usually dry ceral or oatmeal, lunch half a sandwich w/100 calorie bag of cheez-its or a fruit, or just a salad with 100 cal snack. Drink lots of water it keeps you from snacking all day and its good for you!
  • Brandiann
    Options

Becky

Hi Becky and welcome! :flowerforyou: Great cause for joining this team, I wish you much success. I started the "Body For Life" challenge and it's going very well. I still eat between 1200-1400 calories a day but it also shows you how to eat 6 times a day and provides you with a weight training program and well as cardio. Cardio is only 20 minutes, 3x's a week doing HIIT (High Intense Interval Training) sessions that are effective. Weight training is 3 times a week also and you have a free day to eat whatever you want, but doesn't mean go over board. Maybe you should look into it. It is low-fat as well.

Smiles,
    Brandi
  • bsdurdak
    Options
    I have only started dieting about 1 week now.
    I haven't had any issues with sticking with the low calorie diet I'm on.

I started working out. 20 minutes treadmill and then 20 minutes on the bike at work. ( I only get 1 hour for lunch and I have to shower, so I can't do more than that, unfortunetly)

So, I have started taking some classes at night too.
    I am doing Zumba (very high impact Zumba!) on Thursday nights and Cardio Kickboxing on Tuesday nights. I like taking the time at night for myself and going to these classes. I am thinking about uping that and doing a class every night.
    My hope is that I will see a larger drop in the weight. ( I lost 5 pounds this first week)

I know as I am writing this that it sounds to aggressive. But I am on a very tight time frame and I really want to do all I can while I am still very very motivated.

Does that sound crazy??:huh:
  • Brandiann
    Options
    I have only started dieting about 1 week now.
    I haven't had any issues with sticking with the low calorie diet I'm on.

I started working out. 20 minutes treadmill and then 20 minutes on the bike at work. ( I only get 1 hour for lunch and I have to shower, so I can't do more than that, unfortunetly)

So, I have started taking some classes at night too.
    I am doing Zumba (very high impact Zumba!) on Thursday nights and Cardio Kickboxing on Tuesday nights. I like taking the time at night for myself and going to these classes. I am thinking about uping that and doing a class every night.
    My hope is that I will see a larger drop in the weight. ( I lost 5 pounds this first week)

I know as I am writing this that it sounds to aggressive. But I am on a very tight time frame and I really want to do all I can while I am still very very motivated.

Does that sound crazy??:huh:

I don't thing it sounds crazy but just be careful not to over do it. Google "HIITT" and read about it, you want a cardio workout that is going to burn calories after you've worked out not just while you are working out. Also maybe limiting your carbs just a little can help get you results faster and drinking lots of water.

Great job on the 5lb lose! :drinker:
  • natie1971
    natie1971 Posts: 13
    Options
    I will be meeting with a personal trainer on Monday and she will work with me to reach my goal.

I can't wait. With the motivation from these groups and from a personal trainer, I'm sure I will get this done.
  • Brandiann
    Options
    I will be meeting with a personal trainer on Monday and she will work with me to reach my goal.

I can't wait. With the motivation from these groups and from a personal trainer, I'm sure I will get this done.

That is going to be good, a personal trainer... someone who can push you to your limits!
  • NickiRae
    Options
    :smile: :glasses:

Happy Friday Y'all!!! And to the mother's Happy Mothers Day weekend!
  • Brandiann
    Options
    mothers_day_graphics_16.gif

T.G.I.F everyone, enjoy your weekend and eat healthy!
  • csanchez39
    csanchez39 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

I am really excited because tomorrow is my weigh in! I know I didnt reach the 15 pound goal but I started a new life change. Which is better than winning any amount of money.

I feel so much better and healthier! I cant beleive I was soooo big....I still have long way to go but I now have the motivation to get there.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY WEEKEND TO EVERYONE!
  • carrie1
    carrie1 Posts: 8
    Options
    :bigsmile: i hope everyone has a great weekend and we all make healthy choices. for me it's going to be hard going home for mother's day. mom's home cooking always does me in! lol:drinker:
  • FitMomRunning
    FitMomRunning Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was VERY lucky to lose weight this week...I don't know why I've had such a hard time watching my calories this week! But the weight loss is slowing down so I have got to get back to it.

Starting weight 04/13/09: 145.0
    90 day goal: 115.0

04/19/09: 143.2 (-1.8)
    04/26/09: 141.4 (-1.8)
    05/03/09: 139.6 (-1.8)
    05/10/09: 138.6 (-1.0)
    05/17/09:
    05/24/09:
    05/31/09:
    06/07/09:
    06/14/09:
    06/21/09: