How did you meet your SO?

Options

Replies

• FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    DH and I met at a full service gas station where I worked. May 26, 1989 is our anniversary. Check out my pics of Scott and our two girls Kayla (DOB March 11, 1990) and Lacy (DOB September 15, 1995) and I.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Met at school over 20yrs ago and were good friends. Eventually got together when we were 25 and both coming out of long term relationships. Within a month he had moved in, then got married 2.5yrs later. We just renewed our wedding vows on our 10th Anniversary in June and now have 2 gorgeous kids together :love:
  • CariBeth1978
    CariBeth1978 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CariBeth1978
    CariBeth1978 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    :love: :flowerforyou:I am a hypocrite I do not believe in love at first site, but when out eyes met... well here's the mini story
    I went to a little country bar and met eyes with this really cute bouncer...... Spark huge spark.... I ran back to introduce myself (not something I norm would do)..... His pick up line "If you want to go behind the bar and have *** it's ok with me" I said no and we started dating two days later moved in a week later expecting 3 months later married 10 months later... Oh and 11 years later we are still in love♥♥♥♥ :heart:
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    When I was a moderator on a msn chat room, pre-transition and she has stuck by me through my transition, disability, bad health and everything! I love her to bits and couldn't have found a more perfect match. This will be our 9th holiday season together and 3.5 years since we got married. Longest relationship I have ever been in and things are still feeling great :)
  • GoCanada
    GoCanada Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Knew him in high school, and then we started dating first year of University <3.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    On a phone sex line. But we tell people in a yahoo chat room. lol :blushing:
  • Trishaf66
    Trishaf66 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I met my husband through a guy one of my friends liked back in high school, we started talking on the phone everyday and when we finally met in person I just knew something good was going to come out of it, we have 3 kids and have been together for 7 years next month! :happy:
  • outbreak42
    outbreak42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Epic. So, who called who? :P

In a forum.

When she became of legal age, I bought her an airplane ticket and she left home.

It's not as bad as it sounds. :ohwell:
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options

Epic. So, who called who? :P

In a forum.

When she became of legal age, I bought her an airplane ticket and she left home.

It's not as bad as it sounds. :ohwell:

LOL He called me!! :wink: It was one of those party line things. Yours sounds interesting!!
  • RhondaRowsell
    RhondaRowsell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    volunteering at our children's school.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Through mutual friends.
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I blogged a little story a few months back:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Tomhusker/view/my-wife-a-ramble-of-affection-88079#comments

Hope the link is right.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Married numerous times...
    1. Cruise night
    2. Knew from high school cruise nights
    3. Neighbor introduced me
    4. Knew from school days
    5. Knew from school days...

... hmmm... maybe I should try the sex line thing... might have better luck... LOL
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    We met in a human sexuality class and I asked him if he needed a lab partner ;) we were friends for a few years and then finally went out on a date when we were both single and have been together for the past 2.5 years :)
  • 65PONY
    65PONY Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yahoo Personals 2004 :-)
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    7 and a half years ago we were both working for a cleaning company... he had just gotten transferred to my building from another... we became friends because we had similar interests... He told me after about 2 months of hanging out as friends that if we weren't working together, he would totally date me. 3 days later, at our usual hang out spot, we held hands. Later that night we kissed. 2 weeks after that he found another job, and we've been together ever since. :) Been married for just over a year now and I love him more and more everyday. :)
  • JennyAnnLanders
    JennyAnnLanders Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Met during High School in our church youth choir. Funny since neither of us really sing. Been married 37 years.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    He picked me up in a club! :love: I used to go with my friends and he'd go with his.. I went there all the time and apparently so did he and we finally met one night :smile: He wrote his number and email on a napkin and gave it to me. I kept it in my dresser for a few days but then threw it out, thinking it was fun to meet someone but naaah.. then two weeks later I was sitting around bored and wished I had kept the info. He had a weird name (which was part of his email address as well) so I remembered it! Emailed him.. we emailed back and forth and he asked me out. So that was it :)
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'd been around my hubs during my childhood since he lived down the street from a mutual friend, and he'd come out to play with us. Went to different schools until highschool. I distinctly remember us chatting on AIM late one night about the people we were 'lovesick' about. He then says, "You'll find the right person some day, even when you're not looking for him. You're too pretty to be alone."
    7 years later, he's still my sweetie pie. <3