So who else is counting through the holiday?

Options

Replies

• eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Ill be counting. Im gonna face the music regardless. Happy Holidays!!!!
    ^^^ ditto
  • itburns69
    Options
    Calories don't count on holidays. Santa said so.
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    I'm logging but not watching what I eat if that makes sense. More sort of a morbid curiosity type thing, since I eat roughly the same things every Christmas would be interesting to know what it is I'm shoveling down with my fork!
    But I'm just going to eat my food, do some exercise and if I go over I go over, Christmas only comes once a year so I say enjoy it and tomorrow just get back to normal :D
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I always log... sometimes when I am unsure of how much I ate, I just pick an arbitrary number and log calories. If I don't log, I feel guilty:happy:
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    defaintaly logging - even if it over i want it there... i think the majority of my calories come from champagne anyway! booooo
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I'm counting, I count every day. I don't see why anyone would not.

But people make a lot of excuses, so who knows.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    One day is not going to make that much of a difference! Will log, out of habit, but not worried about amounts! Cheers!:drinker:
  • uk_ja
    uk_ja Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My Dec 24th

Totals......................4,553......379 ........243 ........218.........33...........6,953
    Your Daily Goal.....3,850......384 ........128 ........289.........44...........2,500
    Remaining............ -703 ........5 .........-115 ........71 ..........11........... -4,453
    ................................Calories...Carbs...Fat ...... Protein... Fiber........Sodium
    *You've earned 1150 extra calories from exercise today

Even with a double workout I still ended up almost 1k calories over but it was worth it!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm logging it. There isn't anything that great, so even if I have a piece of cake I should be under my calories. I added up everything I know we're having and it only came out to 1000.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Logging then going OMG HOW MANY CALORIES????.

Not going to beat myself up though that would take all the fun out of the day. Just burn it all off in the New Year. I already have my excercise plan worked out to start 2012 :wink:
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    I'm counting ....however I will not beat myself up if I go over. I won't be doing much in the way of exercise today so I imagine with the goodies of Christmas I will be over a little.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I'm counting. I've kept to my calories, but feel like garbage from the fatty foods and sugar snacks. Felt hungover yesterday morning and I haven't had a drop in 24 years. Today I'll be very careful and skip the garbage, it's not worth how I feel afterwards. It's such a wake up call to realize I felt this way all the time for years. Thank goodness for MFP and all the support here, this is doable.
  • heatherterp
    Options
    I am counting, but with 2 Birthdays this week I have not done so well. No one is forcing me to eat, so I have to own every calorie I consume. I was over 421 yesterday so last night I took an Extra walk. Just a mile. I was still over, but Felt good that I got a walk in.
    I am fingers crossed I will be in limits today. Already got in a 15 minute walk at 2/7 on the dreadmill. I prefer not to eat my earned calories, but it happens . Merry Christmas everyone
  • sgtlittle
    sgtlittle Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I log everything just so i know what goes in and so i can track...i am a numbers guy.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Absolutely logging. Not logging is like pretending it didn't happen. I will eat small portions and choose what I want to count. I will probably go over my daily amount some unless I get my walk/job in later, which I"m hoping for. Still, in my previous fat life (LOL), I would have probably eaten 3000 calories or more. Now, even going under, I will probably only be around 1600 calories, which is AWESOME!!!! I think logging even when going over helps keep you more accountable so you don't go out of control. We can still enjoy the holidays without going crazy and getting derailed from our plan! Happy holidays everyone. Have fun but stay sane!
  • chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am out of town for the week and decided to try to be good, but am not counting. I just want to keep my post trip weight within 2 pounds of when I left
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm logging everything, but I'm not concerned about going over. I have my day planned to end at -800! So, 2000 calories. It looks bad with the -800, but it's really not!
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    we have just finished our christmas meal so logged it - I had my usual full plate - but just took one bite of each thing and its still came to over 1400 calories - I dread to think how much it would have been if I had eaten a full plate. Now I am itching to take the dog a long walk to start burning it off, as soon as this uncomfortable full feeling goes away.
  • Stacy_L_Meyer
    Stacy_L_Meyer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am counting and planning to stay under my calorie goal like any other day. Happy Holidays to you all and best of luck! =)
    Me, too!

Me three!!!!
    Me four!!!!!
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I will log everything cuz I need to see what happens when I give myself a "free" day. Everyday counts. If I put it in my mouth, I must log to make sure everyone else can see my foods and help me along with my choices in all the yummy foods during ANY day (including holidays).:flowerforyou: