Wow I really dont want to hear that

Options
Maybe its just me. But I gota vent.

Its really REALLY annoying to me when I hear a chick that weighs probably a buck 30 wet call herself fat.

Its like WOW if you think your fat I must be a friggin whale.

Just saying.

Its annoying.....

Thats all.

Replies

• krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Some people have body issues. Even those who weigh 15lbs soaking wet. She probably really does think shes fat. So instead of strangling her with a belt in the corner, just concentrate on how great your looking.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Its really REALLY annoying to me when I hear a chick that weighs probably a buck 30 wet call herself fat.

Just saying.

Its annoying.....

Thats all.

Everyone has their own body image issues. In that woman's mind, she IS fat. It has nothing to do with you. Get over yourself.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options

Just saying.

Its annoying.....

Thats all.

Everyone has their own body image issues. In that woman's mind, she IS fat. It has nothing to do with you. Get over yourself.

Pretty sure you gave this advice to someone else "no one strapped you to a chair and forced you to read this"

I said at the start I was just venting.

But thanks sooo much for you input I'll try to put my ego aside just for YOU.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I've noticed most people who say that in a "woe is me" kind of way are normally just fishing for compliments. So don't give it to them by saying "Oh no you're not fat!"... tell them "I thought you put on some weight".
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options

Just saying.

Its annoying.....

Thats all.

Pretty sure you gave this advice to someone else "no one strapped you to a chair and forced you to read this"

calm down.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Totally fishing for compliments, in my opinion.

My latest pet peeve is seeing celebrities who are a bit heavy say they are some ridiculously tiny size, when I know I am smaller than them, and am in a MUCH bigger size. Puh-LEEZE!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Just saying.

Its annoying.....

Thats all.

That advice was given to someone who told us all to stop posting to a specific thread because she thought it had been discussed enough, so I don't see the analogy.

As far as this topic, I don't understand why you feel annoyed over how someone else feels about her body, which is not your body.
  • cameralinds
    Options
    It all has to do with how we perceive ourselves in our minds. To that woman, she may not be satisfied with her body because it doesn't look the same as it used to, or because she's going through a difficult part of her life and is trying to find something she can focus on that is less difficult to deal with, or because she has struggled with food/body issues for her entire life. We don't always know the person behind the words and behind the body, so what we can do is offer encouragement and support if they're our friends, or follow the rule of thumb-- can't say something nice, don't say anything. Good thing you just vented. ;)

Edit: On another note: 130 on a 5'7 person looks completely different on a 5' person.
  • MissNothing130
    Options
    Some people say it for attention, some people just honestly believe they are fat. I know I've said it about myself in the past & that's because I truly believe it. Everyone has there little insecurities, some peoples are just less apparent to others. One person calling themselves fat doesn't mean they're calling you a whale, that's just how you've taken it in.
    I can totally understand where you're coming from though. When I see 5'7 girls saying "I'm so ****ing tall I must be a giant", I'm just stood there, at 5'11 thinking "The **** am I then?".
    Just gotta ignore & move on. I know I try to.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and weigh 100 pounds. I find that I see women who weigh 15 or 30 pounds more than me do not look as undesirable as I see myself. I have struggled with body image issues since I was 8 years old and have had eating disorders. It is annoying that I see myself fat, as well, because the number doesn't match the way I see myself. I would love to have normal thoughts.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I weigh 145lbs. When I look in the mirror, I see the flaws and issues I have with MY body. I have days when I feel like a fat whale.

Being thin doesn't guarantee happiness with ones body. You can be 100, 130, 180lbs and have body issues. When I look in the mirror and see my flaws, I'm not thinking about you or anyone else. I don't give a hoot what someone else weighs and I don't give a hoot what someone else looks like - I care about what *I* see in the mirror and if I'm not happy with it - it doesn't matter what the scale says.

I'll be honest... it annoys me when people comment about how someone else sees THEIR body. I don't care if you weigh 130 or 230, you can still have issues with how you look. Stop assuming that being 130lbs solves all the body image issues.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Everyone finds more flaws in themselves than other people see. Even when I was a size 0-2 (I didn't think I was fat, but) I still wasn't skinny enough. My inner thighs were still pudgy, I've always had a huge backside compared with the rest of me. Maybe 2 other people saw what what I saw, everyone else thought I was insane.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    It all has to do with how we perceive ourselves in our minds. To that woman, she may not be satisfied with her body because it doesn't look the same as it used to, or because she's going through a difficult part of her life and is trying to find something she can focus on that is less difficult to deal with, or because she has struggled with food/body issues for her entire life. We don't always know the person behind the words and behind the body, so what we can do is offer encouragement and support if they're our friends, or follow the rule of thumb-- can't say something nice, don't say anything. Good thing you just vented. ;)

Edit: On another note: 130 on a 5'7 person looks completely different on a 5' person.

^ This ^
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    I get that people see their flaws. I do too. I see my flaws all the time and judge myself for them.

But if I was to weigh 120lbs and was sitting next to a girl who was clearly over weight I would think to have the restraint to refrain from calling myself FAT in random converstation.

If this was a friend I would of course be supportive. But I also find it rude.
  • jenn_is_trouble
    Options
    I have a friend that is a stripper and model and she says that *kitten* all the time. Makes me super frustrated. I mean, if you are getting paid to expose yourself, you probably look good. Realistically (I know there are some cases of plus size models and strippers but it's pretty rare), you wouldn't be a model if you were fat.
  • Lillemeddy
    Options
    I can understand where you're coming from. However, I have felt fat as long as I can remember, and I have never been close to overweight. I've felt hideous all my life, but I have a boyfriend that thinks I am the most beautiful girl in the world. Some people just struggle with how they perceive themselves, that is all. So remember that, and try not to take offense next time! :)

Merry Christmas!!
  • upsidedownpear
    upsidedownpear Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have a set of girlfriends - who are actually my husband's friends' wives - bring pretty fattening dishes to potlucks and constantly crib about how they shouldn't be eating that and how fat they are getting. ALL of them are in the normal range of weight. They aren't fishing for compliments but just showing them off to be conscious about eating. I am gigantic in front of them and eat carefully without expressing myself. Funny thing is, I haven't seen any change in them over past many many many months but these conversations just won't stop!
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    I weigh 145lbs. When I look in the mirror, I see the flaws and issues I have with MY body. I have days when I feel like a fat whale.

Being thin doesn't guarantee happiness with ones body. You can be 100, 130, 180lbs and have body issues. When I look in the mirror and see my flaws, I'm not thinking about you or anyone else. I don't give a hoot what someone else weighs and I don't give a hoot what someone else looks like - I care about what *I* see in the mirror and if I'm not happy with it - it doesn't matter what the scale says.

I'll be honest... it annoys me when people comment about how someone else sees THEIR body. I don't care if you weigh 130 or 230, you can still have issues with how you look. Stop assuming that being 130lbs solves all the body image issues.

I didnt mean to apply that if you are a certain weight it solves anything.

I was talking about making the statement.

I know there are females out there who have body complexs and all weights.

And some who dont at all weights.

But why WHY must these girls say "Oh i'm so fat" It just bothers me.

On the same hand it bothers me when fat people say it too while their eat their ho ho's.

But thats a different subject.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I do understand that they have their own insecurities and body image issues. The worst to me is when I went shopping with a girlfriend who weighed 118 at 5'7", had to get a size 2 pants, and said "ugh! Im so fat" I was in a 24 at the time. I snapped. I said "while I get that you may feel bad because you had a whole meal today and have to wear a size 2, but there is no number before OR after that 2 and it really makes me feel like $#!+ when you say things like that. We are in a store that I cant even buy a pair of socks for and you are upset that you have to wear almost the smallest size". It just really made me angry.
  • RainbowDream83
    Options
    Some girls that do call themselves fat and are actually within their health range for their height and age, may have an eating disorder and should seek help.