30D of Shreddin Thru the Holidays (Open Group - All Levels)

Options

Replies

• jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Phew! I have spent the last couple of days trying to recover from snowboarding... can't remember the last time I had a whole body sore like that! After having a fairly high calorie day today I needed I high calorie burn, so I went for a run. Came home and attempted to do Level 3 of the 30 day shred, but my body say nuh uh.

Holidays are tough! I have decided that I am going to try and do my best of the next week or so. But, once I come back from my vacation... I'll post my honest starting weight for the year and start anew.
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Simply inspirational! You rock!!
    Measurements for Level 1
    Beginning measurements Level 1 End
    Neck 13.75 --- 13.5
    Chest 42.0 --- 41.5
    Waist 45.5 --- 42.75
    Hips 47.0 --- 45.5
    Right thigh 28.0 --- 28.0
    Left thigh 28.5 --- 28.0
    Right calf 17.0 --- 16.0
    Left calf 16.75 --- 15.25
    Right arm 15.0 --- 14.75
    Left arm 15.0 --- 14.25

From the beginning of level 1 until the end I have lost 1.7lbs, but I've lost 9inches. One small step at a time.
  • shortjules
    shortjules Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I'm hoping to keep it up through the next two levels. L2D2 was done today. I could feel it in my abs all day at work. This workout is awesome and it definitely makes you work. Keep it up ladies. I'm thinking ripped in 30 after this.
    Simply inspirational! You rock!!
    Measurements for Level 1
    Beginning measurements Level 1 End
    Neck 13.75 --- 13.5
    Chest 42.0 --- 41.5
    Waist 45.5 --- 42.75
    Hips 47.0 --- 45.5
    Right thigh 28.0 --- 28.0
    Left thigh 28.5 --- 28.0
    Right calf 17.0 --- 16.0
    Left calf 16.75 --- 15.25
    Right arm 15.0 --- 14.75
    Left arm 15.0 --- 14.25

From the beginning of level 1 until the end I have lost 1.7lbs, but I've lost 9inches. One small step at a time.
  • AliciaV30
    AliciaV30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Did day 4 of level 2 last night its still kinda hard but its getting easier by the day. Can't wait to get to level 3!!!

Alicia
  • rosiebug
    rosiebug Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So I took a lot of days off this past week, which I was disappointed in myself for, but I finally finished Level 2 yesterday! I weighed in today to check my results, and I'm down a total of 11.75 lbs since starting the Shred (9 workouts on Level 1 & 10 workouts on Level 2). I'm still taking progress pics, but I really don't see a difference yet in the pics. I feel like I see a slight difference in person, but they just aren't showing up on film for some reason. I think it is because slight weight loss doesn't seem as noticeable on someone my size, compared to someone who is closer to their goal weight. Oh well, I'm still thrilled with my progress so far.

I just finished Day 1 of Level 3, too. I do feel like it's a little easier than Level 2, but still tough. My downstairs neighbors are going to hate me for all the jumping, and I'm not even doing the rockstar jumps out of consideration for them (jogging in place instead). I was rather bummed to see there are still several plank moves, but they don't seem as hard to keep up with. I'm on vacation through the end of the year, so I hope I can motivate myself to be more consistent with my workouts throughout this level.

Great job to the rest of you who are keeping up with shredding! I'm glad to see so many of you are sticking with it and progressing through the different levels. :)
  • sbb4406
    Options
    Today was the first time I've done level 2 since last Friday (so that puts me on day 6 I believe) and ohhh was it hard lol. Worse than day 1. I'm drenched :( But I'm glad I got it done. I was hoping to be done with the shred by January but I don't see that happening now lol
  • kylexii
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

I haven't checked in on this thread in far too long! I'm on day 28, level 3 day 8, currently. I've missed about 3 workouts recently so today, tomorrow and the next day I'm going to be doubling up! I already did one workout today so I still have one more tonight. I'm actually excited for double workouts! Every time I've done them in the past I feel significantly more sore but ultimately more accomplished. I'm ready for one final challenge in the shred :) I'll also be sure to post my results on Christmas Eve when I finish!

Keep going strong everyone! We're nearly done! (:
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so great!! I'm leaving to celebrate Christmas with family today. I'm going to wait to tackle Level 3 next week when I return. I plan to work some exercise in when I can so I'm not dying when I resume the Shred with Level 3! So, definitely, pushups, planks, situps/crunches, squats, lunges...

I may or may not be able to check in some. If I don't, I hope everyone has a great weekend and safe travels (if you're traveling)!!
  • zumbabumba21
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 and I'm pretty sore, especially in my calves and bum-but that's a good thing :D ! Although it did help my strained shoulder muscles from carrying heavy bags-I did that and went swimming and they seem to be much better today which is great!
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Alright everyone, you have done amazing sticking with this through the holidays. It has been a pleasure to see many of you come so far in your journey. While I was hoping to lose weight leading up to my Christmas vacation (and I did lose 4 pounds at the beginning of level 1) I have been more or less consistent, to no fault of the program. I found it so hard to do anything but maintain while everyday I am getting offered this and that or going out here or there. But, maintenance is an awesome accomplishment too. I expect that over the next week in Florida visiting family that I will probably gain a couple of pounds... but, I am not going to sweat it. When I get back home I am going to update my weight and move on. 2012 is going to be the year I reach my goal and I cannot wait to get started on the last half of my weight loss. Insanity (2 month at home work-out videos) here I come. Happy holidays and happy new years to everyone!
  • sbb4406
    Options
    L2D7 done... still not any easier than yesterday lol :(
    I'm gonna do level 2 for another full week next week, and hope that by the end of it I can get through all the (modified) plank exercises.
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day Three. It's Christmas eve here. I must conquer the planks today and work on getting my booty down during them.

Planks are not awesome, but i am going to get better at them.

Grats to all those out there who are doing the challenge over the holidays. I thought it would be so much 'easier' because it was shorter. MAN, i was wrong.
  • Tsrwalker
    Tsrwalker Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 DS on 12/21 but I didn't do it today since when I got up I was sore in my arms and back, I can also feel it in my stomach. I decided to go with the every other day method. So I will be doing it again tomorrow morning. I did take my measurements so here goes:

Weight: 245
    Height: 5'10
    Bust: 47
    Waist: 45.5
    Hips: 53
    Thighs: 28
    Neck: 15
    Arm:14
    I am going to retake measurements every week and repost. Well see how it goes. I had a hard time with the push ups and the weight exercises, but was okay with the cardio and ab exercises.
  • shortjules
    Options
    Just finished L2D4...this level is definitely rough. I make it through, but I am absolutely dripping with sweat at the end. It was running into my eyes when I was trying to do the last set of plank jacks.
  • kylexii
    Options
    finished the shred today! :) so proud of myself! :) I'm excited to see my progress tomorrow :)
  • shortjules
    Options
    L2D5 done. I slacked a litle bit over the past couple days, but I'm back at it now. Ready to keep working toward my goals.
  • hrwinston
    Options
    Getting my copy of 30 Day Shred today...I'll probably start this evening. I am soooo scared but I'm going to do it! Wish me luck!

My starting weight: 201
    Current weight: 193
  • califigureeight
    Options
    I'm back!!! Are we going to continue past the holiday's?

Today is (RESTART) L1D1 for me :)
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I finished L2 before the weekend, but with new, heavier handweights I decided to start lvl 1 again today. I feel a huge difference after the first 20 days so hopefully I'll be able to follow Jillian more than Anita this time around ;)
  • Jenniferslast10
    Jenniferslast10 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just did 1st day of level 3! It took me 15 days to get through level 2 and I think I could do level 3 through January. It is challenging!