BE HONEST! How does this look?

Options

Replies

• bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i can't see the pics (i'm at work and the computer won't let me look), but i say that if you're going to be uncomfortable in a skirt, get yourself some really nice and well fitting dress trousers. you can wear them with heels and a nice top, look classy, funky, accessorise the crap out of it, and be comfortable all at the same time.

i wanted to get dressed up for a xmas night out and thought i'd go with a skirt. i was uncomfortable and self conscious, and ended up changing right before we went out. it doesn't matter what you wear, people are going to be able to tell if you're not in a happy place.
  • tegla
    tegla Posts: 132
    Options
    No.. :flowerforyou:
    Sorry , I know you work hard, but it's not a flattering skirt, I like the black tights but the outfit is not dressy, and the skirt is too .. well tight. I wouldn't wear the top either, only because it's short sleeved, so maybe a pretty cardigan, but the skirt has to go...

Have a lovely party, I know you'll look good, it's great that you care. : ) :drinker:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i think that it's perfect for office/day look. but for a more formal thing, you are going to want something different. OR - dress it up with accessories. get a big FLASHY red/black pashmina and plenty of sparkle, and that will dress up easily. i think a big pashmina might make you feel more comfortable as well.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    hmmmm I am a classy almost 40 something - and all my friends are a mix of older and younger.

I don't like the outfit. I wouldn't wear it anywhere if I'm being honest. And if one of my best friends put it on I would say they should change.

The skirt looks far too tight and the colors cut you in half which not flattering at all.....

Do you have an alternate outfit you can share? Is this a house party?
  • EnufAlready
    EnufAlready Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love many of the outfits that have been suggested. The red wrap dress is beautiful. whatever you choose, I'm looking forward to a picture of you ready to impress!
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    A different colour top & skirt will not give you a classy look neither will animal print tights. Stick to one colour, black is flattering & classic but red or purple are good too, especially if you want a younger look. funk the outfit up with chunky original jewelery, let that express your personality.

and have to agree with the others, it's great that you are proud of your curves but too tight is not a great look. find something in the right size & You will look awesome.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    You look good in the outfit. You and I have similiar shapes. I'm not quite sure it is the "classy outfit" though. I'm not sure if you went to this or not. Sorry I am so late checking this out for you. I can only say maybe ask someones you know what they are wearing. I like the advice I have read on here already. Sorry I couldnt be much more help:( Hope you had or have or will have fun :))
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    just thinkin....all black, or red dress with killer heels and jewelry to POP off of it:)) That's what I would wear:))
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Not appropriate for a classy event, but it is cute. It's too fitted for a "classy event" & the zebra print tights don't quite fit into that type of area either. Def keep the outfit in mind for some other type of event though!
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a great pick for a "classy" night out. It looks to me more like something to wear to the pub on Friday night, not to a more formal do.
    I also don't think the skirt is very flattering, I wouldn't be comfortable in something quite that tight. The top looks fine, but just not very dressy.

I honestly dont htink it looks good, specially for what you described for.
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome! Add a necklace and you'll be set!
  • wendyw8
    wendyw8 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I think that the skirt needs to be worn a little higher with a dressier top though!! And maybe no tights, or natural tights.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    You look like you're doing great on your healthy journey here, BUT I think that is way too tight/short for the look you're going for. I'd go for something a little more classic, and more on the 'fitted' rather than 'tight' line, kwim?
  • Hummmingbird
    Hummmingbird Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    NO ZEBRA PRINT! Maybe for a bar or something, but for a formal party, especially if you are dressing to impress....its a little tacky
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Why not wear a nice pant set....get a nice blouse and jewelry...no sense to force the dress/skirt if you dont normally wear one..they have some very very classy ladies suits that can hug in all the right places...and snag a killer set of heels!...u should look at some retro shops online.....
  • PaulaDDN
    PaulaDDN Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Nope... not classy at all, the skirt is too tight, you can use some spanx (i wear them and they make miracles with your body, you are wearing too tight underear also. The zebra print.... pls i hope you were jocking. I dont think you are too tick for this outfit, is not you, is the utfit. Keep on the good job with your diet!!
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    As a guy looking at you I am thinking that the outfit is too tight. Also as far as classy goes I would look for a black dress with nude or tan stockings and make the shoes your focal point. Did I just say that?
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I think that the skirt needs to be worn a little higher with a dressier top though!! And maybe no tights, or natural tights.

I agree with you. If you are going to wear this outfit, by bringing it up higher, it will smooth out the look. I would add a big thick black belt at the waist.... it will accentuate the smallest part on your body....and throw on a nice "bling" necklace....and you are ready to go.
  • kansasgal19
    kansasgal19 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow. I can't believe some of the responses you got on this post.

First - no one else knows exactly what kind of party it is because we can't derive that from just a one sentence description. Are these folks your friends? If so, it wouldn't matter.

Second - it's ironic to me that we are all on this site because we have goals for fitness and now we feel like we can judge others? That, is not classy in my opinion.

You looked great in the outfit. Very cute. But, that is not my call - you have to like how you look at the end of the day.
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Wow. I can't believe some of the responses you got on this post.

First - no one else knows exactly what kind of party it is because we can't derive that from just a one sentence description. Are these folks your friends? If so, it wouldn't matter.

Second - it's ironic to me that we are all on this site because we have goals for fitness and now we feel like we can judge others? That, is not classy in my opinion.

You looked great in the outfit. Very cute. But, that is not my call - you have to like how you look at the end of the day.

I agree. I've noticed there are a lot of people criticizing others for all sorts of things. I don't want to be a part of it, although I think a lot of people look just fine no matter what...because to me personality says it all. I know I commented and I think she looked great in the outfit. :)